BIAW - Compendium of Commissioned Arts

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Yo,

I'm starting this thread so I can share the beautiful arts I'll commission for my series in the future so that even people who don't read it can admire the wonderful work of those amazing artists. I'll naturally also include their contact info so that other authors are able to reach out to them if their style seems fitting to their projects.

Short self-insert - I'm currently posting a story under the title of "I Own a Brothel in Another World", which is a very slow Slice of Life series with tons of lore, world-building, character interactions and such (and contradictory to the title, it's not just about sex or prostitution, but that's a slight spoiler area, so shhhh.)

The very first art, to commemorate me writing 100k words (achieved that some time ago) and more importantly, breaking through 1000 favourites, will arrive here in an hour or two, along with my today's chapter release. Can't wait to share it! It's so damn cute! Be aware that the arts might be spoilerish in their nature.

Also, I might be starting another story today, with much less controversial title, but shhhhhhhhh. Maybe I'll change my mind again. I can't fucking decide.

★━━━━━━━━━━━━ARTS━━━━━━━━━━━━★

Creator - @CatgirlWitch on Twitter

Creator - @roosterf2p on Twitter

Creator - Suweeka on Twitter

Creator - @AAppariton on Twitter

Last edited:

Stratothrax

An art of thread is a pretty cool idea, surprised I don't see more of them.
I await the arts ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, I might be starting another story today, with much less controversial title, but shhhhhhhhh. Maybe I'll change my mind again. I can't fucking decide.
C'mon senior... Go rock the fcking Latest Series section:blob_happy:

and for art.... I'm looking forward to seeing the picture of Emi and Safi :blob_aww:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Sweet! Looking forward to some awesome art <3

Saileri

And we got another artwork!

Cornelia - Frost Magician Chibi

Artist - @roosterf2p on Twitter

Last edited:

OneRanter

Southern Unorthodox MaskMaker
low Slice of Life series with tons of lore, world-building, character interactions and such (and contradictory to the title, it's not ju
Wait... Not just? Why am I not reading that already?!

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
And we got another artwork!

Cornelia - Frost Magician Chibi

Artist - @roosterfp2 on Twitter
I like this chibi art more than the other one.
'-'

The snowflake in the background looks nicer than the one on the right.
>w<

X

Saileri

I like this chibi art more than the other one.
'-'

The snowflake in the background looks nicer than the one on the right.
>w<

X
Matter of preferences. And well, I didn't want to bother the artist too much for that detail. It wasn't even required for the small one to be there. We went through a lot of other small thingies and I'm happy with what we got. It's amazing.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Matter of preferences. And well, I didn't want to bother the artist too much for that detail. It wasn't even required for the small one to be there. We went through a lot of other small thingies and I'm happy with what we got. It's amazing.
Yes, I still like both the frost magicians.
I was just saying the left one looks nicer than the right.
<w<
>w>

Your artist has been working hard.

X

Frostbird

Saileri did the aritst you hire charge extra for commercial use? Or what's the artist's stance on commercial use in general?

Saileri

Saileri did the aritst you hire charge extra for commercial use? Or what's the artist's stance on commercial use in general?
I haven't gotten anything requiring commercial use yet and also different people define that on their own so always discuss those things with them. So far, I've only gotten artworks for the novel as pure arts for the readers/followers. Those aren't going to appear anywhere in any monetized version of the story or widespread promotional materials. Which isn't planned for at least a year more anyway.

I was going to do my cover with them but ended up with someone other. And it also wasn't planned as a commercial one since there's a chance I would get a different one if I wanted to publish the book later.

Frostbird

I haven't gotten anything requiring commercial use yet and also different people define that on their own so always discuss those things with them. So far, I've only gotten artworks for the novel as pure arts for the readers/followers. Those aren't going to appear anywhere in any monetized version of the story or widespread promotional materials. Which isn't planned for at least a year more anyway.

I was going to do my cover with them but ended up with someone other. And it also wasn't planned as a commercial one since there's a chance I would get a different one if I wanted to publish the book later.
I was under the impression that if you are using a cover even on a site like scribblehub, it counts as commercial use under advertisement. Is that incorrect? I would like to know, I'm looking into some commissions, but I'm still fairly new with the whole topic.

Saileri

I was under the impression that if you are using a cover even on a site like scribblehub, it counts as commercial use under advertisement. Is that incorrect? I would like to know, I'm looking into some commissions, but I'm still fairly new with the whole topic.
That's why I said it's often up to the artist how they define such a thing. Technically, commercial use means you will gain some kind of monetary benefits from the used artwork, eg. publishing the book on Amazon, or you will be using it as a part of something widespread, like a marketing campaign with Google Ads or stuff like that. Most of the times, free publications like SH or RR are just fine since the thing is public. Naturally, you obviously should state the creator.

Always explain the exact use of the art if you are commissioning. And well, you using an artwork you paid for in your free novel or any other material also functions as an advertisement for the artist.