Ceres's Chaos: A Tragic Space Opera [Sci-Fi Exosuit Progression][Crafting] (200k Words)

M.G.Driver

Everyone loves a good space opera, and I'm here to deliver. I work in the space industry, so it's my passion and I'll deliver consistently.

The grammar/writing may not be good or top quality due to my educational background, but the ideas and concepts definitely delivers (or so I believe)

I upload a chapter everyday - Royal Road first then Scribble Hub, so you can choose either. There's a 170 chapters scheduled as backlog, and I have been consistently writing one chapter a day to keep up.

I'll be updating this thread at major milestones (e.g halfway Arc 1, end of Arc 1 and so on...)

Other novels that served as inspiration:
1. Legendary Mechanic
2. The Mech Touch
3. Legend of the Galactic Heroes
4. The entire Halo series of novels

-----
What the story has:
1. Believable world
2. Believable technology and formation of materials, minerals etc. I believe this novel is medium-scifi (inbetween soft and hard sci-fi)
3. Planet focus first before ship focus - I never understood why Space Operas were always super focused on the ships rather than the quadrillion of humans living on planets. All the problems of humanity never really went away.
4. Relatable MCs with Character Development over time - no event gets forgotten and chucked out of their brain like nothing happened.
5. Action scenes that don't shy away from gore.
6. Relatable Villains - you may find yourself agreeing partially with the villains...
7. Slow burn

What the story doesn't have:
1. Fast Paced Soft Worldbuilding - it's technical and a lot of hard worldbuilding. I can't stand not having descriptions of how the tech that the main character is relying on not be explained as much as possible. If you hate that, then skip.
2. One-dimensional Characters - everybody has a second side to them, even side characters. Characters that may seem as stepping stones for the MC comes back later in the story stronger than ever
3. Stagnant World - The world reacts to what the MC does, and usually not in a good way. Anything good is literally too good to be true.
4. System or RPG elements - Nope.
5. Plot Armour - Zero. If the story comes to a point where they should be dead, that's it for them. If they get out alive somehow, most likely it will be at a serious cost (e.g mutilation etc)
6. Smut - No sex scenes, I suck at writing them.

I've already receieved feedback on my bad prologue, which I have attempted to fix. Thanks for reading!

Arc 1 is currently planned to end around Chapter 75, so it's a reaally slow burn. You can wait till then before binge reading.

Someone sent me a message also asking how is it a space opera when there seems to be no politics involved. The answer is yes there is, starts at chapter 26 (or even the prologue)

Last edited:

M.G.Driver

We're at Rising Stars Sci-Fi #25 on Royal Road, and we just hit 100k words mark with the latest release!

M.G.Driver

Made it to the top #10 rising stars sci-fi, rank #920 overall now.

M.G.Driver

End of Arc 1 within sight on Royal Road, #25 on rising stars main, hit 200k words two days ago.

M.G.Driver

Mass update complete, arc 1 complete now, 222k words.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Look, no offense, but that prologue stinks. Also you've immediately alienated a large chunk of your potential audience with the liberal world view right out of the gate.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Halcyon Nightmare has a shout out to Ceres Chaos in CH13. Thought that was nice of them.