Character suggestion for my card game?

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
A man in foreskin kigurumi.

"You won't like it when I get hard!"

K_Jira

I always like the sound of joker or judge characters. Their ability can be variant but I know they're going to be powerful. Well, it's just my personal preference lol. Maybe something like this?

Joker: Can copy any attack permanently as long as it hit him and he lives through it. Have a twin Black Joker who will switch with him when he is on the brink of death. Black Joker is 10 times stronger than him with unlimited HP, but can only be used for a period of time. The amount of damage he receives will be the amount of HP he heals the original Joker when his time is up.

Judge: A one-time used character per battle. The damage he gives will be equal to the total damage the player receives throughout the battle.

I'm not that creative, but please don't mind me pitching in :blob_evil_two:

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
A Griffin that you can have another card ride and the Griffin has like that pokemon ability Rough Skin

Rainbowhero

How about an immortal lich? Every fantasy has this one.

He was a curious young man that became so absorbed by his research that he obtained the ultimate form after 80 years.
Kinda what the Grim reaper's intern is in practice, although she's more in tune with death rather than changing it.
I always like the sound of joker or judge characters. Their ability can be variant but I know they're going to be powerful. Well, it's just my personal preference lol. Maybe something like this?

Joker: Can copy any attack permanently as long as it hit him and he lives through it. Have a twin Black Joker who will switch with him when he is on the brink of death. Black Joker is 10 times stronger than him with unlimited HP, but can only be used for a period of time. The amount of damage he receives will be the amount of HP he heals the original Joker when his time is up.

Judge: A one-time used character per battle. The damage he gives will be equal to the total damage the player receives throughout the battle.

I'm not that creative, but please don't mind me pitching in :blob_evil_two:
I actually have a joker character!
He's a brawler character that can reflect attacks back towards his enemies, and fought his way out of an arena that he was born and forced to fight in from birth. after being forced to fight and kill his brother that he had always fought his enemies with, he falls into a rage that causes him to slaughter all the guards, freeing everyone in the process. He dedicates his life to removing slavery and breaking the bonds of those forced into undesired servitude, he pulls in rocks to cover his skin when he fights, that act as guards for when he is in battle similar to how people wrap their fists in wrestling to prevent cuts to their hands. He creates a symbol of two bound chains grasping each other in companionship for his own unique faction. My favorite character right now besides Mara!

although the judge idea is unique, I don't really know what exactly you meant with it, can you rephrase it?
A Griffin that you can have another card ride and the Griffin has like that pokemon ability Rough Skin
well, I did originally create the game to be custom, I might use this later as a base for a unique race.
A man in foreskin kigurumi.

"You won't like it when I get hard!"
No, I'm trying to make it for a younger audience.
still, I also do have a character that get's stronger with punishment...
A tattooed rune mage with the tattoos obviously being runes, I think you can have a great ethnic style character designed from this concept like a gypsy looking guy/girl
I actually have 3 characters that kinda have that, but they vary in form from character to character.

Last edited:

Ninini

Brick using mage hand to flip you off.

”I learnt magic to solely do this.”

Debuffer or range mage.

K_Jira

although the judge idea is unique, I don't really know what exactly you meant with it, can you rephrase it?
So the judge character can only be used once in a battle. Like an ult card. For example, the player has lost 999 HP in the battle. When this character is taken out, it will give the opponent 999 damage in return. But after that, the character won't be able to be deployed again in that particular battle. When the player enters another battle, it can then be reused.

Sorry for the late reply, didn't see the notification.

Dudealien

Pepsiman is my stand
I'm creating a card game, and I'm using characters that I've created before from games that I've created the idea for but have no hope (right now) of creating it into a game. instead, I'm repurposing them into unlockable characters. I don't need a full-blown character, just give me an idea of a personality and a build, and I'll build from there. I've just run out of ideas for right now, I only have 1 healer, 1 alchemist, 1 tank, 2 summoners (With 2 completely different strategies obviously), 2 rogues, and 1 brawler, although the brawler in question needs to take a chill pill.

Edit: The 2 rogues are different in that one uses a gun and the other is built on getting up close and personal

also, I forgot I had a character who is more of a charmer build, and forgot to include her in this count.

