Bugs can't read novels through rss with vpn

TotallyHuman

I can get the full article when I turn it off no problem.
I suspect it is somehow because of cloudfare or some other fingerprinting mitm nonsense, but I am not sure, so it is more of a question why, rather than a genuine bug report.
Since the functionality to allow readers read with an rss client is there, I see no real reason to limit them by forcing them to turn off their vpn's.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I can get the full article when I turn it off no problem.
I suspect it is somehow because of cloudfare or some other fingerprinting mitm nonsense, but I am not sure, so it is more of a question why, rather than a genuine bug report.
Since the functionality to allow readers read with an rss client is there, I see no real reason to limit them by forcing them to turn off their vpn's.
VPNs are primarily designed to enhance online privacy and security by encrypting your internet connection and routing it through a server in a different location. This can change your IP address and make it appear as if you are browsing from a different location. But, this is not to say that VPNs are intended to block RSS feeds.

In fact, RSS feeds work independently of your IP address, so it's unlikely that a VPN would block them. However, in some rare instances, if the VPN is configured to block certain types of traffic, it could potentially block access to RSS feeds. For example, if the VPN is set to block all incoming or outgoing traffic on port 80, which is the default port for HTTP traffic, it would then block all RSS feeds delivered via HTTP. But, this is not a common scenario, most VPN providers don't block any types of traffic, they may prioritize certain types over others.

Have you tested with different feed readers and feeds, not just Scribble Hub's?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
VPNs are primarily designed to enhance online privacy and security by encrypting your internet connection and routing it through a server in a different location. This can change your IP address and make it appear as if you are browsing from a different location. But, this is not to say that VPNs are intended to block RSS feeds.

In fact, RSS feeds work independently of your IP address, so it's unlikely that a VPN would block them. However, in some rare instances, if the VPN is configured to block certain types of traffic, it could potentially block access to RSS feeds. For example, if the VPN is set to block all incoming or outgoing traffic on port 80, which is the default port for HTTP traffic, it would then block all RSS feeds delivered via HTTP. But, this is not a common scenario, most VPN providers don't block any types of traffic, they may prioritize certain types over others.

Have you tested with different feed readers and feeds, not just Scribble Hub's?
It's most likely Cloudflare reacting to the VPN, tbh.

Tony needs to keep Cloudflare up to hinder bots and attacks on the site and stuff, so it probably ends up also adversely affecting real users in certain cases. This is most likely one of those cases.