Boy x Girl, Girl x Girl, or Boy x Boy?

Which sub-genre of romance do you like? (you can vote more than once)

• Total voters

AryaX

I prefer MtF main characters, and if there is some "romance" then, I prefer it with a girl... I guess...

I am not sure if I really care much for romance though...

I can't see any appeal in FtM or Boy x Boy...

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
*tilts head*
I am going to regret this, but.

What is MtF? Is it gender bender? Male to female?
Aye, Male to Female.

No clue why there are no options with MtF x Male and FtM x Male though.

Mephi

I want this:

FtM x M
x XX x
F x MtF

Basically, everyone conneccted to everyone else. Bonus points if its a fantasy adventurer party with a tank, scout, healer, mage too.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
However, NU slowly began to dump more and more MxM stories to which ScribbleHub wouldn't escape its own fate of having more MxM in the near future so by sometime passes, there will be more MxM than MxF or FxF.

I actually did a bit of checking with the series finder, and 90% (or more) of the Boy's love came from a single market (Chinese).

So SH might actually be spared from being overrun, though series filters are a must anyway.

As a side note, the dominant market for Girl's love is Japanese.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I used to not care much, besides not having any interest in BL main couples (not that I read a lot of dedicated romance stuff), at least with books (not that there was a lot of BL or GL in mainstream books).
With manga (and anime), I've always sort of had a thing for GB in general (with the occasional GB-GL). More recently, I've really taken a liking to GL manga (GB or not). On the off-brand side of manga and anime, GL with extra equipment has been fascinating for a long time.

Now, since I came to SH, I've sort of shifted to mostly GL, with only a few stories with MxF pairings I still read.
Recently, I have a hard time even getting interested in stories with male protagonists, while GL is almost an auto-include on my ever-growing list of stuff to read one day.
Still very much no interest in BL as main couples, though I don't mind them for supporting cast (gotta find a place for all the males anyway).
Why are you me.

SootShade

Without the involvement of gender bender, I prefer a straight romance, but
No clue why there are no options with MtF x Male and FtM x Male though.
Indeed. I have no doubt that I'm in the minority on this, but I find the first of those to be by far the most interesting.

I don't mind GL, and I could probably tolerate BL as long as it doesn't get sexual, since I just really like romance, but neither really interests in terms of the relationship dynamics.

sofiwrites

I normally only read lesbian stuff, and I write it too. As a side not to what people said earlier, it seems that trans and gender bender content (which is what I write) seems to have its base in anglophone countries. Almost 90% of my traffic comes from the US, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand.