Can you gain money here?

subtorren2

What I mean, is, can you post a patron link, and stuff of the sort! In other words, promote for readers were to help you?
Also, for those that tried it, or know of it... Can you gain money on other sites if you're contracted to webnovel, but the non royalty contract?
I should probably ask those in webnovel for the second quetion! Though, thanks in advance for any answers!

doravg

103/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
You can post a link. Still, you have to take note, that the people come to this site to read novels for free. Unless you are writing something in the popular genres, don't expect for people to support you. If you really want to make money from your writing, you might consider indie publishing. That said, you should polish your craft, and find your style, before taking this step.

Domoviye

Yes you can, but don't expect to make it quickly.
I'm on 3 writing sites, and they each link to Patreon. Most of my 14 patrons (I only joined Patreon about 3 months) have come from the one site I've been on for years. A few came from the second writing site, and 1 or 2 came from here.
Almost all of them joined up because they really like my funny gender bender/evil boarding school story. My other two stories haven't really gotten any attention to Patreon.
I'm impressed at getting 14 patrons so quickly for writing that doesn't involve smut, and I'm aiming at publishing my stories on Amazon as they finish.
So I'm in for the long haul.

Corty

Spaghetti Monster
Earning money with patreon is only possible if you already have a following in the 100k range. And I mean readers who come to read your stuff and may not even leave a like, rating or comment, but come back every time you post a chapter. Most people, even if they like your story, won't even interact with you in any way, you just know they are there because of the statistics of views. From that 100k pool of returning readers you can fish for those who are also willing to put down 1-5-10 bucks or more.

But the moment you start spamming, asking for it you risk the opposite to happen. IMO you have to let it build up naturally. I may be wrong, but at least that is how I see it. You can also add patreon, ko-fi, PayPal and SubscribeStar to your profile and it will show on your stories here. It's in the account settings, author page.

Edit: if you are contracted on one site, I highly doubt you can repost your story anywhere else. It depends on your contract. As to ask for money on the sides, also, depends on your contract.

ZackRPG

Edit: if you are contracted on one site, I highly doubt you can repost your story anywhere else. It depends on your contract. As to ask for money on the sides, also, depends on your contract.
If it is an exclusivity contract you are prohibited from publishing it on other sites and they give you a time limit to delete it on the sites you have already published, there are some cases where you can leave some chapters in which you warn that your story will continue on another page. And if it is a non-exclusive contract you can continue publishing on other pages, only that you have less benefits and you have to have advanced chapters on the page that contracted you.

WildRoseGarden

It wouldn't hurt to link to a Patreon or Ko-fi. Once you've finished writing, you could also edit and publish independently and link to buy the print/digital book. Like it was mentioned it depends on traffic and exposure to gain a following to really get people to support the work.

Premier

I make like maybe $4-8 dollars a chapter on Patreon, so it's doable. But I am writing smut and that gets people who are a bit freer with their money.

Make sure you advertise at the end of the chapter that you have a Patreon with more chapters. I've seen way better and more successful fics than mine get almost nothing, simply because they don't tell people that there's a bunch of bonus chapters out there for cheap to get.

UnknownSaint171

Yes you can, but don't expect to make it quickly.
I'm on 3 writing sites, and they each link to Patreon. Most of my 14 patrons (I only joined Patreon about 3 months) have come from the one site I've been on for years. A few came from the second writing site, and 1 or 2 came from here.
Almost all of them joined up because they really like my funny gender bender/evil boarding school story. My other two stories haven't really gotten any attention to Patreon.
I'm impressed at getting 14 patrons so quickly for writing that doesn't involve smut, and I'm aiming at publishing my stories on Amazon as they finish.
So I'm in for the long haul.
That's pretty smart, what sites do you use?

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
You could. Write a good story, set up a Patreon and ko-fi, and you might make some money