Writing Prompt Brainstorming ideas for future and new stories.

LilTV1155

Brainstorming ideas for future and new stories. Throw in your lists just for fun.

Setting
Protagonist Type
Protagonist Job, Race
Ethic (Theme or Motifs)

Plot Summary - 3 lines
Challenge - 1 sentence, 10 words
Style / Inspiration from - (Fanfictions are to be excluded)
-
Ideas in Bullet points (Details can be added, but only in Unordered Bullet Points up 5 - 10 Max )
- - -
Comments about others' ideas and tips on adding details to whatever
-
Does not count as walking spoilers. Cause creators have the rights to change and flip everything, so yah!

Last edited:

Aoi_Sora

Setting - One Room
Protagonist Type - A Loli
Protagonist Job: Slave
Plot Summary - Mei, a 9 years old, got sold by her parents to a human trafficker with a promise of taking her back when she turn 10 years old. She was put inside a box and was only allowed to get out in order to "entertain" her owner and/or his friends. What fate will she face and the trials that will make her life miserable?

Edit: I feel so disgusted but I will have to remind you that such story existed.

Last edited:

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Setting: Apocalypse to modern
Protag Type: Wary, Cautious and Mature, Shota
Protag JobS: Survivor/Healer
Race: Human
Ethic: Can easily kill humans, Understands how apocalpse treats people, Gender Equalist, Prefers to Finish Objectives in a swift Manner, Doesn't hestitate to Finish Objectives Faster, Quickly Remove Past Grievances.
Plot Summary: Survivor Boy Sent to the past and end the apocalpse.
Plot Idea: Manga about a guy who gets send to the past and stop the apocalpse from happening.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Setting: in a world where one half is xianxia and the other half is JP/western fantasy.
Protagonist: Former college student, now the arrogant young master of that one clan at the start of the xianxia protagonist's novel that treats him like dogshit. Bloodline of a dragon that makes him invincible to anyone below his realm, but makes him powerless to anyone above. He lives in the Xianxia equivalent of Germany after the first world war.

Ethic: Bullshits a lot about cultivation and "enlightenment" so the clan won't be worried about the sudden personality change of their young master.He's obviously somewhat naive, though he can kill people without feeling anything which he worries about. His goal is just to make a living by exercising capitalism in a xianxia world.

Plot summary: Guy goes to a library, falls asleep and now he's in a Xianxia world. He ends up as a wallet- I mean friend of some Xianxia protagonists. His sister, an average xianxia protag version 3.0, a perverted immortal 17(add a few million) year old loli who he found in a trash bin. and the kleptomaniac descendant of said immortal. Shenanigans ensue

Challenge: Survive and spread capitalism.

Plot idea: No, this is not just Xianxia Konosuba, I swear, even if the immortal's hair is blue and is somewhat useless. The MC is meant to be a hard counter to Xianxia protags who do crossing-realm bullshittery while still having to avoid the old dudes. The plot idea is obviously for a meta-comedy

Last edited:

JM_Webb

Paladin "Enthusiast"
Setting: Generic Fantasy world
Protag: A stick figure who has been isekai'd into the world and has to avoid revealing he is a stick figure at all costs. Possibly a paladin, IDK.
Protag type: A concerned stickfigure?
Plot summary: Isekai'd, drama, solves it?

Inspo: IDK? I think it would be hilarious to make it completely non-comedy. Just go full Brandon Sanderson with it.

Spilled_Soup

Setting - One Room
Protagonist Type - A Loli
Protagonist Job: Slave
Plot Summary - Mei, a 9 years old, got sold by her parents to a human trafficker with a promise of taking her back when she turn 10 years old. She was put inside a box and was only allowed to get out in order to "entertain" her owner and/or his friends. What fate will she face and the trials that will make her life miserable?

Edit: I feel so disgusted but I will have to remind you that such story existed.
The loli fans on this site need to be questioned jfc

Anonimu

Setting: Varied (Starts in modern earth)
Protag: a young man of about 18 years old.
Protagonist job: Laboratory subject
Plot summary: Tortured for years in a strange place with terrifying creatures, the protagonist finds a way to escape that facility in search of a normal life... Only to end up finding something entirely different than what he thought.
Inspiration: i've been reading some SCP.

