Can users create their own contests?

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I had this thought of having some contest thing for the people on my discord, and I’d like to ask. Are users allowed to host their contests on scribblehub even if the contest isn’t officialized, and given official status by scribblehub?

Also I could do this on my discord, or whatever else I could use but the works wouldn’t really be seen, it would basically be contained to one zone. So that’s why I chose Scribblehub for my theoretical contest!

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
i dunno how it works here, but i'll tell you how does it works at my old forum back then.
  • the forum management contact the forum moderator/community guide and telling them that they wanted a contest, or event, or something
  • then, the moderator reach some of the veteran forum member to talk about it (privately).
  • some of them might agree, some may not. but if anyone agree, these veteran member who agree will be the organizer or the contest/event.
  • the organizers then submit the contest/event idea to the moderator, which they could approve/veto
  • if they approve, the moderator would report it to the forum management
  • i'm not sure what happened on this part, but after that, the forum management would sponsoring all the rewards for both organizer and participator.
-------------------------------
so about user created contest, i just have one question : what would you do about the contest rewards? would you think the users should handle the rewards, or should the forum itself that provide it?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I had this thought of having some contest thing for the people on my discord, and I’d like to ask. Are users allowed to host their contests on scribblehub even if the contest isn’t officialized, and given official status by scribblehub?

Also I could do this on my discord, or whatever else I could use but the works wouldn’t really be seen, it would basically be contained to one zone. So that’s why I chose Scribblehub for my theoretical contest!
You can host a contest on scribblehub just fine. You probably won't get a contest tag for the stories, and you probably won't get a pinned thread to advertise it or anything, but there should be nothing stopping you from making your own unofficial contest within Scribblehub.

If it serves as reference, I've actually hosted a handful of unofficial contests in Scribblehub's sister site, NovelUpdates. I never had any trouble for doing that, and Tony (the site owner) sometimes even gave me some extra exposure and support even.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I haven't seen any moderator forbidding events or contests of any sort, except it's spam.

If money is involved it's 100% your responsibility. BL_Palace and Yuri Garden held several anthology events with a friendly competitive spirit here already.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
I believe we can hold them! I'm planning to hold an art raffle around December myself! :blob_party: It'll be super fun to see contests and raffles and anthologies in SH!! It's like a party that never ends! Hurrah!!! :blob_happy:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
That sounds awesome! One thing I miss from Wattpad is all the contests. They would put their contests in books rather than in the forum, though, to keep things organized. They would advertise the contest book in the forum, and then you could go and read about the rules, the categories, the deadlines, the prizes, etc. You could apply to be a judge or enter your stories in the contests.