Can everyone make a series?

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
To clarify a bit, I’m essentially asking if I could write a one shot/short story/series of short stories and post it on ScribbleHub and what rules/regulations there are behind doing so.
I haven’t seen any specific rules displayed anywhere in regards to creating a series myself (beyond what’s there when you go to ‘create series’).

I’ve got some ideas written down and I’m interested in making them into one shots or short stories.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
I don't think there's anything wrong. Some people have a bunch of one-shots and post them as an anthology here in SH. Just remember to write in the synopsis/description that it's a collection rather than a novella.

DalangTala

ℳᴇʀᴇ ℋᴜᴍᴀɴ
You can write whatever. Just be sure to turn on content warnings if your story has any of the three listed:
  • Gore
  • Sexual Content
  • Profane Language (?)
Something along those.

Ninetailed_Furball

As long as it's not too offensive to the general audience, do what you want, I'd say. Content warnings are very important just in case, though be very careful about certain subjects (rape in particular, I'd say).

MrTiemos

I don't think there's anything wrong. Some people have a bunch of one-shots and post them as an anthology here in SH. Just remember to write in the synopsis/description that it's a collection rather than a novella.
You can write whatever. Just be sure to turn on content warnings if your story has any of the three listed:
  • Gore
  • Sexual Content
  • Profane Language (?)
Something along those.
As long as it's not too offensive to the general audience, do what you want, I'd say. Content warnings are very important just in case, though be very careful about certain subjects (rape in particular, I'd say).

From the gist of it, the regulations consist of content warning/ratings like what is displayed on the ‘Add Series’ section. As for @Ninetailed_Furball, I’ll take good note of that as I do have a couple of ideas where rape/sexual assault is part of the story by adding a warning in the synopsis and in chapters that involve/discuss it directly. Of course I imagine not everyone is going to be pleased as it’s a sensitive topic, but then it’s just not the story for them.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
A warning at the start of a chapter also helps. If there's gore, violence, rape, etc., It would be great to be forewarned about it.

MrTiemos

A warning at the start of a chapter also helps. If there's gore, violence, rape, etc., It would be great to be forewarned about it.
I’ll make sure it’s as visible as possible LIKE THIS for example.

Ninetailed_Furball

There's a few simple tags you can use in the editor when posting a chapter. Just use the announcement or author's notes one at the beginning if you feel you especially need some sort of content warning.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
you can also start the chapter with either an announcement or authors note using the according buttons.

They work about the same as the spoiler mechanic, but will instead highlight the text instead of omitting it.

MrTiemos

There's a few simple tags you can use in the editor when posting a chapter. Just use the announcement or author's notes one at the beginning if you feel you especially need some sort of content warning.
you can also start the chapter with either an announcement or authors note using the according buttons.
View attachment 1054View attachment 1055
They work about the same as the spoiler mechanic, but will instead highlight the text instead of omitting it.
This is very helpful, thank you.
I’ll be setting it as an announcement.