Clothes Shopping

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
When do you normally buy clothes and how much do you normally spend? Is there a brand or store that you regularly go to?

I often find that I shop for clothes once a year or so.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I forgot. Shows how much I care about fashion.

All I buy are t-shirts that are rather plain that I wear year round. Shorts if its hot, long pants if it's cold. A sweater over my t-shirts if it's chilly, and if it's cold, a jacket over the sweater too.

Luosiuwu

I buy in bulk so, probably either twice or three times a year. I do it in the beginning, middle, and end of the year. Half of the time I’m not particularly worried about spending galore on clothes, but it’s nice to treat yourself once in a while. :)

steryx

Rarely buy fashionable and branded ones. As long its cheap and wearable, its fine by me. Though, the shoes on the other hand...

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Once in a blue moon. I keep clothes for a long, long time, and mostly just receive bulk hand-me-downs when my elderly aunts clear out their wardrobes. Still wearing cardigans I had when I was ten.

I only buy new clothes if I need an occasion piece or come across something I love. I have a tendency to buy from charity shops, as well - you can get trendy up-to-date pieces for cheap and have a better idea of how they're going to fit you when you get them.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
I buy a couple of new articles of clothing every few months, shoes every six months, and accessories whenever something catches my eye. Each trip usually totals up to $75, so I spend around $450 every year unless I splurge on something like a new coat or jacket which usually lasts a couple of years. Rack and second hand stores are my go to for casual fashion, bulk market stores are also wonderful places to shop at. I don't buy any individual piece of clothing over $20 because thats hella out of my price range.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
When do you normally buy clothes and how much do you normally spend? Is there a brand or store that you regularly go to?

I often find that I shop for clothes once a year or so.
Meh. I dont care for brands but i like deep colors and form fitting clothes. Dont want shit hanging off me. And i wouldnt say i care for fashion either. But at least i try making myself look decent. Usually a simple pair of jeans, a shirt and a coat are enough for me when i go out

I would notmally spend at least 80-100$ on clothes.

AlwaysxDreaming

I love clothes and I dont care about brands. You'll catch me at H&M, Amazon, Aliexpress, F21Red, Tilly's, Boohoo, PrettyLittleThing, Target, etc.

I'd say I buy at least 1-2 clothing items minimum every month. I already bought four things this January, overall around $80 on clothes this month.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
I bought some nice clothes from Zaful, honey really did save me a lot of money with the promotion code.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
If something catches my eye, I buy it. More or less, I'm also this:
I keep clothes for a long, long time
Also, I work at a very casual place so they don't even care if you wear stuff you wear at home. Plus side, it's beside where I live. At the very least, I don't wear PJs to work.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I keep my clothes for a long time and almost never buy new ones... And when I do go buy them, I usually go to a big store that has cheap prices near home.

I don't care too much for fashion, brands and what not either, I just need to like the clothes and I end up buying them.... Though I usually only go buy them when I feel I actually need new clothes... Which is rare.

Rinne

Professional Headpatter
For pants—or rather jeans—I usually just go to whatever close by store exists. There's not exactly a lot of difference between them anyway, outside of "does it sit well?"
For shirts, I have amassed a whole collection of Hard Rock shirts over the years, and they are usually good enough.

I'm not the type to overly care about fashion, as long as it fits, is comfy and I don't look like a misplaced lighthouse, that's fine to me. That said, some of my shirts and pants are so old they're falling apart at the seams. As long as it's still wearable, I'm wearing it. Only wearing those at home, though.

I do have a bunch of weeb shirts that I'm wearing mostly at home or on conventions, but they're about the only stuff I consciously care about. Oh, and my leather jacket. Because it's cool.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
For pants—or rather jeans—I usually just go to whatever close by store exists. There's not exactly a lot of difference between them anyway, outside of "does it sit well?"
For shirts, I have amassed a whole collection of Hard Rock shirts over the years, and they are usually good enough.

I'm not the type to overly care about fashion, as long as it fits, is comfy and I don't look like a misplaced lighthouse, that's fine to me. That said, some of my shirts and pants are so old they're falling apart at the seams. As long as it's still wearable, I'm wearing it. Only wearing those at home, though.

I do have a bunch of weeb shirts that I'm wearing mostly at home or on conventions, but they're about the only stuff I consciously care about. Oh, and my leather jacket. Because it's cool.
Leather is always the way to go for jackets. Get that flimsy ass vinyl shit outta here, right? Looks nice but tears about as easy as damp paper in my experience

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
I wear jeans and plain shirts most days, with a jacket or flannel shirt to wear as well. In other words, I'm incredibly basic. Because of this, I spend relatively little on clothes because what I want is relatively easy to find.

A.P.R.L.

I love dresses and high heels, though the latter I use mostly in more formal occasions. I don't care much for fashion but I like being fashionable, if that makes sense? I have my own style, so whenever I go shopping I always go to the same shops and buy a few things every now and then. Accesories I don't wear much unless it's earrings, and I tend to go for cutesy stuff.
My go-to shops are Springfield, H&M and Forever 21, so money wise I don't spend that much, though I like try on clothes more than I should.
I think all in all I spend 80-100$ on clothing? But I buy a lot and always wear everything I have, matching different sets for different occasions.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i don't. all of my clothes are complementary t-shirts i get either from camps, work, marathons or lucky draws.

before that i wore hand-me-downs. the only time i ever brought clothes was a sweater for a wedding, and now it rests in my poodle's cage as his blanket

SternenklarenRitter

Grandma never let me buy my own clothes. She's in a nursing home now but I just wear grandpa's old wardrobe. Never once bought clothes in 34 years of life.

Oreo

I don't normally buy clothes often but when I do, I do it carefully.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I rarely buy clothes because most of the clothes I wore when I was 14 still fit. If I have to buy clothes, I usually go to the nearest thrift shop and see what's there for cheap. The only article of clothing I need to buy regularly is shoes. Once every 2 years, I'll throw out my cheap worn-out shoes and buy another pair of cheap shoes to wear out over the next 2 years. I can never understand the people who purchase brand new overpriced shoes like Jordan's or expensive clothes like supreme. It's not a status symbol... Unless that status screams out "I am a douche"

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
I'm a pre-loved and vintage fan. I'll buy off ebay, sometimes charity shops if I happen to see something good (i'm always in for the books and furniture, so I check the clothes too). I make my own if I can't find it anywhere and have made corsets, coats, and dresses. My style is somewhere between goth and dark mori-kei mostly, when I'm not just lazily rockin' the jeans and jumper look, so pieces are random and picked up when I see them. I don't (won't) spend much. I live in one pair of Doc Marten's and one pair of brogue boots. (not at same time, I don't have 4 legs).