Can this even work? Math as the main theme

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
it definitely would. I see a fresh and awesome idea here. I mean, Rikkekoi is an anime where two people are finding love using science. Where as your character is a math genius! Does your MC fall in love with an average person or does your MC fall in love with a Math God?

Nymus

There is a story on webnovel called Scholar's Advanced Technological System. Not sure but I think it´s kind of similar.

scribesaga

Design the character first, then the world and math around it.

CZ2

Look, I absolutely hate math in real life.

But this is a fresh idea, and I would absolutely enjoy it.

As long as you know your math then there should be nothing wrong.

I don't know if you watch anime but there's an anime called Doctor Stone with Science as it's main theme and that's a banger. So I see nothing wrong with having a story with math as it's main theme.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Is MATH related to SCIENCE?

What is a cap rate? What is the formula of a cap rate?

An algebraic expression that contains three terms is called?
What is
simplified?

Last edited:

shubh

Is MATH related to SCIENCE?

What is a cap rate? What is the formula of a cap rate?

An algebraic expression that contains three terms is called?
What is
simplified?
Ofcourse math and science are related. I don't really understand your post though. What do you want to say?

And I plan the 2nd protaganist, (The Disciple, plan to introduce her at ch 7-8 mark) to use physics heavily for math proofs, which should be both fun and be in contrast to the pure math proofs the current protaganist uses. Although I have 4-5 such cases worked out , I have no idea how many more can I come with. This is hard.

The main idea is to highlight the most elegant solution, develop both the protagonists and the Devilish 👿 constellation

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Ofcourse math and science are related. I don't really understand your post though. What do you want to say?

And I plan the 2nd protaganist, (The Disciple, plan to introduce her at ch 7-8 mark) to use physics heavily for math proofs, which should be both fun and be in contrast to the pure math proofs the current protaganist uses. Although I have 4-5 such cases worked out , I have no idea how many more can I come with. This is hard.

The main idea is to highlight the most elegant solution, develop both the protagonists and the Devilish 👿 constellation
Just wanted to ask math-related questions, and you're spoiling your plot already.

witch_sorrowful

Mmm, Monke.
It's a very infamous quote from a certain Katy Perry, who appeared in an episode of Neil Tyson's Startalk podcast.

Also, it's a cool idea, no reason for it to not work! Do you best!

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
I only read the first chapter, but I'll tell you what I think.

Yes it could work, but not like this IMO

What was those equation, trigonometric? Algebra? I don't really pay attention since I skip those calculation stuff.
I don't know why you choose the most boring theme in math, but if you want to use math as a theme, then at least use a popular concept that exciting to read even by common mass, like fibonaci, mobius ring, how to multiplied infinity number, perpetual motion, etc.

I'm short, it's fine to telling that your MC is a math genius, but show it in an exciting way and the principles behind it, not telling us the technical stuff that can be done using nowadays computation devices.

Funnyface

Anything can work as long as it’s interesting and fun, but algebra is widely hated for a reason... it’s dry! Unless you’re a math teacher or something, I think it would be easier to make a story about almost anything else!