Resolved Cloudflare blocking RSS feeds

Evie11

My RSS reader broke for Scribble Hub today as Cloudflare has started enforcing it's browser check on it... If possible it would be great if the RSS feed could be exempted from Cloudflare 😄

If it's helpful, in my RSS reader it says error 403 and cURL'ing the URL I just get the Cloudflare HTML for checking your browser.

Agentt

Thighs
Same...i can't access SH from duckduckgo now because of that

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Bro I have been having the same problem, you think Tony can do anything about it?

Zakuro

Crushed Pomegranate

Tony

Staff member
I’ll now be trying to find my novel there :blob_sir:

My RSS reader broke for Scribble Hub today as Cloudflare has started enforcing it's browser check on it... If possible it would be great if the RSS feed could be exempted from Cloudflare 😄

If it's helpful, in my RSS reader it says error 403 and cURL'ing the URL I just get the Cloudflare HTML for checking your browser.

Yeah, Cloudflare also killed @Voice the TTS reader I use on Android.

Bro I have been having the same problem, you think Tony can do anything about it?

Can you try again and let me know if it's working now?

Mihou

Firefly—
I noticed just earlier that Amelia (a Discord bot designed specifically for ScribbleHub RSS) is suddenly receiving Forbidden status codes on all series RSS feeds (e.g. https://www.scribblehub.com/rssfeed.php?type=series&sid=399589) and even the browser is denied access. Has the RSS feed for novels been removed or is this a misconfiguration? (since I can't find the RSS feed icon on the Series page as well).

Tony

Staff member
I noticed just earlier that Amelia (a Discord bot designed specifically for ScribbleHub RSS) is suddenly receiving Forbidden status codes on all series RSS feeds (e.g. https://www.scribblehub.com/rssfeed.php?type=series&sid=399589) and even the browser is denied access. Has the RSS feed for novels been removed or is this a misconfiguration? (since I can't find the RSS feed icon on the Series page as well).

Sorry but individual RSS feeds has been removed from the novel pages for months (or has it been a year already?) now and I just officially blocked it now. If you want RSS feeds for what you're reading, it's best to grab it from your reading list: https://www.scribblehub.com/reading-list/

It's started working again for me now! :blob_party:

That's good to know. Thanks for confirming it.

Mihou

Firefly—
Sorry but individual RSS feeds has been removed from the novel pages for months (or has it been a year already?) now and I just officially blocked it now. If you want RSS feeds for what you're reading, it's best to grab it from your reading list: https://www.scribblehub.com/reading-list/
Thanks for the heads-up! 💝

I'll be adjusting the bot to prevent flooding the individual RSS feeds to reduce bandwidth usage on my side as well before slowly supporting reading list feeds 😅

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Even after changing the RSS feed to my reading list, MonitoRSS still gives me error 403. Can you do something about it, Tony?

Tony

Staff member
Even after changing the RSS feed to my reading list, MonitoRSS still gives me error 403. Can you do something about it, Tony?

Can you try again? It should work now but you might have to refresh the RSS feed (This is from MonitoRSS):

Why did I get a message about a connection failure limit, or why do I see FAILED feed status? What does this mean?

If the bot is unable to successfully connect to the feed after a certain number of hours, it is declared a failure and will not be retried anymore to conserve resources. It is up to the user to determine when the feed is back up, and to refresh it with the refresh command to remove its failed status. It will then be fetched again.

Kaithar

To throw another report in the mix, I seem to be unable to access SH at all from Brave on my tablet, the CF check just loops indefinitely.

Mihou

Firefly—

Tony

Staff member
To throw another report in the mix, I seem to be unable to access SH at all from Brave on my tablet, the CF check just loops indefinitely.
It may be a case related to the server upgrade since the server is overloaded right now (https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/server-upgrade-at-11pm-mst.11200/).

As of right now, I am noticing all links hitting a 503 on my Discord bot with private browsing showing Cloudflare.

It should work now. I had to turn on Cloudflare because of all the new users. Not sure if bots followed them here too but turning Cloudflare helped a lot.

Anyways, I just upgraded the server so it should be fine now. If you run into any other problems, let me know.

Kaithar

It should work now. I had to turn on Cloudflare because of all the new users. Not sure if bots followed them here too but turning Cloudflare helped a lot.

Anyways, I just upgraded the server so it should be fine now. If you run into any other problems, let me know.
Can confirm it's working normally for me now.
Bah, badly behaved bots give the polite and well behaved ones a bad rep :(