Character design

JohnHKnight

Hey guys! Here is a character design about one of the characters of my book, "Montgomery and Carano" (https://www.scribblehub.com/series/179870/montgomery-and-carano/).
Her name is Rose and the picture was drawn by my girlfriend, who also made my cover art as her digital art practice (she is pretty new at it).

What do y'all think?
received_1495454713988880.jpeg

Attachments

• received_1495454713988880.jpeg
    received_1495454713988880.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 66

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
Hey guys! Here is a character design about one of the characters of my book, "Montgomery and Carano" (https://www.scribblehub.com/series/179870/montgomery-and-carano/).
Her name is Rose and the picture was drawn by my girlfriend, who also made my cover art as her digital art practice (she is pretty new at it).

What do y'all think?
View attachment 4259
I’m not an artist, but it looks really good to me. She has that “I’ll take the house, the kids, the dog, your pension, child support, and alimony” look to her. A true villain.

JohnHKnight

She sort of looks like Chloe Grace Moretz. Presides from that it's some great drawing there, wish I could do art like that!
Chloe Grace Moretz was the model for the picture, good catch. Turns out artist usually don't draw faces out of nowhere, they use references. New to me but I'm stuck at stickfigures.

JohnHKnight

I’m not an artist, but it looks really good to me. She has that “I’ll take the house, the kids, the dog, your pension, child support, and alimony” look to her. A true villain.
She is not a villain by any means, but she is smart and mean enough to take all of those things and half of the soul of the ex-husband, too. So basically that's what we were aiming for.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
Very shiny :blob_happy:
But yes, very nice, compliments to your girlfriend.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Does she do commissions by any chance? If so, what are her rates? I don't really have money to spare right now, but I do expect my financial situation to change eventually and I like keeping a running list of people I might work with someday.

JohnHKnight

Does she do commissions by any chance? If so, what are her rates? I don't really have money to spare right now, but I do expect my financial situation to change eventually and I like keeping a running list of people I might work with someday.
She does although she doesn't have a rate yet because she just started the whole thing, she never even touched digital art tools until a few months ago. You can find her on Instagram under the name "Overcomplicatedapplepie".

Ral

Really great! She got skills!

My major crit would be that, it looks like she just darken the colors for the shadows which results to a dull shading.

Still, it is a really awesome drawing. A very great job.

JohnHKnight

Really great! She got skills!

My major crit would be that, it looks like she just darken the colors for the shadows which results to a dull shading.

Still, it is a really awesome drawing. A very great job.
I will take your word for it, I have no idea about the technicalities. But I'm glad you like it in general.

Ral

Behold!
Here is an illustration for Montgomery and Carano (https://www.scribblehub.com/series/179870/montgomery-and-carano/) in progress.

View attachment 4391
Wow. Really nice. I really like the woman's hair.

Okay, another crit. The guy's perspective is kinda wonky. His upper portion is drawn like he is behind the chair, but the middle portion looks like he leaning or partially phasing through the chair at his feet he looks like he is beside the chair almost in the front. It really looks weird similar to this painting:

JohnHKnight

Well it is in progress, so I'm sure perspectives and everything gonna be okay at the end. I cannot see the picture you tried to share though.

Hey there! Here is the aforementioned "girlfriend". I just made an account so I can thank you all for the nice words. (Seriously, it means a lot, these were the most and best reactions what I ever got anywhere, yet)
And thank you Ral! I'm always glad if someone can actually point out some mistakes, I really need to know about them since I'm still just learning and I can't see them when I'm drawing. So it's really helpful, thanks!! I hope I managed to fix the problem already, but I will see how it's coming together at the end.