Can i post my webnovel series from qidian/webnovel here

muhammadazmee94

As title said, i have original english webnovel done on that website, can i post it here also?

MyLadyQueen

Love, if it is a contracted novel then you need to ask them first but other than that, it's your novel, post it where you want just make sure you say on both sites that it's on SH and on WN.

mrsimple

Writer
If I remember correctly, you can place a copyright on the novel during the upload.

Lameduck987

Does this make it copyrighted though or do you still need to get copyright legally

D

Deleted member 9915

I think it is copyrighted the moment we began writing/making something. As long as, it is properly dated and you have witnesses, maybe? Am not sure really. am no expert at this but it's all on my own understanding.

Ziru

You gain copyright protection the moment you begin writing, you do not need to provide a notice of it nor to you have to register with anyone. It is still recommend you do so, however, as deterrents are often more powerful than actual ability to enforce the protection.

If you're interested in knowing more, I recommend reading this page.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
As title said, i have original english webnovel done on that website, can i post it here also?
Read the terms and conditions you agreed to when you post on Qidian. Some clauses empower them to take your story as theirs. Ai-chan doesn't read their terms and conditions, so there may or may not be such clauses in their terms and condition.

Does this make it copyrighted though or do you still need to get copyright legally
Most countries now follow Berne Convention, so you get copyright the moment you put ink on paper. In America however, you need to specifically apply for copyright if you want to bring the case to court. You can file your copyright a month before the hearing, but you can do it anytime. If you are not planning on bringing it to court, you can use DMCA.