Best Single Player (Offline) Games?

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
I'll be moving to China in the next few weeks, and probably won't be able to guarantee a strong enough internet connection to be able to play online games. So hit me with all the best single-player games ya'll know.

And preferably, they should have really good replay value. Like, I won't get sick of it even after I've played it twice. :blobreading:

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Type? I sank thousands of hours into Fallout 4, doing nothing but building bases, but that is just me. There are many different RPGs with good stories and choices... Well fuck it, here is a list of my favorite games, in no particular order; maybe some will catch your eye:

• Fallout (from 1 to 4)
  • Mass Effect trilogy
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1-2
  • Civilization (any installment)
  • Heroes of Might and Magic 2 or 3
  • X-Com (any installment)
  • Escape from Tarkov SPT (single-player mod for the game, no need for internet)
  • Stellaris
  • Endless Space 2
  • Medieval II: Total War
  • Shogun 2: Total War
  • Doom (any installment)
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • The Sims 3 + all DLC
  • Beat Hazard
  • Elden Ring
  • Race Driver Grid
  • Re-Volt
  • Starbound
There are more but this should be enough for now. Not to mention the hundreds of visual novels I could list.

Simo

A lazy sloth
I lived in china for a few years, and I can assure you, you’ll have nothing to worry about when it comes to internet speed. You might want to download a VPN however, due to the firewall, other than that, it’s all good.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
I lived in china for a few years, and I can assure you, you’ll have nothing to worry about when it comes to internet speed. You might want to download a VPN however, due to the firewall, other than that, it’s all good.
You think free ones work? Can't seem to convince my mom to actually pay for one -_-

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Doom
Oblivion
Skyrim
Fallout new Vegas
Fallout 4

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Type? I sank thousands of hours into Fallout 4, doing nothing but building bases, but that is just me. There are many different RPGs with good stories and choices... Well fuck it, here is a list of my favorite games, in no particular order; maybe some will catch your eye:

• Fallout (from 1 to 4)
  • Mass Effect trilogy
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1-2
  • Civilization (any installment)
  • Heroes of Might and Magic 2 or 3
  • X-Com (any installment)
  • Escape from Tarkov SPT (single-player mod for the game, no need for internet)
  • Stellaris
  • Endless Space 2
  • Medieval II: Total War
  • Shogun 2: Total War
  • Doom (any installment)
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • The Sims 3 + all DLC
  • Beat Hazard
  • Elden Ring
  • Race Driver Grid
  • Re-Volt
  • Starbound
There are more but this should be enough for now. Not to mention the hundreds of visual novels I could list.
You should be executed by firing squad for mentioning the trash that is Starbound instead of the timeless classic Terraria.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Some of the fallout games, I wonder if they are banned in china as WW3 and nuclear winter started with conflict over oil with china.

QuestionableArachne

You should be executed by firing squad for mentioning the trash that is Starbound instead of the timeless classic Terraria.
Starbound wasn't always bad and tbh the game is still decent, it just doesn't live up to what people thought it'd be and also doesn't match the original idea people bought the game for, Chucklefish ended up changing the direction of the game and turned it into a sandbox game with a badly implemented storyline and quests that are extremely tedious. atm the game has stopped being worked on and is on life support from mods.This video does a good job explaining what happened with the game

Last edited:

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Ghost of Tsushima, Republic Commando, Nioh, the Uncharted series, and Nier Automata all come to mind

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Starbound wasn't always bad and tbh the game is still decent, it just doesn't live up to what people thought it'd be and also doesn't match the original idea people bought the game for, Chucklefish ended up changing the direction of the game and turned it into a sandbox game with a badly implemented storyline and quests that are extremely tedious. atm the game has stopped being worked on and is on life support from mods.This video does a good job explaining what happened with the game
The fact that you have to explain all that shit means it sucks.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
A good roguelite

such as:
Dead Cells
Cult of the Lamb
Rogue Legacy 2
Zelda Breath of the Wild

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