BL Reading Club! (M/m fiction) for Readers and Writers!

BL Events! Would you be interested in participating?

• Total voters

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
FUNNY YOU MENTION IT!

BL Palace came to life because we wanted a community like the existing Yuri Garden. Maybe you want to join them~

But why the spite? :blob_frown:

We are on very friendly terms with our fellow LGBT+ lovers :blob_highfive:

We’re only spreading love, not viruses (no physical contact happened while writing this)
The Yuri Garden is always open to new members~! Although we do have rules, one of which covers "no filling the Garden with anti-BL sentiment".

Anyone wishing to join us is requested to please thoroughly read through the rules first: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-yuri-garden.28548/

D

Deleted member 52055

4hzna9.jpg

bafflinghaze

For any writers, we have weekly writing sessions every Saturday~

You can write in
the writing room https://www.mywriteclub.com/beta/word-sprints#/BL Palace (or in whatever document you have) and chat in between writing on the BL Palace discord https://discord.gg/f8MmE8J57a

ElectronicStars

Hiya, everyone! I don't really know what I should say, but I just happened across this thread and thought I should add my two cents. I love BL for the sheer diversity of personalities in both the characters and the writers, and read it almost to the exclusion of all else, since I'm severely allergic to heterosexual relationships. Very interested in the competitions and such discussed earlier in the thread 👀 although I don't do great under pressure so I probably won't participate.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Hiya, everyone! I don't really know what I should say, but I just happened across this thread and thought I should add my two cents. I love BL for the sheer diversity of personalities in both the characters and the writers, and read it almost to the exclusion of all else, since I'm severely allergic to heterosexual relationships. Very interested in the competitions and such discussed earlier in the thread 👀 although I don't do great under pressure so I probably won't participate.
There is no competition, only encouragement from everyone and last minute entries because procrastination

QuilFrisson

Hey! This thread looks really interesting. I've been working on several BL novels on and off for a couple of years now, but I keep failing to finish them. (And, tbh, they're all kinda bad anyway.) I have a good feeling about my current WIP, though. It's mainly inspired by The Husky and His White Cat Shizun, and I'm hoping that being around other writers will influence me to finally finish and publish!

Thus, 1st question -- does an anthology or competition event centered on BL interest any of you?

Looks like I'm too late for the first anthology, but I'd love to join the next one. I'll do my best to follow along and comment on the current anthology when it starts updating.

2nd question, just to start a discussion or to get better acquainted with each other -- what is your BL-writer history? (Where did you first discover BL? How did you come to SH? What are your specific interests in the genre or issues that bother you?) :blob_aww:

Uh wow, oh man, I'm going to have to show my age. It was the 2000s. I didn't have a great access to the internet. For some reason, all the BL I could find was pretty depressing: Ai no Kusabi, Kaze to Ki no Uta, Tokyo Babylon. Even the Western online m/m novels had similarly dark themes: In the Company of Shadows, The Administration, and Captive Prince (yeah, I read that when it was still a free webnovel). As a teen, I liked darkness, so I didn't have a problem with it back then. Plus, before I got into BL, I read all sorts of awful bodice rippers from the 80s (and trust me, the romance genres have improved a lot since then).

At that age, the main attraction for me was how passionate and intense the BL relationships seemed to be. The entire world would be against them, but all they could see was each other, and they'd be obsessed with their love to the point of mutual destruction. Extreme highs and extreme lows. And unlike most het romances, both parties could be equally aggressive when it came to displaying their desire. It all seemed really romantic and mystical to me, back then. But when I got older -- particularly after I got into my own passionate and intense, yet humiliating and stressful relationship -- the mystique faded. For a long time, I stopped reading romances... and started bingeing self-help books instead, lol! I think I've found a good balance now.

My first Chinese BL was probably the manhua for Feng Yu Jiu Tian. While I loved the art, I didn't like the direction the story was going so I couldn't finish it. I avoided danmei for a long time until I watched Spirit Pact, which was just adorable. And then I discovered MDZS early 2019 and fell head over heels in love.

I like how there are so many varieties and flavors of BL nowadays. My favorites are the ones where the relationship inspires the main characters to be better versions of themselves and/or where the power couple ends up saving the world together. I still enjoy a touch of darkness, but mostly I enjoy the beautiful aesthetics, the supportive relationships, the funny moments, and the unapologetic use of tropes and tags. I turned to Scribblehub after I exhausted the completed "Yaoi" and "Shounen Ai" genres in Novelupdates!

