cliché love tropes

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
you guys know any overused romance used hundreds of times? Like childhood friends, stalkers, etc?

Generik0

Tsundere Brats

MC is outcast

Interrupted Kisses

MC being assaulted by FL

MC being dense/acting clueless about another person's love and focuses on the main female lead.

Harem

Misunderstandings

Childhood friend loses

Beach Episodes

Love Triangle?

Indecisive MC

Unnecessary Drama( Although I like Drama Heavy Romance)

Some scenes happening on school rooftops even though Japanese Schools lock the doors to the rooftops to avoid chances of accidents and suicides.

Nosebleeds

Pervert best friend/ fun-loving best friend

Black Hole MCs

Pervert moments

Everything High School( I don't find it annoying)

FMC is always reincarnated to villainess, a side character, mini-boss.

Last edited:

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
basically every ML in shoujo and josei stories

cold/ice cube personality
prince/CEO/bloodthirsty general/super ultra powerful person with mega super mysterious and powerful background
is hornier than a teenage boy in the depths of puberty
cannot comprehend the meaning of "no" at all.
does not even know the concept of consent exists and thinks that he just needs to fuck his chosen heroine until she surrenders and likes it.
possessive, controlling and easily jealous at the mere sight of another male within a kilometre of the FL yet gets amused (sometimes) when the FL has to deal with all the crazy women that want to be ML's cocksleeve.
and so on and so forth repeated ad nauseum.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
you guys know any overused romance used hundreds of times? Like childhood friends, stalkers, etc?
basically every ML in shoujo and josei stories

cold/ice cube personality
prince/CEO/bloodthirsty general/super ultra powerful person with mega super mysterious and powerful background
is hornier than a teenage boy in the depths of puberty
cannot comprehend the meaning of "no" at all.
does not even know the concept of consent exists and thinks that he just needs to fuck his chosen heroine until she surrenders and likes it.
possessive, controlling and easily jealous at the mere sight of another male within a kilometre of the FL yet gets amused (sometimes) when the FL has to deal with all the crazy women that want to be ML's cocksleeve.
and so on and so forth repeated ad nauseum.
Someone should make a parody where two CEO fight it out. One looks like Danny devito other is normal.
But Danny devito has more self awareness and occasionally feels guilty.

Like mid way through the story the epic realisation that both treat her the same way.

Localforeigner

If I had a nickel for everytime I feel like fist fighting a Tsundere at an open Tesco parking lot in a 2pm summer, I'd be buying that same Tesco just so I could fist fight more Tsunderes.

I fucking hate Tsunderes.
This really made me laugh!

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Someone should make a parody where two CEO fight it out. One looks like Danny devito other is normal.
But Danny devito has more self awareness and occasionally feels guilty.

Like mid way through the story the epic realisation that both treat her the same way.
Fuck it just make BLs of two Danny DeVitos falling with each other. If we could CGI facial hair off Henry Cavil we could do it for our favourite Hollywood midget

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
Fuck it just make BLs of two Danny DeVitos falling with each other. If we could CGI facial hair off Henry Cavil we could do it for our favourite Hollywood midget
That is the twist ending. The girl in the end decides. Why is she saying no exactly. Danny devito is a old man who would die in a decade anyway. She is going to marry him and cheat and then divorce him if he finds out.

erintesden

If I had a nickel for everytime I feel like fist fighting a Tsundere at an open Tesco parking lot in a 2pm summer, I'd be buying that same Tesco just so I could fist fight more Tsunderes.

I fucking hate Tsunderes.
You ar like my spirit animal or something because I feel just the same. I just can't endure how abusive they can be.

If they are those types of Tsunderes who just are shy and deny her feelings at first, that's fine. I found them kind of adorable.

But the moment they start abuse their supossed lover both physically and verbally, tats when I get down the train. That shit is toxic and people just accept it because those characters are girls. If they were boys people would be whining about it, and with reason.

Stupid double standards.

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
Tsundere Brats

MC is outcast

Interrupted Kisses

MC being assaulted by FL

MC being dense/acting clueless about another person's love and focuses on the main female lead.

Harem

Misunderstandings

Childhood friend loses

Beach Episodes

Love Triangle?

Indecisive MC

Unnecessary Drama( Although I like Drama Heavy Romance)

Some scenes happening on school rooftops even though Japanese Schools lock the doors to the rooftops to avoid chances of accidents and suicides.

Nosebleeds

Pervert best friend/ fun-loving best friend

Black Hole MCs

Pervert moments

Everything High School( I don't find it annoying)

FMC is always reincarnated to villainess, a side character, mini-boss.
can you elaborate about the black hole MCs. Are you talking about someone with huge appetite?

D

Deleted member 45782

Badboys
Rich CEOs
Guy treated mc like shit and didn't care about them before and now story shifts to them forgiving and falling in love said character

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Considering that everyone has childhood friends (Ai-chan doesn't know anyone who doesn't) and that sociopaths make up 10% of humans (and can become stalkers), this trope is not overused at all.

In fact, it is underused! Everyone is using the same basic template. Branch out, slap a bitch, bite a tiger, make the trope yours.

bigbear51

It's funny to see the many tropes of romance, then realizing just how many I either don't mind or enjoy.