Resolved Can't add new item to glossary

compass96

Is anyone else having this problem. I currently have three items in my glossary and I want to add more but anytime I click save changes, it does nothing. I can edit my previous glossary entries but I can't add anything new.

Tony

Staff member
Is anyone else having this problem. I currently have three items in my glossary and I want to add more but anytime I click save changes, it does nothing. I can edit my previous glossary entries but I can't add anything new.

Did you get this fixed? It seems like you have more than three items now.

If it's not fixed, are you getting any errors at all?

compass96

Did you get this fixed? It seems like you have more than three items now.

If it's not fixed, are you getting any errors at all?
Ah sorry. Yeah it's not fixed. I can't add or edit my glossary items and I am not getting any errors at all.

Tony

Staff member
Ah sorry. Yeah it's not fixed. I can't add or edit my glossary items and I am not getting any errors at all.

Can you give me the "name" and "description" you tried to add for the glossary? I'll see if I can try to recreate the bug.

compass96

Can you give me the "name" and "description" you tried to add for the glossary? I'll see if I can try to recreate the bug.

Okay.

Name: Perpetual Finishing School for Girls

Category: Location

Description: Perpetual is the most renowned school for girls in the country of Legume. It is the preferred school for the nobility, wealthy and famous in the Kingdom. Girls are taught Mathematics, Various Languages and History however it is well known for it Courtesy and Politeness course which teaches girls how to act and Behave in High Society. It also has a continental famous dance class and currently employs one of the best healers in the sub continent. Despite this reputation, Perpetual School is often colloquially called the Hellish Girls School and is best appreciated for its ability to reform 'stubborn' girls to societal standards.

Apart from this, I also have problems editting my current glossary items.

Tony

Staff member
Okay.

Name: Perpetual Finishing School for Girls

Category: Location

Description: Perpetual is the most renowned school for girls in the country of Legume. It is the preferred school for the nobility, wealthy and famous in the Kingdom. Girls are taught Mathematics, Various Languages and History however it is well known for it Courtesy and Politeness course which teaches girls how to act and Behave in High Society. It also has a continental famous dance class and currently employs one of the best healers in the sub continent. Despite this reputation, Perpetual School is often colloquially called the Hellish Girls School and is best appreciated for its ability to reform 'stubborn' girls to societal standards.

Apart from this, I also have problems editting my current glossary items.

I can't recreate this bug no matter how many times I tried. Do you have JS enabled? Do you have any script blocking plugins enabled?

compass96

I can't recreate this bug no matter how many times I tried. Do you have JS enabled? Do you have any script blocking plugins enabled?

Huh. That's weird. I still can't edit or add glossary items still. Um I have Javascript enabled. I don't think I have script blocking plugins (or know what that means tbf) but I do use adblock. Does that count? Though it would be weird because I've always had it and it's never caused a problem before.

compass96

Huh. That's weird. I still can't edit or add glossary items still. Um I have Javascript enabled. I don't think I have script blocking plugins (or know what that means tbf) but I do use adblock. Does that count? Though it would be weird because I've always had it and it's never caused a problem before.
Okay I have found something. I can add or edit as long as I underline, italic or bold the text.

Tony

Staff member
Okay I have found something. I can add or edit as long as I underline, italic or bold the text.

Can I ask what browser you're using? I can't recreate this bug at all. Adblock is fine and that shouldn't be a problem.

compass96

Hi @Tony. Sorry to resurrect this thread but it says resolved and my problem has not been resolved yet

compass96

No need to apologize! It's my fault that I thought it was fixed. It should be fixed this time... I hope.

Can you confirm if it's fixed on your side?
Unfortunately it isn't. I can still only add or amend glossary items if they are bolded, italicised or underlined.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately it isn't. I can still only add or amend glossary items if they are bolded, italicised or underlined.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I'm using Chrome too.

I was able to recreate the bug once and was able to fix it but just once. I'm not sure how you're recreating the bug every time so I'm kinda confused at the moment.

Can you try out a few things for me when you have time?

#1: Can you go and remove the italics from the description under 'Abigail Legume' and save it? Does it bug out for you?

#2: Can you try and add a simple glossary item. Just a one liner. Something like "test" and see if it'll work?

compass96

Yeah, I'm not sure. I'm using Chrome too.

I was able to recreate the bug once and was able to fix it but just once. I'm not sure how you're recreating the bug every time so I'm kinda confused at the moment.

Can you try out a few things for me when you have time?

#1: Can you go and remove the italics from the description under 'Abigail Legume' and save it? Does it bug out for you?

#2: Can you try and add a simple glossary item. Just a one liner. Something like "test" and see if it'll work?
Thank you so so much. I don't know what you did but it works. Everything works now. I was able to save Abigail Legume in my preferred form. And when I added a 'test' glossary item, it went as well. WOO HOO. Thanks for fixing this. Now I can get it out of my mind. I wonder what was causing it?

Tony

Staff member
Thank you so so much. I don't know what you did but it works. Everything works now. I was able to save Abigail Legume in my preferred form. And when I added a 'test' glossary item, it went as well. WOO HOO. Thanks for fixing this. Now I can get it out of my mind. I wonder what was causing it?

It was actually fixed when I posted this post: link. It seems like for whatever reason, your browser didn't see the new update so I had to change the version of the files to make sure you saw the new update.

As for the actual bug, I was only able to recreate the bug once so I was hoping that was the same bug you were having. Basically there was a problem with my code on my side which bugged out so it wasn't your fault. Sorry about that and I'm glad to hear it's fixed on your side.

compass96

It was actually fixed when I posted this post: link. It seems like for whatever reason, your browser didn't see the new update so I had to change the version of the files to make sure you saw the new update.

As for the actual bug, I was only able to recreate the bug once so I was hoping that was the same bug you were having. Basically there was a problem with my code on my side which bugged out so it wasn't your fault. Sorry about that and I'm glad to hear it's fixed on your side.
Well I'm glad it all went well. Thanks again for helping me and I hope you have a nice day.