Omg, I'm sorry that turned into a wall of text. Normally, I don't even talk much. :blob_facepalm: Anyway, I will probably be a lurker, but I will do my best to comment and support from the sidelines whenever I can.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Hey! This thread looks really interesting. I've been working on several BL novels on and off for a couple of years now, but I keep failing to finish them. (And, tbh, they're all kinda bad anyway.) I have a good feeling about my current WIP, though. It's mainly inspired by The Husky and His White Cat Shizun, and I'm hoping that being around other writers will influence me to finally finish and publish!

Looks like I'm too late for the first anthology, but I'd love to join the next one. I'll do my best to follow along and comment on the current anthology when it starts updating.

Uh wow, oh man, I'm going to have to show my age. It was the 2000s. I didn't have a great access to the internet. For some reason, all the BL I could find was pretty depressing: Ai no Kusabi, Kaze to Ki no Uta, Tokyo Babylon. Even the Western online m/m novels had similarly dark themes: In the Company of Shadows, The Administration, and Captive Prince (yeah, I read that when it was still a free webnovel). As a teen, I liked darkness, so I didn't have a problem with it back then. Plus, before I got into BL, I read all sorts of awful bodice rippers from the 80s (and trust me, the romance genres have improved a lot since then).

At that age, the main attraction for me was how passionate and intense the BL relationships seemed to be. The entire world would be against them, but all they could see was each other, and they'd be obsessed with their love to the point of mutual destruction. Extreme highs and extreme lows. And unlike most het romances, both parties could be equally aggressive when it came to displaying their desire. It all seemed really romantic and mystical to me, back then. But when I got older -- particularly after I got into my own passionate and intense, yet humiliating and stressful relationship -- the mystique faded. For a long time, I stopped reading romances... and started bingeing self-help books instead, lol! I think I've found a good balance now.

My first Chinese BL was probably the manhua for Feng Yu Jiu Tian. While I loved the art, I didn't like the direction the story was going so I couldn't finish it. I avoided danmei for a long time until I watched Spirit Pact, which was just adorable. And then I discovered MDZS early 2019 and fell head over heels in love.

I like how there are so many varieties and flavors of BL nowadays. My favorites are the ones where the relationship inspires the main characters to be better versions of themselves and/or where the power couple ends up saving the world together. I still enjoy a touch of darkness, but mostly I enjoy the beautiful aesthetics, the supportive relationships, the funny moments, and the unapologetic use of tropes and tags. I turned to Scribblehub after I exhausted the completed "Yaoi" and "Shounen Ai" genres in Novelupdates!

Omg, I'm sorry that turned into a wall of text. Normally, I don't even talk much. :blob_facepalm: Anyway, I will probably be a lurker, but I will do my best to comment and support from the sidelines whenever I can.
:blob_aww: A true veteran.

karenen

Hola! Muchas gracias por invitarme 😊
This idea it's interesting. I would like to join us.
A fun activity would be to create a story around the forum comments.
First, general things will be decided such as: the genre of the story, the limits of the plot, who and how many are the main characters in the story.

once we start it will be done in shifts. a person has x time to write one or two paragraphs of what he is thinking in the story and how the protagonists act as a consequence of those he wrote in the previous message.

At the end, the person who wrote the message has to label the person who wants the story to continue until we have all participated.
the story can end in disaster or be funny. at the end you can edit and correct grammar mistakes to save the story and publish it as a one shot in scrible hub. 🤣🤣🤣

p.d: alguna amiga Fujoshi que hable español también?

BL_Palace

Hola! Muchas gracias por invitarme 😊
This idea it's interesting. I would like to join us.
A fun activity would be to create a story around the forum comments.
First, general things will be decided such as: the genre of the story, the limits of the plot, who and how many are the main characters in the story.

once we start it will be done in shifts. a person has x time to write one or two paragraphs of what he is thinking in the story and how the protagonists act as a consequence of those he wrote in the previous message.

At the end, the person who wrote the message has to label the person who wants the story to continue until we have all participated.
the story can end in disaster or be funny. at the end you can edit and correct grammar mistakes to save the story and publish it as a one shot in scrible hub. 🤣🤣🤣

p.d: alguna amiga Fujoshi que hable español también?

:) don't know how this thing works but the grind never stops

:blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

So many new people came, and I didn't even notice! Sorry TT____TT.

I have to check notifications from this thread, otherwise I miss all of you because of how rarely new people come here and I have lost all hope!

But yay!! :blob_aww: Thank you all for answering, and welcome to our chat room on the forum, too.

