Can't differentiate between Reality and Fantasy ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 53101
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 53101

You know chuunibyou, right? The eighth-grader syndrome sometimes struck the extreme anime fanatics. They can't differentiate between reality and fantasy. While I call them delusional kids who got too much spare time in the world. Just do something useful, for goodness’ sake.
Now, why I brought this topic up?

Because it's real! Oh God, there's no way it can't be any more real than that. And it was my family member who got stuck with this disease, two of them in fact.

Technically ... it's not chuunibyou, but schizophrenia. It's a mental illness which ... just google that stuff, even I don't know what it's all about. What I know is that those who have this illness are crazy. It was my mother and my cousin, the daughter of my second uncle.
My mother has quite a severe schizo, she lived in her own chaotic world full of magical nonexistent creatures, magic, and nonsense. Through our eyes, we know that her world doesn't exist, but she believed it IS exists. I usually saw her squatting at the corner of the darkroom and meditating with eyes closed, performing various hand gestures which definitely did not copy from Naruto, she also chanted some odd-sounding mantra and stuff. Honestly, it's quite scary when she did that. Just with a glance, and you know that she's no longer in the realm of normalcy.

It's not all the time she became like that, the frequency was about once per week but most of the time she's alright and seems a normal housewife. And it is fine if she just did her own magical show at the corner of the house, we usually left her to do as she pleases until she was happy and tire of it. But it becomes quite problematic when she started to go wild and run rampant outside; inconveniencing the neighbors.

As for my cousin, she used to be a student at the nurse academy. But then ... on her last year, she met with a bad guy(s) who raped did a nasty thing to her and marked a deep trauma on her mind. To be honest, she's pretty, the prettiest of my big family. So it is a shock when we heard that some scum already defiled her and leave a trauma on her mind. However, the deeds are already done, and she got depressed and thereafter became abnormal.

Her abnormal behavior was that she takes a liking to wash and burning things. Right, washing ... she literally washes everything. It was great to have her stay in our house for one or two days because the house would automatically become clean without me needing to do the chores, but it was a hell of a work if she were to live every day. Because, if there is no dirty laundry available, then she would grab some clean set from the cabinet, dirty them, and then wash them. Pretty much a crazy and useless thing to do, right?

And then the tendencies to burn things that can be burned. Yeah ... I almost having got a breakdown because of this. She burnt almost everything that was paper. Even money paper and my school book. Damn, I remembered that there's this book that I borrowed from the school library and I found out that she almost burned it in the backyard. Oh, how I was so mad at her back then. If I didn't catch her in the act, maybe that book has gone for good and I need to have a heart-to-heart conversation with the librarian.
Our family tried many methods to cure them, take them to a mental hospital, psychiatry, ruqyah, etc. Despite that, there's no sign of them returning to normal again.

And then, this is me. Just this morning after I woke up from my sleep and was about to take a breakfast, it's a fasting month so we have breakfast/Sahr at 3 to 4 am. Still sleepy, I asked my family ... perhaps a stupid and crazy question.
"Where is S__ and E__? They don't join for breakfast?" I asked them.

To which both my mom and dad asked back, puzzled, "Huh, who is S__ and E__?"

"... my sist-, wait ... huh?" I instinctively answered, before I caught up with the strangeness that occurred with the state of my mind. I followed, "Never mind, I'm still sleepy. I'll go wash my face first."

The two names I asked them were the two sister characters of the story that I write. And for somehow or another, I naturally asked about them in the real world and real-life?! Hell, is my mind going rampage and become utterly crazy? I feel like my reality and the fantasy inside my mind blended into one. I never have blood or adopted sisters in the family, there are only my two brothers but they also live in a different city.

That's why I began pondering, is schizophrenia contagious? Or maybe it's inherited through genetic? Aside from my mother, her maternal grandfather, i.e. my great-grandfather also suffered from schizophrenia in his life. Shit, maybe I'm just putting my attention too much into my writings that I've become delusional.

So is it true that schizophrenia is inheritable by family line?

Last edited by a moderator:

Draconite

Exist in the void
Schizophrenia is not inheritable and definitely not contagious, however it is more likely to get it if you're family members got it. Maybe because it slowly chips away your sanity? Anyways i recommend you to go to the doctor if you are really worried

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
You know chuunibyou, right? The eighth-grader syndrome sometimes struck the extreme anime fanatics. They can't differentiate between reality and fantasy. While I call them delusional kids who got too much spare time in the world. Just do something useful, for goodness’ sake.

Because it's real! Oh God, there's no way it can't be any more real than that. And it was my family member who got stuck with this disease, two of them in fact.

