Book covers --- Artists are obsolete

what's the point of cover if it doesn't reflect what the story actually is, just eye-candy to catch attention?

also, 10$....heh, a lot of authors got their covers on waifulabs or wombo for FREE. Just saying.
there's a free trial per account and you can make as many as you want.. the 10$ just means you legally own the images.

Ninini

Has anyone tried using MidJourney to make their book covers yet? It's 10$ for 200 images and you own all of them. Here's a few I made and found..

there are more but the thread wouldn't end..
Tentacles

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
How the Hell did you get access to my vacation photos?

So like, that was a shot of home, then that was my cousin Jim.

We went to a theme park and you can see the spawn playing on the rides.

Then some asshole astrally projected into the shot. I mean, its a theme park. Watch where you are projecting, dude.

Here we see some shots after we put the spawn to slumber. We went to the planes of resplendent agonies. Not a place you bring the offspring, if you know what I mean.

The ruler of the third plane let us take a selfie with him. We are those two tiny pixels on the bottom right.
Then we got lost and the mrs made me ask for directions. Here we have some very nice angels we totally did not devour after they told us how to get back to the main continuum.

Seriously, where did you get these?

Last edited:

FernGilly

I don't see AI replacing all artists. The designs here are impressive but not distinctive or marketable; they leave zero impressions on the viewer; a good cover will require not only a pretty background but days of back and forth, typesetting, and, as someone else mentioned, style. With how cheap it is to get an AI to do covers now, I am all for suggesting a flat-out ban on stolen art for covers. If we're allowing bot-generated art on the platform, we should not be letting people slap their favorite anime character on the cover or steal stuff from DeviantArt. Use waifulabs or something if you're desperate for a girl to bait people into your 934th straight book with a male MC.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
This one is free. You get 5 credits per day, and you can get more by sharing your creations, liking other creations, etc. Personally, I'm logging in every day and saving up credits for when they release better algorithms, though I might play with the stability algorithm a bit more when I find time:

I don't just want a cover, I want illustrations for all my chapters, and the characters have to look right in complex poses, so AI is still not quite ready to do what I need it to do.

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
These are pretty cool, but I prefer the custom touch of working with my artists. Wouldn't get the precise artistry.

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
This one is free. You get 5 credits per day, and you can get more by sharing your creations, liking other creations, etc. Personally, I'm logging in every day and saving up credits for when they release better algorithms, though I might play with the stability algorithm a bit more when I find time:

I don't just want a cover, I want illustrations for all my chapters, and the characters have to look right in complex poses, so AI is still not quite ready to do what I need it to do.
Thank you very much. I got shot down by an artist because the book was BL, and was wondering what I was going to do. Then I checked out night cafe, and came up with this:
book cover.jpg

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I can see how this would affect artists in the future.

Either they use AI to work faster and profit

Or

Sauce.
I can see the prices for nsfw art increasing. Time to take nsfw furry commissions.

Silbern

Artists could be made obsolete if the standards and the financial gains for producing art were so high that people stopped creating it. But this isn’t the case at the moment. Artists still make good money and are still rewarded for what they do. People are always going to be drawn to great art.

An AI can be programmed to produce an exact copy of an image that has been stored in the database, but it cannot create a masterpiece. They will need many more years to develop the same level of creativity as us.

I think it is highly unlikely, that an AI would be able to produce art that would stand the test of time, like Rembrandt or Van Gogh, or even Picasso.

Jayrayme6

one day AI will be able to generate prose, any story you could imagine, and authors will be obsolete too :sweating_profusely:
For now AI is too incoherent to write anything without human involvement, it goes all over the place.

Ninini

The difference between AI is it doesn’t have art style (I can’t add emotion to the word style, but imagin me drawing it out and scrunching up my eyes) while human can devolped one. A AI can get the major points, but the smaller details and other features a artist like to draw In their own way isn’t picked up as much with AI

With me I love drawing eyes, in unique style. While AI goes with it preprogram creation, it can’t mend and stitch seamlessly two different art system together. Example: Me drawing hyper realistic eyes all over on a cartoon