But League players are so...

Wintertime

King of Nothing
Shout out to the teammates that threw this game for me. You guys deserve a special place in hell.
Rant post, sorry. Does anyone play League? What're your thoughts on the game. You think game is going in good direction or bad?

Attachments

• Screenshot_10.png
    Screenshot_10.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 177

GodofWest

I play, altho I am a rookie. It's a fun game when you play with friend's but godawful when it's solo. I feel like the banter about the enemy team and the current situation status of your lane just makes it that much more fun to talk about during a game.

tersjasz

"9x report Yi pls" And I was the Yi player 😎

Great game if you have the right attitude. Had some really fun times in it. Whenever your teammate instalocked master yi, trynda or jax, picked soraka/sona mid, stole your blue with blitz/tahm, annoyed you with anivia or did some other stupid shit that pretty much guarantees the team's loss - that guy could've been me.

As hardcore shitposters, me and my friends actually really enjoyed the toxic community, shit talking the enemy in the chat, doing stuff just for laughs. I got permabanned two times, so yeah I was the cancerous part of league's community. Never really took games seriously and for some reason, I just don't care about winning but with a "do stupid shit for fun attitude" me and my friends had the game was really nice and I have some funny memories of it. :blob_sir:

Started at season 1, dropped out at season 3, then came back for a bit in season 7 and once again dropped out after some time. Been playing TFT with my friend it got released tho.

JustHANO

People get away with being toxic to much for me to play seriously anymore. I wasn't that good anyways, but the simple fact that i can be a smartass toxic asshole in chat and never get chat restricted for like 6 seasons just shows they don't care. It's all fun and games until you're trying to not be an asshole and there some asshole on your team, then you see how others feel when you do it. Now that im not mentally a kid anymore, i can't be toxic and every match im the guy trying to enjoy the game while someones an asshole, its real frustrating.

Wintertime

King of Nothing
People get away with being toxic to much for me to play seriously anymore. I wasn't that good anyways, but the simple fact that i can be a smartass toxic asshole in chat and never get chat restricted for like 6 seasons just shows they don't care. It's all fun and games until you're trying to not be an asshole and there some asshole on your team, then you see how others feel when you do it. Now that im not mentally a kid anymore, i can't be toxic and every match im the guy trying to enjoy the game while someones an asshole, its real frustrating.

I usually don't have qualms with people that are toxic, nor do I rarely talk in chat. What ticks me off is that when people blame me (as if I'm the one who is doing bad) and not them when they make a terrible mistake. What makes it even more hilarious is that they don't have enough game experience to even see the bigger picture. So, they just get extra defensive when I tell them to do something very simple.

I believe toxic players are just a given in a competitive game, but I think the real issue isn't the toxic players; 90% of high elo/pro players have been toxic or haven't maintained good honor rating. Only a very few can do so, just by the design of the game itself. The thing I think League is struggling with is just players who don't care. But, at the same time are also toxic. That's the worst.

Because what's the point?

Llamadragon

I played it for about a month quite a few years back until the toxic attitudes became too expensive for the worth. Like ok it was kind of funny in the beginning, but being cussed at non-stop by people who I'm trying to cooperate with? I don't get why anybody wants to do that, game after game after game.

I'm leaning more towards games like Undaunted. Co-op play... no chat.

Wintertime

King of Nothing
I played it for about a month quite a few years back until the toxic attitudes became too expensive for the worth. Like ok it was kind of funny in the beginning, but being cussed at non-stop by people who I'm trying to cooperate with? I don't get why anybody wants to do that, game after game after game.

I'm leaning more towards games like Undaunted. Co-op play... no chat.

Fair enough.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Shout out to the teammates that threw this game for me. You guys deserve a special place in hell.
Rant post, sorry. Does anyone play League? What're your thoughts on the game. You think game is going in good direction or bad?
Fun if you have thick skin and can ignore the trolls. More fun if you have non-toxic friends that can play with you. Playing any online team game is like a roll of a dice, sometimes it's fun sometimes it's hell.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I don't play League but the online games I play have their share of toxicity.

Try playing on foreign servers where they speak other languages.

There's something hilarious about being shouted on Arabian players with three figure pings.

Hallow_Cause

I used to play a few years ago, but I remember ranked solo queue was very stressful... Well, ranked is very stressful in general...

I only ever played when I had someone to play with or when urf, hexa, or other game modes were out...

Drevart

Well for me... League is just a place to have fun. I play like 1 game in a week or something like that. But the community there can be pretty disappointing. League's lore is great though