Technically ... it's not chuunibyou, but schizophrenia. It's a mental illness which ... just google that stuff, even I don't know what it's all about. What I know is that those who have this illness are crazy. It was my mother and my cousin, the daughter of my second uncle.
My mother has quite a severe schizo, she lived in her own chaotic world full of magical nonexistent creatures, magic, and nonsense. Through our eyes, we know that her world doesn't exist, but she believed it IS exists. I usually saw her squatting at the corner of the darkroom and meditating with eyes closed, performing various hand gestures which definitely did not copy from Naruto, she also chanted some odd-sounding mantra and stuff. Honestly, it's quite scary when she did that. Just with a glance, and you know that she's no longer in the realm of normalcy.

It's not all the time she became like that, the frequency was about once per week but most of the time she's alright and seems a normal housewife. And it is fine if she just did her own magical show at the corner of the house, we usually left her to do as she pleases until she was happy and tire of it. But it becomes quite problematic when she started to go wild and run rampant outside; inconveniencing the neighbors.

As for my cousin, she used to be a student at the nurse academy. But then ... on her last year, she met with a bad guy(s) who raped did a nasty thing to her and marked a deep trauma on her mind. To be honest, she's pretty, the prettiest of my big family. So it is a shock when we heard that some scum already defiled her and leave a trauma on her mind. However, the deeds are already done, and she got depressed and thereafter became abnormal.

Her abnormal behavior was that she takes a liking to wash and burning things. Right, washing ... she literally washes everything. It was great to have her stay in our house for one or two days because the house would automatically become clean without me needing to do the chores, but it was a hell of a work if she were to live every day. Because, if there is no dirty laundry available, then she would grab some clean set from the cabinet, dirty them, and then wash them. Pretty much a crazy and useless thing to do, right?

And then the tendencies to burn things that can be burned. Yeah ... I almost having got a breakdown because of this. She burnt almost everything that was paper. Even money paper and my school book. Damn, I remembered that there's this book that I borrowed from the school library and I found out that she almost burned it in the backyard. Oh, how I was so mad at her back then. If I didn't catch her in the act, maybe that book has gone for good and I need to have a heart-to-heart conversation with the librarian.
Our family tried many methods to cure them, take them to a mental hospital, psychiatry, ruqyah, etc. Despite that, there's no sign of them returning to normal again.

And then, this is me. Just this morning after I woke up from my sleep and was about to take a breakfast, it's a fasting month so we have breakfast/Sahr at 3 to 4 am. Still sleepy, I asked my family ... perhaps a stupid and crazy question.

The two names I asked them were the two sister characters of the story that I write. And for somehow or another, I naturally asked about them in the real world and real-life?! Hell, is my mind going rampage and become utterly crazy? I feel like my reality and the fantasy inside my mind blended into one. I never have blood or adopted sisters in the family, there are only my two brothers but they also live in a different city.

That's why I began pondering, is schizophrenia contagious? Or maybe it's inherited through genetic? Aside from my mother, her maternal grandfather, i.e. my great-grandfather also suffered from schizophrenia in his life. Shit, maybe I'm just putting my attention too much into my writings that I've become delusional.

There's a possibility that she was possessed by djin or something. My teacher told me that its possible for someone (especially female) to often be possessed due to their ancestor's or relative's deeds.

He told me in the most case, the cause is their ancestors or distant relatives were people with high spiritual aptitute who were capable to control or manipulate some djin (yeah stando) when they were alive. And once they dead, those djins would take revenge on their closest relative.

I saw these things happened with my very own classmate, and she was possessed quite often back there..... She would start talking nonsese for no reason and it then escalated to her rolling, screaming and talk even more nonsense. And this would happen even more often whenever she was under stress or having negative thought. Djinn would snuck into human heart in their weakest, most unstable condition. Therefore she need to be more positive and never thought of negative things.

There's no real cures to this other than to be closer to god and live a more positive life.

Last edited:

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord

Schizophrenia is a gift of the universe to peak into higher dimensions. DO NOT trust the reptilian elite who wants you to take your schizo meds!

1610755492834.jpg

P.S. I'm just joking. Please don't force me into an asylum.

D

Deleted member 53101

There's a possibility that she was possessed by djin or something. My teacher told me that its possible for someone (especially female) to often be possessed due to their ancestor's or relative's deeds.
Actually, that might be true, my other uncle from my dad was a religious teacher, and he also dabbles in mysticism and ruqyah stuff as far as I know. And he said that my cousin has four djins inside her. But still, I'm questioning my sanity. Am I started getting this odd feeling of disconnection with the real world.

Schizophrenia is a gift of the universe to peak into higher dimensions.
My brother also seen it as a gift, back when he's still in middle school and high school sometimes when he was doing his test, he heard a whisper that of the answer to the test question. I almost can't believe what he said. After all, it's beyond my understanding and worldview. However, seeing how crazy my mom and cousin was ..., I think it might be possible.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.

A solid reason for schizophrenia hasn't been found yet. Though, genetics are a theorized cause, with many others as well.

