Implemented Change order stories appear in on profile

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
Writing sites like Wattpad already have this as a feature - that the author can choose in what order stories appear.

If such a thing is too difficult, perhaps just allowing the user to change the sorting. I'm not sure why it sorts so that oldest is on top - I think it would more likely be the opposite.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

D

Deleted member 45782

This will probably be brought up from time to time again until it gets implemented maybe.
It would be really nice to rearrange our stories, especially if some are related actual series, vs stand-alone books. And they were not created in order, so stand-alone books are mixed with books that are related.

WasatchWind

This will probably be brought up from time to time again until it gets implemented maybe.
It would be really nice to rearrange our stories, especially if some are related actual series, vs stand-alone books. And they were not created in order, so stand-alone books are mixed with books that are related.
Even if this is a hard change, I'd at least as a temporary fix want them organized newest at the top and oldest at the bottom - it's weird that it's otherwise.

D

Deleted member 45782

Even if this is a hard change, I'd at least as a temporary fix want them organized newest at the top and oldest at the bottom - it's weird that it's otherwise.
Ik. What I meant was that there's a pattern of suggestions occasionally popping up and again relating to the same thing. We will keep seeing them though bc they are in demand. And some of these are good suggestions.

And yes, newest to oldest (bottom) seems more interesting cause after we finish our old stories, we concentrate on the newer ones so we will prefer them at the top.

I wish we could re-arrange the stories on our dashboard completely though. So books in related series can be together and not mashed with stand-alone stories.

Tony

Staff member
Writing sites like Wattpad already have this as a feature - that the author can choose in what order stories appear.

If such a thing is too difficult, perhaps just allowing the user to change the sorting. I'm not sure why it sorts so that oldest is on top - I think it would more likely be the opposite.
Ik. What I meant was that there's a pattern of suggestions occasionally popping up and again relating to the same thing. We will keep seeing them though bc they are in demand. And some of these are good suggestions.

And yes, newest to oldest (bottom) seems more interesting cause after we finish our old stories, we concentrate on the newer ones so we will prefer them at the top.

I wish we could re-arrange the stories on our dashboard completely though. So books in related series can be together and not mashed with stand-alone stories.

Done. You can sort series via your dashboard: https://www.scribblehub.com/dashboard/

PurpleCatGirl

I've been able to change the order series appear in my dashboard / create page, but this change doesn't seem to propegate over to the profile.

The series tab on my profile is now sorted with most-recently-created series on the top which is a big improvement, but I'd really love to be able to customize the way series appear on the profile.

WasatchWind

I've been able to change the order series appear in my dashboard / create page, but this change doesn't seem to propegate over to the profile.

The series tab on my profile is now sorted with most-recently-created series on the top which is a big improvement, but I'd really love to be able to customize the way series appear on the profile.
Hmm. It's working right on my profile.

PurpleCatGirl

Hmm. It's working right on my profile.
huh, i dont know what i'm doing wrong then.

i change the order on my dashboard, save the change, then go look at my profile, series tab and that hasn't changed. on the profile it's sorted most-recent to oldest. i dont think its a local cache problem, i refreshed & also checked on another device. profile-> series shows sorted by most-recent first, not the custom arrangement i set on the dashboard.

WasatchWind

huh, i dont know what i'm doing wrong then.

i change the order on my dashboard, save the change, then go look at my profile, series tab and that hasn't changed. on the profile it's sorted most-recent to oldest. i dont think its a local cache problem, i refreshed & also checked on another device. profile-> series shows sorted by most-recent first, not the custom arrangement i set on the dashboard.
Maybe try changing the sorting, then waiting a bit, then going back and changing it to what you want. That's what worked for me.

Tony

Staff member
Thank you Tony, you're awesome. Just for clarification, does this work only in the create menu, or does it apply to your profile as well?

It doesn't work on your profile. Your profile is what others see and you won't be able to sort it there. By default, the newest series should appear on top.

RinDes

It doesn't work on your profile. Your profile is what others see and you won't be able to sort it there. By default, the newest series should appear on top.
I know this is an old post, but I didn't want to repost something that was already talked about before. So I'll test my chances now, and ask this:
Sorting our stories in the Dashboard section has been implemented. However, this can't be done on the Profile/Series page.

Would it be possible to add the feature for it? The main reason, for me at least, is to sort out Completed stories at the bottom, and showcasing Ongoing ones from the top, in the desired order: be it from longest to shortest, by type (original vs fanfiction), or just from the writer's personal preference.

Kindly, Rin.

Succubiome

I know this is an old post, but I didn't want to repost something that was already talked about before. So I'll test my chances now, and ask this:
Sorting our stories in the Dashboard section has been implemented. However, this can't be done on the Profile/Series page.

Would it be possible to add the feature for it? The main reason, for me at least, is to sort out Completed stories at the bottom, and showcasing Ongoing ones from the top, in the desired order: be it from longest to shortest, by type (original vs fanfiction), or just from the writer's personal preference.

Kindly, Rin.
While I really like this idea, I feel like it would be better handled as a new feature request.

RinDes

While I really like this idea, I feel like it would be better handled as a new feature request.
Upon reflection, I actually did post it as a new *Feature Request*. I originally simply wanted to avoid double posting the *same* request, but seeing how old this post is... a new one was a wiser choice.