Can't figure out a fictional abbreviation genre for a fiction game.

lOpWolfl

This had been bugging me while I was writing a story progression sheet, I can't seem to firmly decide on a fictional abbreviation for a fiction game in a story I'm writing since I'm not even sure if it makes any sense at all.

The game I envisioned takes a lot of inspiration from Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour, Tom Clancy The Division, Battlefield 4, Terra and VRChat.

While shifting through each games genre I was came up with these two abbreviations

VFPSRTS-Virtual First Person Shooter Real Time Strategy.

VFPRTS-Virtual First Person Real Time Strategy.

Any other suggestions is highly appreciated.

JustHANO

If it's virtual reality we can assume it's first person.

Virtual Real Time Tactical Shooter
Virtual Real Time Strategical Shooter.

xane

I think I've read a story that tried to have some special abbreviation for their game genre and went 50+ chapters without using it, when they ended up using it again I had to try and think what the hell it meant. If you're using it for the sake of the readers then try to stick to the current structure so a basic understanding of terminology can piece it together, or if it's going to be used often include long form in parenthesis after it several times.

If it's used purely in context of the story then what's the game development state like in universe? If VR has progressed to the point where the majority of games are done in VR then VR may just be written off as a given and not required.

lOpWolfl

If it's virtual reality we can assume it's first person.

Virtual Real Time Tactical Shooter
Virtual Real Time Strategical Shooter.

The Virtual Real Time Strategical Shooter does have a nice ring to it.

I think I've read a story that tried to have some special abbreviation for their game genre and went 50+ chapters without using it, when they ended up using it again I had to try and think what the hell it meant. If you're using it for the sake of the readers then try to stick to the current structure so a basic understanding of terminology can piece it together, or if it's going to be used often include long form in parenthesis after it several times.

If it's used purely in context of the story then what's the game development state like in universe? If VR has progressed to the point where the majority of games are done in VR then VR may just be written off as a given and not required.

Now I think about it and looking back on the storyline sheet. I believe in the fictional future, VR is the norm when it comes to social interaction and gaming, So i think it can be written off as a given