Bravely Second: End Layer [FINISHED] (w/ BOSS BATTLE VIDEO)

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
It is of my great apology to say sorry to the Atelier series, 9nine series, and other visual novels I've never played! It is inside of me, a raging fire - yes, I want to continue the Bravely Series no matter what, even at the greater cost of losing time and losing sleep! I've come to beat this HOLY JRPG as I am the JRPG god and was born to conquer every JRPG aside from Final Fantasy (give me the motivation to play this one) so that I'll become the best.

As you can see, I've already played over 60+ J/RPG's and 40+ VN's (I'll add it for no reason)! All series from beautifully sinister to old-school graphics and opposite-wise. It was as of yet I became undefeated when I took realm to play since I was a child. So be it, my precious time, Bravely Second - it is time you pay the price of the time I'll waste on you!

Screenshot 2021-04-30 182105.png

Moreover, I'd like to edit my Bravely Default videos so I can upload them on youtube and finish my work before the deadline or I'll get MRGRGR'd the F out!

Motsu

It seems everyone doesn't have to play Bravely Second anymore because I already did!

The expectations that Bravely Default fueled me have never the least wavered even after Bravely Second. Bravely Default and Bravely Second were two of the games I devotedly played for the last twelve days... little sleep and waking up in the early morning just to come back and continue the journey.

And now, with OT, BD, and BS finished, I'll write my review to BS below!

Screenshot 2021-05-02 223508.png

Bravely Second has one of the best combat mechanics that has been greatly improved because of the Final Fantasy jobs while showing the truest form of strategy. Grinding for EXP becomes the unnecessary, but grinding for JP isn't! Minute by minute, you do chain battles to get a lot of JP to gain better support skills and skills that'll help you become victorious by the power of strategy. Aside from grinding, if you've played BD, you'd notice that most of the jobs in BS that were once in BD have been nerfed - some have disappeared yet their skills have been scattered to new jobs - and some have vanished entirely.

Moreover, the Monk/Dark Knight doesn't work anymore because of how the game itself has been nerfed to the level where grinding's easier, manipulative encounter rate/difficulty become relevant, and magic is super important. Also, HP bangles have disappeared yet we do have Life Ring (although, really useless and can be found in the last dungeon) and if you want to use that combo, you'd have to be level 99 to get 100,000 health (+HP 20%, Monk job, and Life Ring)... which is irrelevant because the final boss on Hard Mode can be defeated in Level 70+ (I was already level 91 before I knew it because I was grinding for the Chain Spell.)

In Bravely Second, magic is actually more useful than physical because you can immediately deal 9999 damage with the right setup like Black Mage/[Job of your Choice] w/ Group Cast All (Black Mage) and Spellcraft (Wizard) and do [insert Highest Magical Skill you have] + Hammer and expect big damage... although do mind, Hammer turns magic into physical, so if an enemy can absorb physical or have the highest P.DEF, then switch to Needle.

Bravely Second has been one of the smoothest UI, and down-to-earth easiest gameplay than Bravely Default and Bravely Default II (never played it, but I can tell it's actually pretty hard because of the weight mechanic). It was like comparing Valkyria Chronicles 3 (the hardest) to Valkyria Chronicles 2 (the easiest). If you tell me, I'd probably say that BD and BS are better than some of the modern JRPG these days.

Regardless of the difficulty, the last boss, the Seven Deadly Sins, and the Ba'al encounters are pretty tricky and require retries in order to beat. The last boss was definitely impossible without either using Bravely Second and Elixirs... well, who would have thought I'd have to use Bravely Second? Hmm... oh well, it proves that I went head-on without any careful preparation.

It is depressing to see that Ringabel is working on an organization and Agnes is busy with her church prayers... I really want to play them both and have the four of them reunited! Especially in the Vampire Castle... Ringabel was spamming special moves until Edea told him to shut up was so hilarious.

Lastly, I'd want to say that Bravely Second comes off as a 9/10 for me. To be honest, even though there were a lot of nerfs and improvements they had to work on, the New Game+ and Ending moment actually caught me off-guard... that's why I'll make it an equal like BD.

(Agnes Arrior... wow, sounds nice.)
Screenshot 2021-05-02 222933.png

(ah yes, two protagonists getting their love while Edea and Ringabel are still MGRGR!)
Screenshot 2021-05-02 223151.png

Literally, when I was still in Chapter 3, I couldn't believe that I could reach three to five digits with the grinding without the Growth and Golden Egg. This chain battle is broken... well, it's not like grinding is pretty important anyway.

...I guess this is it. I'll be editing on BD and BS's boss battles now... I hope I won't procrastinate tomorrow.

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN COMPLETED!

Motsu

FINAL BOSS BATTLE: (oop took too long and still processing... lemme edit a few parts)

Last edited: