Can Someone Slap Me?

authordaeygur

I have posted the Drengr’s Daughter/Zira of Yendenburg on my AuthorAJH account, and have literally deleted it and reuploaded it at least sixteen times *that might be an overexagerration*

A part of me is scared to post it, because I’m very insecure about my writing and story in general. I want my book to be loved but I’m also not confident in my writing hence me deleting it off the website. I already had twenty-six readers on my other account, it had only three chapters, and I ended up deleting it because I started getting anxiety. Can someone slap me and tell me not to delete my story off Scribblehub.

I have no idea what’s wrong with me. :((

Generik0

(Punching Gives more sense)

Try not to do it. Don't be like me who is all bark no bite when it comes to writing a novel.

But you have the right not to do so if it bugs you this much.

D

Deleted member 29316

On the other hand, post your work. Writing is a gamble; there's a 50-50 chance of someone liking it, and/or someone hating it. Give it a chance.

Otherwise, it's safe, yet nothing happens at all.

Btw, what happened to you is normal. No one can fault you for doing that...though your readers might get confused and disappointed.

JDC_OnPaper

*Slaps*
Nobody is born perfect! Everybody has their ups and downs, look at the other authors that has shit reviews and little to no readers, did they stop uploading or updating their stories?! No! They kept writing what they wanted to write!

You! do you love writing! Do you love writing Novels! then do it! Don't let it pull you down!

Anxiety is one of the most powerful enemies every human has to face, whether you like it or not, you have to face it, now or never.

(I mean, before I posted my novel I was like "This sucks, i'ma regret posting it here" Then after a few days it became a normal novel, I had regular viewers and readers. There were some that left a bad review, but it didn't matter to me, I wanted to write my novel, and there are people who were willing read it.)

How about you, do you love writing? if yes, then stand up and fight your anxiety, you will never know if you try.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I have posted the Drengr’s Daughter/Zira of Yendenburg on my AuthorAJH account, and have literally deleted it and reuploaded it at least sixteen times *that might be an overexagerration*

A part of me is scared to post it, because I’m very insecure about my writing and story in general. I want my book to be loved but I’m also not confident in my writing hence me deleting it off the website. I already had twenty-six readers on my other account, it had only three chapters, and I ended up deleting it because I started getting anxiety. Can someone slap me and tell me not to delete my story off Scribblehub.

:blob_reach: I wont slap you. I just give you an encouraging hug.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

I will be honest, unless your grammer is shit, everything else is fine... till the point where people hate your plot that is.

Relax, unclench your buttcheeks and sphincter and get ready for the hate coming in hot. Think to yourself, 'AT LEAST I AM NOT IN ROYALROAD!'

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
What type of slap?
Sorry I only know to slap when something wrong could be solve through it...
images.jpeg

Alright I gave you a slap now...
Now go and make the novel without regrets now :3
Just know that thinking you're novel is not good enough is right cuz you know that you could improve instead of being cocky
And there's no 'perfect' novel to exist as far as I know so go ahead and post you're imperfect novel so you could improve :blob_hmm_two:

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

*slaps your ass* dont delete your work you goddamn coward *slaps again* post it like you mean it.
*slap*
You silly little slut
What are you scared of, huh?!
*slap*
*slap*
*slap*

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
post it on archive of our own in middle of lot of hentai fanfictions then you won't feel anxious .
Still better than me i plan to write a story and then never release it to the public. Not cause it's not good enough but cause too much effort and i can't let my artistic vision be tainted by what humans think.
Nah somehow writing dilogue scenes and plot points is way more fun than actually connecting them to make a coherent story.

Like i sometimes just write a lecture protagonist gave at his college even though it's an isekai story and he is never going to go back to earth or that lecture won't fit anywhere without required context.
But i don't feel like explaining the context that's too hard.

How much of it was sarcasm.

Though benefits of this are . You only write things when feeling inspired without deadlines. Like if you write corrupting by a villian in one perspective you are not forced to think of the guy who is getting corrupted's thoughts at that exact moment. When you are feeling inspired you can write from perspective of the guy that is being corrupted.

This reply probably doesn't form coherent sense.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
YOLO. You are your most important reader. Love your story like you love yourself so others can love it too.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Now here's a little tale for the times:

Someone, somewhere out there, is gonna hate your shit. He's gonna hate it so much, he's gonna print all your books out just so he could use it as toilet paper when he takes a shit. It doesn't matter if he comes out of it with rashy ass cheeks and sandpapered blue balls; so long as he can physically shit on your story.

Then, on the other side of the same token, there's someone who loves your work so much, he prints it out, tears out a little piece of it, and puts it in his breakfast tuna casserole. He does this everyday with no fail, and is even considering making fermented beer brewed ENTIRELY by your story printed in Times New Roman Font Size 12.

Posting your story online is a gamble like this. Nothing in this globe is free. You want acceptance and approval? Work for it. You can't just post your story out and expect nothing but unending praise and love and break down whenever someone puts out 1 (one) slightly negative critique. People don't owe you; you have to brave the storm ahead to earn your bread.

You might say: "If only people aren't assholes about me!" That's true; if only. But we don't live in a simulation. We live in the internet age where being an asshole is just as easy as a password, an email, and a pseudonym. But by the same token, so is discovering good, sometimes amazing works. People may log in one day and find out about your stuff and realize, by fate, they've encountered their Holy Bible. You wish the latter will happen often, but reality is disappointing. It is only when you accept the disappointment where good times will come.

The rainbow only comes after the storm. Making a forum post crying pity isn't gonna help. You're gonna have to take that deep breath, go to your laptop, log in, post that thing, lock that machine in a timed safe and go to bed. You have to steel yourself against the mob, learn of their habits and come back stronger. How do you think your favourite books came to be?

It's not a matter of "I can't". You simply "have to". Or else it won't be. It'll never be. You'll one day grow old and live with one more regret knowing you've never taken the chance to post your story. Would you want to die like that? I know I don't want to.

So post that shit. Get bombarded with 5 1-stars within the first hour and keep posting it. Sooner or later you'll find yourself on the trending tab.