LilTV1155

Plot idea: No, this is not just Xianxia Konosuba, I swear, even if the immortal's hair is blue and is somewhat useless. The MC is meant to be a hard counter to Xianxia protags who do crossing-realm bullshittery while still having to avoid the old dudes. The plot idea is obviously for a meta-comedy
What is meta-comedy? Does your MC Character's OP bloodline get any Side Effects or Limitation Cap aside from having dysfunctional friends?
Interesting story concept. But I feel really sad that such story exist in fictional and real life.
And there's an issue that will come with this story. Will there be warnings included in it?
Will the details be implicit or explicit, if explicit how much would you include as graphically disturbing contents?

Last edited:

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
What is meta-comedy?
Going back to this thread, wtf I didn't see that it says 3 lines only, guess i'mma redo that. A meta-comedy/meta humor is basically a fiction that pokes fun at itself and usually other similar stories in the genre.

LilTV1155

Going back to this thread, wtf I didn't see that it says 3 lines only, guess i'mma redo that. A meta-comedy/meta humor is basically a fiction that pokes fun at itself and usually other similar stories in the genre.
Thanks. Since there's a confusion about Ethnic to Ethic. I will change to word to Theme /Motif instead. Those words just meant one thing, your concept that drive the entire story.

Spilled_Soup

Title - To raise a Demon Lord by Spilled Soup

Setting - Demon realm

Protagonist Type - Overprotective Single Demon Mother

Protagonist Job - Raise her son to be the next Demon Lord. He's a 3yr toddler.

Race - A 5'7" female Demon in her early 30s. She looks like a plump, brown haired human with olive skin and hazel eyes. And she often wears a dark blue apron that can barely contain her huge, but proportional tits. However, the long onxy horns on her forehead, sweeping back into her hair, reveal that she is not human.

Plot Summary - After the prophesied hero slayed the demon lord, a power vacuum opened in the demon realm. With her foolish childhood lover slain in training, before he could reach the battlefield, Shara stakes an oath on her very soul; that her son would not walk his father's path. He's destined for something far greater, even if she has to break through an army to place him there.

Challenge - Place her son on the Demon Lords throne, to do that she'll have to show the demon tribes who's boss.

Style / Inspiration from - Ethan Aurelius, the greatest janitor who walks the path of the Hollow King.
  • She doesn't have his exact powers, but her awareness comedically rivals his own due to her protective personality.

I came up with this concept after wanting to dabble with gender roles. The idea of a super housewife who is extremely nuturing and badass, that she'll put the toughest of demons six feet under lol. This would be written with a comedic undertone, but have alot of parts with high tension. I didn't want to put this online lol. It's one of the many ideas I have. One of my favorites as well, but eh whatever.

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
Stop trying to steal my ideas!!! Never!

*runs away crying.*

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Title: Re-Tard
Setting: sci-fi
Protagonist: retarded teen
Job: military academy student
Race: human
Plot: The human race had conquered most of the galaxy before an alien threat pushed them back. Now mankind is in a constant deadlocked war with aliens. Because resources are extremely scarce only the most accomplished soldiers and military officers are allowed to breed. Our hero is the son of a particularly decorated couple, so he has been allowed into the officer's academy despite being mentally handicapped, on the off chance he is an idiot savant. Seeing his predicament, god gives him the power to redo his school life each time he fails one of his exams, letting him accumulate so much knowledge he can pass for an idiot savant and with a lot of hard work, become a functioning officer in the galactic military.
Challenge: Pass the officer's exam and become an officer in the military.

Akivien

Setting: Generic Fantasy world
Protag: A stick figure who has been isekai'd into the world and has to avoid revealing he is a stick figure at all costs. Possibly a paladin, IDK.
Protag type: A concerned stickfigure?
Plot summary: Isekai'd, drama, solves it?

Inspo: IDK? I think it would be hilarious to make it completely non-comedy. Just go full Brandon Sanderson with it.

After slaying the evil dragon, the mysterious paladin was to be awarded by the great emperor reinhard, as he walked toward the throne, knelt on one knee, the king shouted in a loud voice:
"Henceforth you are to be granted a noble title of a marquise, one of my children as your partner, i will grant you the liberty to choose your own surname"

"Oh, then i shall be called sticku the stickman, and my decendents will bear the name of stickman."

"Ooooooh, how expected of the mysterious paladin, here the name appears simple but it does reference to the greatest scholar vinvu and his poem"

"Yes yes, the verse 4 precisely, he says " o the sticku-a-man sticku to thy honor, sticku to thy loyality, sticku to thy promises."

