Recommendations Cautious Antagonist

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
A cautious villain would've immediately Halocaust'd everyone without warning or even announcing his/her evil. Unless your goal is to instill fear in your name, if you're going for mass genocide, you'd try to get on the good side of any powerful faction and destroy from within.

CL

The novel isn't on Scribblehub, but does "Super Minion" count as a cautious villain story?

Peculiarflame86

Not sure if it's to your taste or even still up, but "Super Villain" on royal road barely comes to mind as fitting the caution requirement.

Warrior_In_Thights

I can only say read "Reverend Insanity" . He is a villain type and cares for none other then himself 99.99% of the time. The beginning is a slow start but once you get started it gets ya going real good. Maybe read the manhua 90 chapters or so first and then go to where the novel picks up

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
Definitely agree with Reverend Insanity. I hear it has a lot of filler sometimes, but I've found it entertaining so far. I don't know if he fits into "overly cautious" though.

Also I think making a cautious villain story would be interesting... :blob_hmm_two:

Kldran

Interesting idea... hmmm... :blob_hmm_two:

"Sir, the army is ready to attack."
"No it's not, we don't have siege weapons yet. Make some trebuchet's, siege towers, and don't forget to start digging tunnels."
"We have fifty-thousand goblins, and ten-thousand orcs. This is a castle of only five-thousand men. We can crush them!"
"No such thing as too much preparation. How are negotiations with the ogres and nightmares going? I want to recruit their aid too."

Watching the demons further fortify their army and position from a watchtower, I find myself wondering just how long this will continue. It's been five years already, since they first amassed their army. It's since grown from an estimated sixty thousand troops to over two-hundred thousand, yet my fear now is gone. It's clear we will all die if they ever attack, but after waiting so long and watching the army grow and the massive siege engines rise up... it's just sorta turned into resignation.

Oh, are those dragons showing up? Those are new. I'm pretty sure one of those alone could destroy this castle.

Sadly, I don't have any ideas good enough to actually make a real story. This was the best I could do with what came to mind.

Ankur_93

I would recommend my story, A World of Monsters.
Things I can promise, in the story:
1. Grammar [As per Grammarly]
2. Monster will be a monster while the human will be a human.
3. Evolutions.
4. No harem.
5. Grimdark
6. Well defined characters [In my opinion at least XD]
7. No OPness.