More BL, more BL, more BL!

>_> *need to invade every forum category one of these days to gather even more BL-minded people, hmmmm*

:blob_reach:

yulianyi_

I've only recently started writing a BL novel so my knowledge in this area is still quite limited😅 Although, I've read enough bl novels to guide me through and honestly this whole Idea sound like a great plan! I would gladly join in~

Masjca

Hi Everyone,
Quick update for all of yall that are not members of the BL Palace Discord server, I have now taken over the position of the Moderator for the Official BL Palace Twitter feed, it will be going live on Friday 23rd of April 2021.
We will be serving out LOVE on a daily basis, with memes, art work, shorts, poetry, haiku's and much, much more.
If you think this sounds like fun, head on over to follow, like and retweet our stuff here https://twitter.com/BLPalace.
If you want to get in on the fun and share stuff, please DM the mods here for an invite to the server and you'll find everything you need.
Share this to your fellow BL loving friends/family/fans!!!

test-j

A dark and sinister spell, this one is...

I am summoning... EVERY BL writer from the main site!

AWAKEN, my fellow BL-ers!

@Owl @cissy_eden @jmitsitsiyo @crimson_carnation @Lost_Strings @yansusustories @Jolliapplegirl @ViviCris @Amarathia @Silvareiel @Afterdarkfish @I_Love_Cats @Waterrain @Ruyi @deathbydanmei @DogFood @luzu @RavenousAppetite @lesson101 @Leviathan @LauraSFox @tiaf @Nilphy @Nit_7_7 @BlackyRose @ars @DominiqueAd @MyLadyQueen @lazyredragon @Ginseng @FantasyDeath @Tinypandahero @upwardplane @HantaHanna @TLCsDestiny @Shellyrill @ohko @Metri26 @Lunnear @mrsimple @I_am_not_a_robot @Animestar411 @sucessor @ForeverPupa @LostinMovement @AngieOwlie @BlankBook @cecilly @KaPi @spiderlily86 @QingSe @xiaolong @thisworldofmine1 @MatchaMilk @Lon3ly @iamaducklingwriter @IshiiMichiko @RoseRogan @Ozmafia @bjwebb @Lulible @yiyuehua @Wretch @Hikaro @theflowerbed @UnattainableBlueRose @AlwaysxDreaming @Chaleuria @Elamimax @HJ @LucyPanDora @Haku @Danshi @Bunch_Munchy_Crap @Hoshiandme @kitkat2010 @Mayfire @BlaqkLotus @AutumnLeaves @5hehzada @bafflinghaze @Dekuwu321 @reika @Pandoraeh @Lukha @Xenoglossia @flowerie @namio @dandydanes @RaySizm @TruffleMashPotats @TingTang @Hoxrox @Altersaside @Aachiin0914 @skara @Ai-chan @Wesh @ShadyFamily @positiveaddictchan @Kldran @Geek_Aflame @Emiliine @RandomUser12321 @ShenTanHeng @silverkittie @Silverty @lovelymezzo @bloomone1 @wazi @nife999 @addison @Sheng_Ling @paputsza @selfsabotaged @CuddleGoblin @binarysoap @glowingreverie @Yakichou @featherquills @TrulyUnderstandablyConfused @XiaoBubbleMengXue @SerenaJones @lilGoat @WhiteMim @NotFar_YetNotClose @strawberryseason @verielle.crest @Velester @CheezyMayo @ElectronicStars @Seridy @cravingsoul @Staria @Ylle-QinMo @Infinitetree @brida96 @harukot @Polinsesi @osuoha @fujostea @This_Venerable_One @cutewinx @NefariousSage @Tomiki @TheIronTreeBlooms @Heart @BB8 @Sheepishlysleeping @Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy @KaraKuriKurari @SpitefulTofu @LingShan0218 @Ame-Tora @thirtytyrants @Fuku_Fuku @Yearafteryear @Lacrima @SoleilBlue_ @NomadicStardust @Midnight-Moon @Leverance @FaveloCzeist @TheInsaneWitch @Yuhannaxi @Luxican @FeelingsPuree @.Lance @lestragon @JustMe123456789 @XiaoNaYe @Serpham @GuangLanhua @DangerousFluffball @CeeRey_BL_Life @Gurukyuu @INUHim-SAMA @j.roro @Qwaile @shi0h @hime.quack @ThoughtsRoamGuy @Bender @MisokoFukumoto @OrchidBliss @Geoliza @Randomname @necrofficial @ScrapAuthorProducingScraps @Avatar_GenderBender @RJMidnight @xinde @LucyDarkness @Tamashitoana @cherry_boylove @LonelyAlien @aogurtt @CallMeAJ @Ozmafia @1426367856 @Blossom_From_Fear @DarkBirdo @Sphinxdroid @AdorableDumpling @malaysian_asian @AriaKang @Org @nanamisashiwa @Shin_hye @YINXUX @judeiiro @sunflower @red2angel @Zcythe @Gremory @QiangYueCaihongQYCH @Pink_Byeol @daydreambliss27 @duelsharks @iDrinkLatte @shiiro @ShiroEinzbern @calderetta @FavreMyOrange @DexterDarko @JBoston110 @The_Long_Serpent @heheawecomemana @Kalip

