- Dec 21, 2018
Since I don't always announce small features or bug fixes, I'll start using this thread as a change log. If you're interested, you should bookmark this thread.
- New ranking sort: Rising. This is not live yet on the main page but it's currently working. It needs time to gather data and I'll need some time to see if it's working properly before it gets moved to the main trending page of the site. The new rank is based on pageviews, comments, favorites and the number of readers you've gained during this period. It takes two different periods (days or weeks depending on your selection) and find out how the series has grown during that period.
- New feature: shortcut keys ([ctrl] + [<-] & [ctrl] + [->]) are live for previous/next chapters.
- Bug fix #13581: Removed series with 0 chapters from rankings, tags, genres, etc...
- Bug fix #15763: Titles in spoiler should show again.
- Bug fix: Spoilers within the 'author' bbcode for mobile devices was broken. This is fixed.
- Bug fix #15250: Latest Series wasn't working correctly.
- Bug fix: HTML were removed from chapter for mobile devices which shouldn't have happened.
- Bug fix: Characters "<" and ">" works in your novel's synopsis.
- Bug fix #15075: Stories (not chapters) were accidentally published when drafts were saved.
- Bug fix: Fixed a problem with images not being able to center properly.
- Bug fix #14214: Fixed ratings bug which wouldn't save when clicked.
- Bug fix: Fixed a paragraph issue with the trumbowyg editor.
- Bug fix: colored text would disappear after pressing the save button for chapters.
- Bug fix: colored text didn't work in PMs (main site).
- Bug fix #13678: Comment ordering for chapter was wrong.
- To stop the increase of fake ratings, future accounts will need to confirm their email before being able to rate a story.
- Bug fix #13609
- Bug fix #13321
- Bug fix #13194
- Bug fix: Chapter options in mobile should no longer appear when clicking on links within the chapter.
- Bug fix: Editor (DMs, glossary, mobile add/edit chapter, etc...) selected styles (bold, underline, strikethrough) will stay highlighted when it's pressed.
- Press the 'enter' key at login page will now log you in.
- Bug fix: Quoted box wouldn't display the "expand" link occasionally.
- When replying to chapter comments and profile comments on mobile, SH will scroll to give you enough space to reply so everything will display correctly without being cut off.
- Fixing some aligning problems related to buttons in the chapter comments.
- Bug fix: Some of the chapter and series chapters stats weren't completely removed when the series/chapter were deleted. This is fixed.
- Excessive new lines for chapter comment has been disabled.
- The "genre" page's pagination was displaying the wrong number of pages which is now fixed.
- Novels on front page trending can no longer appear there on back-to-back days.
- Slightly redesigned the mobile version of a user's profile page to give users more room to post replies.
- Reviews page: slightly redesigned the way the editor is displayed when a review is edited.
- Bug fix: profile comments will no longer be shown in the lounge after being deleted.
- Optimized MySQL code for getting traffic statistics for novels. It's a lot faster now.
- Bug fix: Chapter comments will force a paragraph for new lines instead of just a single line when the 'enter' key is pressed.
- Bug fix: "Edit" button for editing polls were misaligned for mobile users.
- Feature: Quotes and spoiler bbcodes are available for chapter comments.
- Bug fix #12397
- Chapter page: reply link is added to every comment instead of just the main comment from the comment chain.
- Bug fix: #12307
- Bug fix: Polls didn't display when it'll end for logged in users.
- Implemented feature #10598
- Bug fix #11319
- Bug fix: Table of Contents (chapter page) weren't displaying correct for IE users.
- Bug fix: "Please log in" message for when trying to edit a chapter wasn't displaying correctly.
- Feature: Added a way to know which chapters has a poll #11557
- Bug fix: Authors were still able to change font size which shouldn't have been possible because it'll mess up the user feature which lets the user change the font size.
- Bug fix: The headings (h1,h2.h3,h4,h5,h6) colors were off in the normal theme.
- New feature: Poll
- Bug fix #10758
- Bug Fix: Problem with comment spacing being displayed incorrectly after an edit.
- Bug fix: "Similar Series" would not show the thumbnail occasionally
- Fixed the mysql query for the release filtering. The main page should no longer lag when using this feature.
- Bug fix #10434
- Bug fix #10226
- Feature request #10312
- Captcha removed from login page. It'll only be displayed if a brute force is detected.
- Bug fix #10208
- Feature request #7737
- Bug fix #10132
- Fixed a few server errors
- New users are sent a "welcome" message with helpful links.
- Bug fix: Some reviews weren't displaying in the user profile.
- Added reading list tutorial to the help center.
- Added error checking to author's tip options. Basically, if you use the wrong format, it'll try to fix it for you.
- The forums will also display the users online from the main site.
- Latest topics from forums are now displayed on main site.
- Added discord and twitter links to footer.
- Bug fix: Follower/Following would sometimes give incorrect count.
- Alerts older than 60 days will be deleted. Alerts are suppose to be temporary.
- Bug fix #9292: Added error message if you go over the glossary description limit.
- Bug fix: Series ranking pagination were incorrect because of deleted novels.
- Bug fix: Removed Amazon links from being auto embed for novel's synopsis.
- Bug fix: Contest tag would get removed when you press save.
- Bug fix: Fixed delayed in updating "Total Views (Chapters)"
- Bug fix #6259
- Bug fix #9179
- Increased character limit from 3000 to 6000 for glossary items.
- Bug fix #8662
- Bug fix #7436
- Fixed bug related to comment's reply not working after clicking on the pagination.
- Bug fix #9220
- Bug: Removed deleted series from trending.
- "Latest Series" moved to the top for mobile users. Also, the way the Trending and Latest Series are displayed is changed on mobile devices. You are now able to swipe to view more trending/latest series.
- Carousel (Trending & Latest Series) for desktop users will load more smoothly.
- Contest entries are now shown on the front page for more exposure.
- Added a link to "Series Finder" where the normal search is located. It's basically an advanced search so it's better that I leave a link there so users know it exists.
- Fix: Improved the handling of stats (traffic)
- Feature: You're now able to change the width of the chapter via the "Reading Options" feature.
- Bug: Slider for changing font size fixed for mobile version.
- Bug: Fixed word count issue with chapters.
Last edited by a moderator: