Clickable Reader Count / New Reader Notifications

PunishedKom

Excluding people who keep their reading lists hidden, can we get a clickable reader count similar to most sites wherey ou click the amount of followers someone has and you can look through all the users? The only way to see it as far as I'm aware is from the recent readers which only displays a whopping 15 names. Additionally, we get notifications if someone follows us, so why not when we get a new reader? Of course you could disable these notifications if you'd like, but I'm sure a lot of authors would appreciate the option to be notified or not.

A side note. I know most of Tony's time is going to an app, but when was the last new feature to this site even added? I've been here for four months and I'm curious because I genuinely don't know when this site was changed last. I worry that typing in this forum is like the equivalent of submitting a form into a suggestion box that leads straight to the garbage can lol

Napelynn

That seems fine, especially if the setting is toggleable. But, I don’t know why you would want to know exactly who all your readers are... and you would probably get too many notifications.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I don't know about you but if the setting ever arrives, the option will stay disabled in my settings and will probably remain that way forever. To me, there's just no point knowing who bookmarked your story just to see the 1/? for the umteenth time this week.

TunTun

No, I would get around +200 notifications every time I release a new novel. Then another +20 every time I publish a chapter. This is not even counting message notifications...

No, just no.

PunishedKom

Not sure why everyone is so against it, it’s a common feature of just about every social site in existence and I even proposed a way to turn it off.

As to why someone would want to see their readers, when looking at recent readers sometimes there’s a surprising name. It would be interesting to see them all and potentially be like wait, that person reads my stuff?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
A side note. I know most of Tony's time is going to an app, but when was the last new feature to this site even added? I've been here for four months and I'm curious because I genuinely don't know when this site was changed last. I worry that typing in this forum is like the equivalent of submitting a form into a suggestion box that leads straight to the garbage can lol
See this: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/change-log.313/