Chapter titles

furnace

I have just started writing a new novel (Will shamelessly self-promote myself here).

One of the major issues I face is names and titles (If it's not apparent with the story's title). The former can be solved by using name generators, but for the latter, I would like to get your insights on how to name my chapters. :blob_cookie:

Workaholics.inc

hmm... i see, well you should make it somewhat intriguing, with actual connection to the plot , but still like subtle and like foretells but you don't know what exactly is going to happen.

furnace

hmm... i see, well you should make it somewhat intriguing, with actual connection to the plot , but still like subtle and like foretells but you don't know what exactly is going to happen.
That is what I wanted to ask about. How do you decide what qualifies?

Workaholics.inc

That is what I wanted to ask about. How do you decide what qualifies?
well it has to have good connection a strong but not yet too strong that you will know what will happen,\
like lets say a persn is wrtomg a romance story
it has sonehing like this-
You bring color into my world, but it has to also do to with how you want it to go, word choice hasa very important placement
like would you rather read this or that
1. when the tiger meets the dragon
2. The duel of the tiger and dragon

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
I have just started writing a new novel (Will shamelessly self-promote myself here).

One of the major issues I face is names and titles (If it's not apparent with the story's title). The former can be solved by using name generators, but for the latter, I would like to get your insights on how to name my chapters. :blob_cookie:
I just taka a punchline from the chapter and use it.
If you check any of my longer novels (Dungeon and Necro) I always do that.
If you want a more thoughtful approach you can get a word that summarizes the chapter like I do with The Darkest Hour, but that's much much harder. I honestly kinda regret doing it on it since it takes a while to think the name.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

For the names, Ai-chan made some syllable-based name generator here https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/author-tools.22/

As for your story title, just plan arcs for your story. Then work down from there. For example, maybe you got the 'reincarnation arc', 'first journey arc' and 'kingdom arc'. In first journey arc, you could split it into small chapters such as 'meeting with the dog bitch', 'kicking the dog bitch', 'dog bitches bite hard' and 'starting journey with a kick on the dog bitch'.

This doesn't make bombastic chapter titles, sure, but it makes it much easier to think up chapter titles. As your first work, don't go out of your way to make a magnum opus, you won't be able to. What you can do is work your way up slowly. Doing this takes the pressure off thinking up chapter titles and gives you more brain capacity to do the actual writing. Don't make yourself feel pressured to make awesome chapter titles, you can worry about that when you start making money.

Ai-chan would rather read an awesome story but mediocre title than an awesome title but mediocre story.