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
Actually, that might be true, my other uncle from my dad was a religious teacher, and he also dabbles in mysticism and ruqyah stuff as far as I know. And he said that my cousin has four djins inside her. But still, I'm questioning my sanity. Am I started getting this odd feeling of disconnection with the real world.

My brother also seen it as a gift, back when he's still in middle school and high school sometimes when he was doing his test, he heard a whisper that of the answer to the test question. I almost can't believe what he said. After all, it's beyond my understanding and worldview. However, seeing how crazy my mom and cousin was ..., I think it might be possible.
A wise man once said that real-life magic (occultism) is not like Harry Potter, but more like constant paranoia and psychosis.

For the inheriting part: somewhat. If your family has a history of schizophrenia it raises the likelihood of getting it as well.

Anyway, for a real tip: have you tried meditation? Especially Zen? It improves your mindfulness and helps your mind to be more grounded.

BubbleC

Floating Idiot
If you can afford to, definitely go see a doctor/psychiatrist if you're concerned. Since some people theorize that schizophrenia could be genetic and since your family has a history of it, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Keep taking care of your health (proper diet, sleep, etc.) and keep in touch with the people around you. It's good to keep praying and reciting scripture, especially if it helps keep you calm. Take note if you're showing other symptoms of schizophrenia as well. You could also try keeping a journal of your thoughts? I'm not sure how helpful that would be, but doing something to ground yourself (exercise, meditation, etc.) would be good.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
Well, the spiritual exists. Even more so for java island known for its share of spiritual and mystical histories. Remember that java callendar is also based on spiritual subjects. And some places really do have higher spiritual density than others and have even more spiritual creatures living there.

I still remember vividly that mass possession during my college's orientation. Some places can be really dangerous and you must pay attention with your attitude. Thanks god, everyone managed to come back home safely. And ever since, my college BAN that place for their orientation. (But corona means online orientation, LOL).

And also.... The other reason why someone often gets possessed is because there is someone with the ability to cure it is nearby. It is because there's someone who can help is around... Because god won't test you beyond what you can handle. Is what my teacher told me.

And as I said, there's no real cures. Djinn cannot be killed and they cannot be dead, not until the day of the end. Unless you have someone with extremely high spiritual aptitude on the level of our past ancestors (like Jayabaya or something), even if you can get rid of them once, they will surely come back.

She would need to be closer to god and should not be put under stress or sadness, but that is just very hard. Even now, my friend hasn't been completely cured... I wonder how is she doing? 😢

D

Deleted member 53101

You could also try keeping a journal of your thoughts? I'm not sure how helpful that would be, but doing something to ground yourself (exercise, meditation, etc.) would be good.
Ahhh ..., I see, keeping a log of my daily life, huh? I stopped doing that since middle school. It's because I cringed myself seeing my own scribble about incoherent things that happen in my life. Perhaps back then I was a chuunibyou myself.

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
I haven't. However, I pray to God and recite scripture whenever I feel disordered. Does that count? Though it really helps to calm down myself.
Yes, it should help. However, don't forget to really put your all into praying - it should be like a form of meditation where you are fully focused on it and don't wander of with your mind somewhere else while during it.

Well, the spiritual exists. Even more so for java island known for its share of spiritual and mystical histories. Remember that java callendar is also based on spiritual subjects. And some places really do have higher spiritual density than others and have even more spiritual creatures living there.

I still remember vividly that mass possession during my college's orientation. Some places can be really dangerous and you must pay attention with your attitude. Thanks god, everyone managed to come back home safely. And ever since, my college BAN that place for their orientation. (But corona means online orientation, LOL).

And also.... The other reason why someone often gets possessed is because there is someone with the ability to cure it is nearby. It is because there's someone who can help is around... Because god won't test you beyond what you can handle. Is what my teacher told me.

And as I said, there's no real cures. Djinn cannot be killed and they cannot be dead, not until the day of the end. Unless you have someone with extremely high spiritual aptitude on the level of our past ancestors (like Jayabaya or something), even if you can get rid of them once, they will surely come back.

She would need to be closer to god and should not be put under stress or sadness, but that is just very hard. Even now, my friend hasn't been completely cured... I wonder how is she doing? 😢
I think you are confusing Djinns with Shaitans since Djinns aren't necessarily evil and sometimes even help people, unlike Shaitans. Though my knowledge of Islamic mysticism isn't really deep, so I may be wrong here.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
I think you are confusing Djinns with Shaitans since Djinns aren't necessarily evil and sometimes even help people, unlike Shaitans. Though my knowledge of Islamic mysticism isn't really deep, so I may be wrong here.
You're both right and wrong.

Djinn is actually their race name. Shaiton are from Djinn race. So Shaiton are definitely Djinn, but Djinn are not necessary Shaiton.

