The Semanticist
  1. webnovel.com​
  2. scribblehub.com​
  3. ritoria.com
  4. honeyfeed.fm​
  5. tapas.io​
  6. fizzo.org​
WN would be improved if their "filter results" function worked on the website
SH would have best UI if it let writers delete comments on their chapter pages (imagine a person writes a nonthoughtful comment you can't erase on your painting's frame)
ritoria had some writing interface bugs that aren't too prevalent now
honeyfeed won't let you post a coverimage on mobile
tapas can be considered a bit messy...
fizzo has a weird magnified mobile UI (vertical scrolling works)

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

Attachments

• D5F63120-FB1A-4DAB-A1A8-E3EF759C8904.jpg
    D5F63120-FB1A-4DAB-A1A8-E3EF759C8904.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 22

Corty

Spaghetti Monster
Webnovel in the first place? Sorry but no. Not even close.

The lack of options for formatting and transforming your text compared to SH is a joke. Not even for reading… From all the sites I tried out SH has the most tools for authors to write and the most user-friendly experiment to read on any device.

Even RR is above WN yet it's not on the list. Hell I would put Wattpad over it… and no this is not simple hate, I have had an account on WN since it was brought to the west and I used it daily for writing/publishing for a year. No chance in hell it's first.

And deleting comments? No way that is a plus. I get it that there are trolls and whatnot but please… if you are good your other readers would call them out anyway. Deleting comments is the slippery slope that gets you into a circlejerk situation.

edit: Plus if we are at the deleting stuff point, your own novel can't be taken off webnovel until you self-report it for copyright infringement. :blob_hmm_two:

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I enjoy being able to delete comments on other sites. Here, I'm leaning into the one-star ratings, so deleting comments isn't really necessary.

Ashen6206

As a reader, webnovel sites fall into three tiers for me: websites that provide a download, websites that I can effortlessly scrape to create an epub from, and websites that actively interfere with me creating epubs.

A certain fanfiction website I know that is donation funded called Archive of our Own provides downloads for epub and several options, and since there's an original works category it scratches my webnovel itch as well. It's really wonderful because then I can use all the reader-specific features that my ebook reader has, such as a dictionary, bookmarks, picking up the chapter exactly where I left, etc etc just ffs please just let me have the reading experience that I enjoy. Although this website has its reasons, I will keep complaining if it can't even compare to a donation funded site in this way.
So there.

phaeous

The Semanticist
Webnovel in the first place? Sorry but no. Not even close.

The lack of options for formatting and transforming your text compared to SH is a joke. Not even for reading… From all the sites I tried out SH has the most tools for authors to write and the most user-friendly experiment to read on any device.

Even RR is above WN yet it's not on the list. Hell I would put Wattpad over it… and no this is not simple hate, I have had an account on WN since it was brought to the west and I used it daily for writing/publishing for a year. No chance in hell it's first.

And deleting comments? No way that is a plus. I get it that there are trolls and whatnot but please… if you are good your other readers would call them out anyway. Deleting comments is the slippery slope that gets you into a circlejerk situation.

edit: Plus if we are at the deleting stuff point, your own novel can't be taken off webnovel until you self-report it for copyright infringement. :blob_hmm_two:
i agree SH has great tools as a writer, but how your work's ultimately presented holds the true weight; WN has an immersive reading experience that hides those comments in a different page. The SH chapterpage, your novel's face rests on that wall; yet evil trash puked there can't be cleaned up if it's 'innocuous'. I rather delete & repost the chapter than let filth simmer on my art.

circlejerk... uh, do you know about this thing "free will"? use it & create a character that holds true self-honesty

RR: too stinky with rules
WP: not bad, but it's filter doesn't help you find new frequently published work; everything's split longtime-popular <-> brand new & random

Last edited:

OP1000

As a reader, I prefer scribblehub.com over webnovel.com when it comes to the user interface. I really like the fact that I am able to edit a comment that I have posted on the chapter of a story on Scribblehub, while the same can not be said about Webnovel because you would have to delete the comment that you wrote and rewrite it the way you want it to be written. When searching for a story, Scribblehub has the more preferable mechanism over the one that Webnovel uses. This is because Scribblehub allows users to search by tags and genres with the option to include/exclude them from what the reader wants to search when looking for a story, while Webnovel only allows readers to search for stories by tags without the option of being able to specify which tags you do not want when looking for a story.