"Such a loyal paladin"

Clap clap clap !!!!

Armored99

Harem-phobic
Setting: Wild West where Indian's don't exist, but their monsters do.
Protagonist Type: absent-minded
Protagonist Job: Telegraphist
Ethic: Tragedy

Plot Summary - 3 lines
Typically, he processes messages for the telegraph without even paying attention to the contents of them. One day during the monotony of his work however, on a rare occasion he reads one of the incoming messages. To his confusion what he's written down is utterly deranged and confounding. Before can fully understand it, the telegraph begins beeping again as it receives one last sentence. "We are Here."

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
I am currently brainstorming for my try at an Iseka. Don't have names or much for it.

Setting: Another world fantasy (Thinking of doing it less modern than the one I have atm.)
Protagonist Type: Weak-minded, frail, suicidal, not the naïve kind~
Protagonist Job, Race: Human, Priestess
Ethic: Tragic, Romance, Adventure

Plot Summary:
Undecided name wants nothing else to do with her world. Thus, she throws herself out of a building. Instead of peace, she finds herself in a new world surrounded by demons. Worst yet, one wants to marry her to prove to the world he conquered her. *She is the being that is supposed to bring his terror to an end.*
Challenge: The demon king wants to marry her, but she only wants to die.
Style: FP
Inspiration: I saw one too many truck-san isekas. Never seen one with self-harm, so I want to make my own.~

I hope I answered this right. lol. :blob_aww:

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Setting: An endless dreamscape
Protagonist: 21 yo male
Role: To get the hell out and wake up
Plot Summary: The guy wakes up from a dream to realize he is in a new world every time (not realizing he is still in a dream). Every dream starts out nice at first then turns into a nightmare where he either 'wakes up' on his own or is forced to wake up via death. Genres? Any shit you can think of, but mostly ending with a tragedy tag.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Setting - a weird room that constantly shifts in design, actually the purgatory
Protagonist Type - inquisite, open to new ideas, not judgemental, likes to explore.
Protagonist Job, Race: human/ghost, judged one.
Ethic (Theme or Motifs): seeking out truth, can be very trippy and religious or philosophical.

Plot Summary - main character dies, is judged by God, currently in a limbo.
Challenge - write it without any real world religious references
Bullet points:
1) God is not shown as a human. Rather, it's a larger-than-life benevolent entity that takes on a human form a few times but every time its clear that its a very alien being.from.the way it acts or speaks
2) the "room", the purgatory, is not restricted by size, or theme. It can be a loft one moment, turn into a grassy ain the next, become the surface of the ocean the next, turn upside-down or at an angle or shift. Time doesn't have to be linear there either.
3) the identity of the protagonist is left unattended or unaddressed.
4) the morality of God is weird and alien, its way of looking at things is very grand and the reader must struggle to catch up and understand where things are going with the judgement

Generik0

Setting: Generic Xianxia World

Protagonist Type: Willing, Good-Willed, Weak

Protagonist Job: Cultivator

Theme: Connections and Reincarnation

Plot Summary: The protagonist's Loved one dies of natural causes. He believed that reincarnation existed until he found the world is incomplete. He becomes powerful to finish the reincarnation cycle before the collapse of the realm that holds all souls. With only the help of a book that would give him power. Something that requires effort, trial and error, and massive willpower.

Challenge: Finish The Reincarnation Cycle.

Last edited:

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Title: The First Nightsider

Setting: Nightside(A shadow-world of Earth with the Supercontinent Pangea as the main landmass)

Protagonist Type: Trans Girl(Biologically female in Nightside)

Protagonist Jobs: Nightsider(One who has abandoned Dayside in favor of Nightside), Night-Dreamer(Sort of a Summoner Class, but the summons are uniquely "Dreamed Up" each time.)

Protagonist Race: Felinoid(Catgirl)

Ethic: Eehhhh, Dunno. Self discovery by abandoning reality and gaining a body she's happy in?

Plot Summary:
One day in the mid Twenty First century humanity entered a shared dream-realm within the shadow of their own world when they slept. Within that world they could gain fantastical powers based on the day by bringing things from reality into the shadow, or upon the night by dreaming. But they were given a warning by that world's system that they had one year to prepare for invasions from other worlds within Nightside.

Challenge: Reach the top and build relations with the other worlds.

Inspiration: Mmmm, kinda isekai kinda world invasion novel? Like a hybrid thing?