Can we have a Nonfiction genre?

bulmabriefs144

I mean, I saw earlier that there was someone who wanted to make a journal. Granted, it was a fantasy journal about the plants or animals of some world or something, but it seems like there should be a Journals and/or Nonfiction genre. I've made up religious books or D&D-style tabletop RPG books over the years, so I can imagine some people writing unorthodox genres. It would confuse people to see fantasy and nonfiction together, but help readers understand that this is non-narrative work, and help writers actually properly label things.

As an unrelated request, is there a way to insert a picture from my computer? There's a drop image function for the forums, making illustrations rather easy, but on the chapter edit page, it only says "source" and allows dimensions, but I checked over one of the pages to edit again, and noticed there was a broken link to one of my pictures. Not having a way to direct-link my illustrations means that if the host page goes down, the picture is blank.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
As an unrelated request, is there a way to insert a picture from my computer? There's a drop image function for the forums, making illustrations rather easy, but on the chapter edit page, it only says "source" and allows dimensions, but I checked over one of the pages to edit again, and noticed there was a broken link to one of my pictures. Not having a way to direct-link my illustrations means that if the host page goes down, the picture is blank.
There is not. You need to upload to a 3rd party website.

If you're worried about the host site going down, just choose a safe and reliable host, like imgur and discord, they almost never have problems.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I had a nonfiction book on Wattpad before I got banned. I've got my chapters saved, so I would enjoy posting them on Scribble Hub.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Ai-chan agree that there should be a nonfiction genre. After all, Tony never said anything about this place being only for fiction. If it's a novel, then it should have a place here. Nonfiction novels such as biographies are also a common category in bookstores. As long as it's an actual book, and not a blog, it shouldn't be a problem.

However, Ai-chan suggests that instead of just nonfiction, the genre be combined together with poetry. So it would be a Nonfiction/Poetry category. It's just an idea. Because otherwise both would look very lonely.

Of course, Ai-chan doesn't know if Tony does want this place to be only for fiction. Ai-chan only knows that he never said anything like that to Ai-chan.

D

Deleted member 45782

I agree on nonfiction genre. Was one of the genres requested in the genre implementation thread. Nonfiction is good because you may have guides, memoirs, etc.

Agentt

Thighs
I want an educational tag too!

Though for now, you can use historical tag, i guess?

D

Deleted member 45782

I want an educational tag too!

Though for now, you can use historical tag, i guess?
historical doesn't cut it for educational. cause story could be educational on certain things, but it is current time, or just not historical at all.