Best Single Player (Offline) Games?

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
oye how da
Type? I sank thousands of hours into Fallout 4, doing nothing but building bases, but that is just me. There are many different RPGs with good stories and choices... Well fuck it, here is a list of my favorite games, in no particular order; maybe some will catch your eye:

• Fallout (from 1 to 4)
  • Mass Effect trilogy
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1-2
  • Civilization (any installment)
  • Heroes of Might and Magic 2 or 3
  • X-Com (any installment)
  • Escape from Tarkov SPT (single-player mod for the game, no need for internet)
  • Stellaris
  • Endless Space 2
  • Medieval II: Total War
  • Shogun 2: Total War
  • Doom (any installment)
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • The Sims 3 + all DLC
  • Beat Hazard
  • Elden Ring
  • Race Driver Grid
  • Re-Volt
  • Starbound
There are more but this should be enough for now. Not to mention the hundreds of visual novels I could list.
oye how dare you not include dragon age series

Ssthat

Boo Tao Main
For what platform? If it's nintendo switch, SSBU is my go-to for offline gameplay

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
Factorio - factory building, partial tower defense, with tons of mods (get space exploration + krastorio 2 and you have 400ish hours, if you go fast, of gameplay right there... Warning: it is nicknamed cracktorio for a good reason)
Rimworld, plus mods, colony builder game, with biotech you can also create unique demihuman races, especially if you add in mods. I have both kitsune and kumiho in my game. Nice floofs and murderfloofs both. Revia Race Mod is the best mod, murderfloofs who get even more potent the more they murder.
Kerbal Space Program, plus some mods, interstellar + some solar system mods is a good combo
Kenshi - your chars are the same as npcs, so it is tough, but very rewarding once you get built up and start doing one-hit-polykills
Reassembly - build spaceships and battle with them
From the Depths - build ships and battle with them, with weapons of your own design too
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance - one of the best RTS ever made. Highly recommend the Blackops mod.
Cataclysm: Bright Nights - roguelike zombie apocalypse with mutations, cybernetics, and custom vehicles. You can be a man-bear-tree with a fusion blaster like megaman riding around on a v12 wheelchair if you so choose. Alternatively, Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, but they focus on "realism" and are far less fun and far more tedious even if they were the base fork.
Dwarf Fortress - warning, there is no learning curve, it is straight up a learning cliff. With an overhang.
Endless Skies - space rpg game, very customizable ships, similar to Escape Velocity: Nova, which is also good
Starsector - another space rpg, less customizable, but tons of mods, and you can have a fleet as well as create colonies
Cosmoteer - another spaceship game, another where you can make fleets, except you build your own ships instead of simply outfit them

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Get yourself an emulator and pirate the whole 3DS library and WiiU (which means Xenoblade X) library since there's no legal way to get those games anymore.

Or emulate your own legally owned (TM) copies of other games.

Major2501

I've been playing Control recently. I highly recommend it. 😀

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
I can only recommend The binding of Isaac:Rebirth and Terraria.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
images - 2023-10-27T042121.139.jpeg