Resolved Bug or feature? question on bookmark updates in author stats

Yati

I noticed since I no longer share my reading list that bookmarks are no longer updated on the stats list of the story in question.

It appears in their stats list when you first add it, but any further updates to what you bookmark don't.

I am not sure if this was intended since the name does appear in the list when you add it. Personally, I do not mind an author seeing that I am reading their story. I just don't want people to have an easy-to-find list of everything that I am reading and everything I have read...

My settings

1647601155313.png

Example in my reading list. Clearly bookmarked at the last chapter
1647601324455.png

But in the author's stats it did not update:

1647601360074.png

When I add a story to my reading list, it does enter the list as 1/**.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I noticed since I no longer share my reading list that bookmarks are no longer updated on the stats list of the story in question.

It appears in their stats list when you first add it, but any further updates to what you bookmark don't.

I am not sure if this was intended since the name does appear in the list when you add it. Personally, I do not mind an author seeing that I am reading their story. I just don't want people to have an easy-to-find list of everything that I am reading and everything I have read...

My settings

View attachment 13076

View attachment 13078

View attachment 13079

It just may be because you have chosen to hide your reading list from the public.

EDIT: I think that there might have been some offsets in the process, so probably not an intended feature(?) but probably not a bug, either. Well, I'd think of it as a bug, though.

Last edited:

Yati

It just may be because you have chosen to hide your reading list from the public.

EDIT: I think that there might have been some offsets in the process, so probably not an intended feature(?) but probably not a bug, either. Well, I'd think of it as a bug, though.
My idea on the matter is, it should either not appear in the list at all, or it should update when bookmarking...
I would prefer if the bookmarks update in the author's list though. Because seeing that people read your story can motivate.

Tony

Staff member

My settings

View attachment 13076

View attachment 13078

View attachment 13079

Hello, this is intended. It's suppose to hide it when you add it too as long as you added it to a reading list which was hidden. I just tested it and it seems to hide it properly.

Yati

Hello, this is intended. It's suppose to hide it when you add it too as long as you added it to a reading list which was hidden. I just tested it and it seems to hide it properly.
I was thinking I was seeing things that were not there, so I just removed readded a story to a hidden list (all my lists are hidden) and it shows up in their list as. further bookmark updates won't show.
1647732209152.png