The reason I am summoning you? Is because I was thinking a lot about starting some kind of a BL-centered thread where we can promote each other and build a community. Due to @minacia 's recent survey poll about SH demographics, it turns out that BL is the most hated genre here on SH :blob_teary: . Therefore, we need to keep close and help each other promote ourselves, support our genre, or at least be a bit tighter as an official biggest niche community on SH ^^.

In short, I was thinking of one day starting something like an anthology event for BL shorts aka @Moonpearl 's Yuri Garden Anthology Events only for BL, obviously ^^. Short stories can promote and expand our reader and author base, so I think it might not be a bad idea? But to do that I wanted to fish for interest first -- are there enough active BL-members on this site? Do they even come to the forums? Are they interested in a genre-centered community? :blob_hmm: NUF has a BL-centric thread solely for BL discussions, and maybe we need one, too? Not sure. We'll find out ^^.

Thus, 1st question -- does an anthology or competition event centered on BL interest any of you?

2nd question, just to start a discussion or to get better acquainted with each other -- what is your BL-writer history? (Where did you first discover BL? How did you come to SH? What are your specific interests in the genre or issues that bother you?) :blob_aww:

\(*o*)/ love you all!

Edit Note: We now have a private BL room here on the SHF, so if you are a BL author and you post in this thread, you'll get an invite there!

Added a Poll for the shy ones @_@.
Explanation for the poll here:
oh ? I didnt know abt the yuri garden till now but im interested in both this and the yuri garden :blob_aww: I probably won't write but i'll definitely support the works that come from this :blobtaco: also if we're talking abt interests then one of my interests is abo(alpha/beta/omega) where the main pair is alpha/beta or omega/beta(where the omega takes charge in the relationship) or a polyam relationship with an alpha, beta, and omega (an example would be [BL] Between an Alpha and Omega ) :blob_cookie::blob_hide: also i forgot to say but I dislike mpreg :blob_no:

Last edited:

BL_Palace

oh ? I didnt know abt the yuri garden till now but im interested in both this and the yuri garden :blob_aww: I probably won't write but i'll definitely support the works that come from this :blobtaco: also if we're talking abt interests then one of my interests is abo(alpha/beta/omega) where the main pair is alpha/beta or omega/beta(where the omega takes charge in the relationship) or a polyam relationship with an alpha, beta, and omega (an example would be [BL] Between an Alpha and Omega ) :blob_cookie::blob_hide: also i forgot to say but I dislike mpreg :blob_no:
Always nice to have new supporters!^^

lukiyo_224

Hi, hi~ I looked through, and I'm not quite sure what to say, but I'm following what I've seen commented a few times already! I'm excited to join this thread, as it looks very interesting so far! I'm totally in love with romance, and the BL genre is especially brilliant.... I'm so addicted that I'm always reading or writing non-stop. ^^;;;;;; I've cleared out novelupdates, mangas, manhwas, manhuas, the works~ it's a serious addiction!

Will most likely end up lurking, since I'm not much of a talker, but thought I'd say hi first. I'll try my best to comment when I remember, I tend to just read through and forget...

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Hi, hi~ I looked through, and I'm not quite sure what to say, but I'm following what I've seen commented a few times already! I'm excited to join this thread, as it looks very interesting so far! I'm totally in love with romance, and the BL genre is especially brilliant.... I'm so addicted that I'm always reading or writing non-stop. ^^;;;;;; I've cleared out novelupdates, mangas, manhwas, manhuas, the works~ it's a serious addiction!

Will most likely end up lurking, since I'm not much of a talker, but thought I'd say hi first. I'll try my best to comment when I remember, I tend to just read through and forget...
Welcome! And don't worry, we like lurkers as well :blob_melt: