BRAVELY DEFAULT 2: THE BRAVEBEARER'S METTLE [FINISHED]

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft

Bravely Default 2 is a masterpiece and undeniably a sequel that defies expectations and goes far beyond what it has done thus far. And, despite the easy to acclimate system, encroaching capability, the foretelling beauty, and its charming battle system, I am as insane as said to say that this sequel has put me in a state of awe at such a display it has given despite the minor flaws that hinder some of the immersions.

From start to finish, I never felt disinterested, nor did I have the tiniest desire to pause and complain about any of the game's features. With a single-minded focus, I focused on immersing myself in the story and completely annihilating enemies with the power of the asterisks known as Freelancer—body slam—and Monk—pressure point—while mastering the majority of the asterisks and equipping passive skills that made this game a lot easier.

While I must admit that the English dub is initially awkward, once you get used to it, it really sticks with you and you begin to love it. While the voice acting isn't as polished as in previous installments, I'm fine with it. And, of course, the characters in this game share similarity with the prequels, but some of them are distinct in their own right—the lores, developments, and characteristics—they truly come across as genuine humans with a reason we all happen to value from time to time.

Not only that, but the landscape and scenery are so beautiful that you can't help but feel at ease when you look at them. The way they are drawn is detailed, and with the OSTs blaring in the background, you feel right at home in every city and dungeon you try to find. The OSTs were also improved, and it really sets the mood in each location. While the repetition may get to you at times, remember that this is how RPGs are usually played, and you just have to get used to hearing the same music play. Furthermore, if you don't like the OST audio, you can turn it off.

With such a large and open world, you can saunter around and through various climates and seasons, as well as look for various monsters, terrains, and much more! Does the change of day and night add to the immersion? Is the card minigames compelling and addicting? They do and I adore it!

The battle system is really just what you call unique and plays itself in a way where strategy is required and failure to follow through on a plan can lead to misery and a difficult fight against various foes that come in your way. The battle system is called "Default," which sounds very complicated, but it's really just a simple but interesting system that changes the entire game. In such cases, if you want to learn more about the battle system, you should play the game right now. I wholeheartedly recommend it! I assure you that it will not be a waste of time.

But, why am I telling you this? What you should know is that I strongly recommend this to any mediocre players who enjoy RPG and Turn-Based games. And I'll be uploading videos about the bosses, bad ending, and true ending, so as once again!
THANK YOU FOR READING!​

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Nab dude the game sucks. A huge step back from the original in every way. Its super easy to get an OP strat and just steamroll everything, which while fun, kills the later portions of the game. Plus post game content is basically nonexistent which leaves the lv15 classes and superweapons feeling pointless. But worst of all the story and dialog is a huge downgrade, with probably the worst writing in the series.

Motsu

Nab dude the game sucks. A huge step back from the original in every way.
Wdym from the original? There are two prequels and this is the sequel not a remake so i dunno what's 'from the original' mean. btw also calm down, we got our own opinions.

Its super easy to get an OP strat and just steamroll everything, which while fun, kills the later portions of the game.
Huh? Unless you're playing on easy mode then yeah, but that doesn't apply on everything especially the mini bosses. Also, there's literally no OP strat because every enemies are different and distinct.

Plus post game content is basically nonexistent which leaves the lv15 classes and superweapons feeling pointless. But worst of all the story and dialog is a huge downgrade, with probably the worst writing in the series.
Post game? lv15 classes? Superweapons? Worst story and dialogue? Hold up. We're not playing the same game, are we? ...You must be trolling, that's it.

Unless you know you've played the game, you should realize that a post game CANNOT exist. Why did you think a New Game+ exist?

Lv15 classes? Huh? It's only Lv11 to Lv13 when awakened. (My bad. Went and fact checked it) What are superweapons? For someone talking about OP strats you really care so much about these weapons. 🤣

Worst story and dialogue? Exactly on what basis did you happen to think of it? It is an improvement of the prequels.

Git gud. 💀

Last edited:

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Wdym from the original? There are two prequels and this is the sequel not a remake so i dunno what's 'from the original' mean. btw also calm down, we got our own opinions.

Huh? Unless you're playing on easy mode then yeah, but that doesn't apply on everything especially the mini bosses. Also, there's literally no OP strat because every enemies are different and distinct.

Post game? lv15 classes? Superweapons? Worst story and dialogue? Hold up. We're not playing the same game, are we? ...You must be trolling, that's it.

Unless you know you've played the game, you should realize that a post game CANNOT exist. Why did you think a New Game+ exist?

Lv15 classes? Huh? It's only Lv11 to Lv13 when awakened. What are superweapons? For someone talking about OP strats you really care so much about these weapons. 🤣

Worst story and dialogue? Exactly on what basis did you happen to think of it? It is an improvement of the prequels.

Git gud. 💀
All wrong lol

loppol

While I agree that it is an amazing game I have poured over 100 hours into. I’m gonna have to agree with him on this part, if you know what you are doing, you can absolutely cheese the game even in the hardest difficulties.

Everything else that he said though I think is wrong, the story and dialogue is great. The classes and variety is amazing.

Great opinion/review btw!

Motsu

All wrong lol
💀 Thanks for your opinion, you really like talking without explaining everything and asserting what you think without respecting others' opinion.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
💀 Thanks for your opinion, you really like talking without explaining everything and asseting what you think without respecting others' opinion.
You are even wrong about the technical details. 15 is the max job level
Look it up

Motsu

Oh lol u edited out the shit you got wrong
My bad I am admitting I am wrong on some parts of my statement by editing it. 🤡

if you're gonna derail topics not part of this thread then stop putting fuel to the fire. People make mistakes and I just wanted to make it clear. If you got angry because of it then cry about it.