Shaiton are evil.

Djinn can be good, evil or even neutral.

Even Djinn that helps human might resent human. Well, you see, our ancestors love playing around with these supernatural creatures (Djinn) and some even abused them like how japanese abused their worker.

The bad thing is these supernatural creatures cannot die. When these abuser died, the abused are still alive and their number keep increasing (they can have descendants too). And since they cannot take revenge on them because of their high supernantural aptitudes, they decided to target their poor, much weaker descendants or relatives who don't posses much spiritual aptitude.

Definitely looks like easy and sweet targets of revenge, right?

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Schizophrenia is not inheritable and definitely not contagious, however it is more likely to get it if you're family members got it. Maybe because it slowly chips away your sanity? Anyways i recommend you to go to the doctor if you are really worried

A solid reason for schizophrenia hasn't been found yet. Though, genetics are a theorized cause, with many others as well.
Research into the cause of schizophrenia is still ongoing. The way I understood it in my psychology courses is that genetics will predispose someone to a disorder, and stress will activate that predisposition. Here's a more in-depth look on the topic:

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
Thanks for your insights. As I said I don't know a lot about Islamic mysticism - though I know a decent amount about western occultism.

The bad thing is these supernatural creatures cannot die. When these abuser died, the abused are still alive and their number keep increasing (they can have descendants too). And since they cannot take revenge on them because of their high supernantural aptitudes, they decided to target their poor, much weaker descendants or relatives who don't posses much spiritual aptitude.

Definitely looks like easy and sweet targets of revenge, right?
Sounds pretty much like western demons who feed on negative emotions like fear, etc. of the spiritually weak.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
Sounds pretty much like western demons who feed on negative emotions like fear, etc. of the spiritually weak.
Well, they aren't that much different actually. They're basically the same creatures went by different names. Like how you call a Lion -> Panthera Leo. Different places and cultures have different names for the same thing.

In islamic mystic there's only two known supernatural race: Djinn and Angels, and things like demons, ghosts, and stando (stando are called Khorib or Qorin, btw) fall under Djinn category.

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
Well, they aren't that much different actually. They're basically the same creatures went by different names. Like how you call a Lion -> Panthera Leo.
Yep - especially since the Abrahamic religions have the same roots, so it makes sense that there are a lot of similarities.

Bloodysin28

Welp to a certain extent I believe in the supernatural due to a encounter I had,
When I was in middle school when I was coming home from coaching,there is a short cut through an open field,there is a banyan tree with a palm tree growing inside (in bangladeshi culture that kind of tree is super haunted and cursed)it also had a lot of dark history such as a lot of executions and suicides,it was at night
There was a shadowy human figure under the tree except it didn't move like a human,I raised my arm and it raised it's arm,at that moment,I felt the greatest chill of my whole life,take into account I had experienced war,bullets and bonds whissing by the fear from then wasn't a tenth of the fear I felt in.that encounter,I ran as fast as I could,that thing chasing at a speed that would put a sports car to shame,when it f passed a street lamp I saw nothing and then it just magically appeared,I got away and even brought a community security officer there but there was nothing,to this day I always go to sleep with the lights on and praying constantly for 9 years.That would somehow increase my affinity for the meta physical to this day.

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
Welp to a certain extent I believe in the supernatural due to a encounter I had,
When I was in middle school when I was coming home from coaching,there is a short cut through an open field,there is a banyan tree with a palm tree growing inside (in bangladeshi culture that kind of tree is super haunted and cursed)it also had a lot of dark history such as a lot of executions and suicides,it was at night
There was a shadowy human figure under the tree except it didn't move like a human,I raised my arm and it raised it's arm,at that moment,I felt the greatest chill of my whole life,take into account I had experienced war,bullets and bonds whissing by the fear from then wasn't a tenth of the fear I felt in.that encounter,I ran as fast as I could,that thing chasing at a speed that would put a sports car to shame,when it f passed a street lamp I saw nothing and then it just magically appeared,I got away and even brought a community security officer there but there was nothing,to this day I always go to sleep with the lights on and praying constantly for 9 years.That would somehow increase my affinity for the meta physical to this day.
Sounds like you had an encounter with the notorious shadow people. Did the figure look something like that?

shadow-people.jpg

D

Deleted member 53101

banyan tree
Thank goodness that the beringin tree(perhaps it's the same banyan, it's the big tree with a lot of vines in it, right?) behind my house was cut down already. I've had enough hearing some grandpa in the neighborhood telling some random ghost stories involving the tree.

I always go to sleep with the lights on
While I haven't really experienced that kind of spiritual experience, I've received a lot of teasing with sleep demon and dream imp. I always have tindihen (sleep paralyze) at least once every three months. Though, that didn't stop me from sleeping in a locked door and light off. I can't sleep with the light on, my eyes just don't get used to it.