Recommendations Best Fantasy Novels

skillet

a frying pan
'ello i am lowkey late
but paperback suggestions here i come

The False Prince series - Jennifer Nielsen
--> if you enjoyed Percy Jackson series I feel like you'll like this too (??? DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS)
Ulysses Moore series - Pierdomenico Baccalario
--> SERIOUS recommend this-- it's GOOD
Rebel of the Sands trilogy - Alwyn Hamilton
--> fantasy and so many twists it blew my mind
EDIT: Adding one more!
The Emerald Atlas series is good too; time travel and fantasy :)

...these are basically all juvenile fiction tho :') except for the Rebel one, that's YA. haha.

Last edited:

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
'ello i am lowkey late
but paperback suggestions here i come

The False Prince series - Jennifer Nielsen
--> if you enjoyed Percy Jackson series I feel like you'll like this too (??? DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS)
Ulysses Moore series - Pierdomenico Baccalario
--> SERIOUS recommend this-- it's GOOD
Rebel of the Sands trilogy - Alwyn Hamilton
--> fantasy and so many twists it blew my mind
EDIT: Adding one more!
The Emerald Atlas series is good too; time travel and fantasy :)

...these are basically all juvenile fiction tho :') except for the Rebel one, that's YA. haha.
Ah, juvenile fiction. Basically all stories are centered around that genre, because it's the time when people ACTUALLY have time to read....

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Way of Kings. Also Sanderson and one of the best fantasy novels written in a very long time. The sequels fall off a bit, but that's almost understandable considering the first one is such a banger.

Also: Syche the Dark Element. I hear that one's. . . decent at best.

Last edited:

HazaraTayamoto175

I' looking for them. Already read: LOTR, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Game of Thrones, etc.. I need more! Any type! Online or paperback!
You just read the 5 Percy Jackson books? Cause if you did, there is the Heroes of Olympus, about Roman and Greek Gods, the Kane Chronicles, about Egyptian Gods, Magnus Chase, about Norse Gods, and Trials of Apollo, also about Greek Gods. Total including the Percy Jackson series is 21 books.

CadmarLegend

You just read the 5 Percy Jackson books? Cause if you did, there is the Heroes of Olympus, about Roman and Greek Gods, the Kane Chronicles, about Egyptian Gods, Magnus Chase, about Norse Gods, and Trials of Apollo, also about Greek Gods. Total including the Percy Jackson series is 21 books.
I know of all of Rick Riordan's books.... and have read them all... and read their fanfictions as well...

Noks

You can try Vengeful Tide. It's not very well known, but it instantly shot up to my top novel. It's about a Pirate who can control the tide's, kinda like a water bender. Killed and betrayed by his beloved and former crew, he woke up in the past with the goal to seek revenge on those who betrayed him. Although, be warned it have incest tho and heavy on sex.

CadmarLegend

You can try Vengeful Tide. It's not very well known, but it instantly shot up to my top novel. It's about a Pirate who can control the tide's, kinda like a water bender. Killed and betrayed by his beloved and former crew, he woke up in the past with the goal to seek revenge on those who betrayed him. Although, be warned it have incest tho and heavy on sex.
so I take it that it is on the web and most likely not actually published?

Noks

so I take it that it is on the web and most likely not actually published?
Yeah, you can just search Vengeful Tide, it's a fucking hidden gem. Got me frustrated it's not well known. Contacted the author to put it here on SH, he said he will look into it. It's the first time it happened to me, i guess this is what it feels like being a hardcore fan.

Agentt

Thighs
'Bakemonogatari' and everything that comes after it.
Zeroeth Maria and the Empty box.
Overlord.

Localforeigner

I' looking for them. Already read: LOTR, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Game of Thrones, etc.. I need more! Any type! Online or paperback!
Check out the Black Company series. The original trilogy is the best, but the other books really broaden the universe and do some deep dives on some of the characters.

Though, as it is 'war fantasy don't get too attached to many of the characters!

CadmarLegend

Check out the Black Company series. The original trilogy is the best, but the other books really broaden the universe and do some deep dives on some of the characters.

Though, as it is 'war fantasy don't get too attached to many of the characters!
so death... DEATH.... DEATHHHHHHHH!

Reisinling

Reisinling

Way of Kings. Also Sanderson and one of the best fantasy novels written in a very long time. The sequels fall off a bit, but that's almost understandable considering the first one is such a banger.

Also: Syche the Dark Element. I hear that one's. . . decent at best.
Sanderson has a series of lectures about writing fantasy he gave at some uni on youtube (and his official youtube channel) - great watch, seriously, haven't red the books yet though