Can We Appreciate How Amazing ToF Story Is?

Oreo

Can we appreciate how amazing ToF story is?

I thought I had seen the peak of gacha story telling in Fate/Grand Order, but Tower of Fantasy showed me how much room nasu have to improve.

We start the story with an excellent establishment whose the main character is: he has amnesia and does whatever people tell him to do. (At this note I got to say that the skip button should-, not, it must be removed. It is a crime to skip on such a peak fiction) as we all know, filler and character introduction are boring AF, so the story doesn't waste time on those unnecessary things and jumps straight into the action. rightfully earn our confusion and makes us feel just like the character we playing as. I have never seen a story who use it's pacing in such a genius way to make us fell just like th MC.

Speaking on the action, the story knows very well that it better leave the action behind and let us learn more about the world, and what a better way to to that than fetch qusets?! I never saw a story that used fetch quests as a way of storytelling and world building.

And the climax! When the tower said "it's fantasy time" I accidentally dropped my phone from the shock. We truly reached the peak of gacha games storytelling- no, of video games storytelling in general.

I don't think that I can properly explain how great ToF's story is, even if my English were perfect, it's not something that can be achieved simply by words.

‏‏‏(I'm truly sorry if there are some grammar mistakes, English isn't my native language and I was in a rush to share my feeling towards ToF's glorious story)

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
I love sarcasm, but you'll have to admit the idea behind the story is great.

The execution is just... bad. Horrendous translations (Is it Paul or Palu!?) Weird cutscenes, some stuff is forced (seriously, why are we saving Shirli and Zeke anyway? Sure, they helped us, but why are we acting like they're our childhood friends?), fucking audio cutouts at random times...

Despite that, I fucking love it.

J_Chemist

Is it actually better than Genshin? I enjoyed Genshin but the fact that you were limited in what you could do per day led me to quit. I could play everything on the game in less than 30 minutes and be left with nothing to do but throw money at the gacha. It was painful.

Silbern

We can appreciate ToF's story is amazing because of how it's written and how it's executed.

Here are my thoughts on that:

First of all, ToF uses storytelling as a form of world building. This is not a common feature in gacha games. The story of ToF allows you to read about the world and the people around you. This is why you can tell that ToF was planned from the start as a high quality, long-running story.

This is done in many ways, like the conversations, the story, or through your quests. You're constantly talking with the people, learning new things about the world and people around you, and about yourself.