I'm also micro editing this comment for grammar mistakes

just as a massive edit that will help the reader and any who join in to find out what I already have by including my little summary text for the character, but I'll include their nickname and occasionally their name if I've already written about them before. Spoilers for some of my stories included (Sorry!)
“The Anomaly”
Mara “The grim reaper's intern, she’s all we could afford”
Puppetmaster “Don’t try to cut his strings…”
Alvar “The Severely Depressed Guardian” (A possessed tower shield)
Eir “Mechic” (Mix between a mechanic and a medic, she's the person that fixes people and machines, strangely have no machines yet)
Skid “Personal Problem Solver” (I don't even want to explain this guy)
Lilitya “The Rose Blade”
Kora “You and What Army?”
Rosalind “The Experiment” (She's the alchemist character that I mentioned in another response, she was a medical researcher experimenting in synthetic stem cells, her attacks deal a mix of poison and random effects)

suggestions in consideration
"Ice Witch"- I like the idea of a lady that is a witch and isn't being burned at the stake.
Ava "Face the music" is my own suggestion here, but I'm still torn on this one.
Aina (But good god am I gonna need to nerf her.)
Aerith Aleister( I needed a gunner character, not expecting a full military trained character)
Heavenly Demon
Can’t be killed, when it like destroys opponent thing it comes to your side

Tri

How about making a character that is the opposite of their appearance? Like a forest elf with plant motif that turns up to be a fire mage. Or a smol cat that turns up to be a really great healer. Or my personal favourite, a tall buff guy with giant sword at the back turns up to be the best lawyer for the nine realms.

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
A fourth wall breaker named Xavier Matrix.

A guy who was born into a mage family with an unknown affinity called the fourth wall so he was always conscious of it and tries to interact with it. He's a pretty crazy guy who will always joke around related to the fourth wall but deep inside he always despised the fourth wall.

Due to his unknown affinity, he was always mocked by people around him and he knows they only do this because of the 'plot' of the 'book' which makes him a very unstable character.

abilities-
Book of wisdom- will read the advanced pages of the 'book' so that he will know the next future events that will happen. He can predict the opponent's next move and will try to counter it.
Agreement- he will make a deal with the author of the 'book' so that he could change the 'plot'. It also reduces some of his hp for the exchange (you can decide how much)
Plot armour- when he is losing, the author will pull out a 'plot armour' that will increase his capabilities to the point that it may seem impossible to achieve in his current state.
Reviews- if someone reviews the 'book' with a five star then the author will be happy and will make Xavier appear overpowered in the next few chaps and if someone reviews the 'book' with one star then the author will be depressed and one ailment will affect Xavier. Luck-based skill.

Dunno if you still take characters but here you go. If you make a confirmation then I'll add more later. Try to say what character you want I'll try to create them in my limited imagination.

Rainbowhero

A fourth wall breaker named Xavier Matrix.

A guy who was born into a mage family with an unknown affinity called the fourth wall so he was always conscious of it and tries to interact with it. He's a pretty crazy guy who will always joke around related to the fourth wall but deep inside he always despised the fourth wall.

Due to his unknown affinity, he was always mocked by people around him and he knows they only do this because of the 'plot' of the 'book' which makes him a very unstable character.

abilities-
Book of wisdom- will read the advanced pages of the 'book' so that he will know the next future events that will happen. He can predict the opponent's next move and will try to counter it.
Agreement- he will make a deal with the author of the 'book' so that he could change the 'plot'. It also reduces some of his hp for the exchange (you can decide how much)
Plot armour- when he is losing, the author will pull out a 'plot armour' that will increase his capabilities to the point that it may seem impossible to achieve in his current state.
Reviews- if someone reviews the 'book' with a five star then the author will be happy and will make Xavier appear overpowered in the next few chaps and if someone reviews the 'book' with one star then the author will be depressed and one ailment will affect Xavier. Luck-based skill.

Dunno if you still take characters but here you go. If you make a confirmation then I'll add more later. Try to say what character you want I'll try to create them in my limited imagination.
I've been off for a little while since my computer recently broke. I don't really want a fourth wall breaker, as that means that you have to make a character have a unique dialogue with every person, and wouldn't be fun.
also this is a game, so there might already be some references with every character
How about making a character that is the opposite of their appearance? Like a forest elf with plant motif that turns up to be a fire mage. Or a smol cat that turns up to be a really great healer. Or my personal favourite, a tall buff guy with giant sword at the back turns up to be the best lawyer for the nine realms.
I like the idea, but I think that making a character that looks like a tank, and acts as a healer would be funny.
Heavenly Demon
Can’t be killed, when it like destroys opponent thing it comes to your side
I'm gonna need more explanation than that...
So the judge character can only be used once in a battle. Like an ult card. For example, the player has lost 999 HP in the battle. When this character is taken out, it will give the opponent 999 damage in return. But after that, the character won't be able to be deployed again in that particular battle. When the player enters another battle, it can then be reused.

Sorry for the late reply, didn't see the notification.
A instakill character that only instakills when killed would be a little difficult to balance
Brick using mage hand to flip you off.

”I learnt magic to solely do this.”

Debuffer or range mage.
A literal guy that actively acts like a jerk while being a mage, seems simple enough

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Santa claus. I bring you a gift. My gift is pain.

Every ability he has rewards and punishes the enemy. Like you do damage, but the enemy also had to draw a card. For pushing card death on people.
Look at INSCRYPTION and a game on steam called ICY. The combat system on ICY is fascinating.