Comic Commissions

TakaBAE

Hi! Takabe here, a comic artist and illustrator. I am looking forward to working with an author to make his/her comic. Since it's new year, I will charge $40 a page, so each chapter will be around $1200.
However there is a plot twist, the first 3 chapters I will draw for $1500 over a course of 2&½ months. But I want the money upfront so I can prepare for the comic, buy materials, digital and traditional since it will be a big project which will go for months.

Payment would be through PayPal

[If the payment doesn't go and gets on hold, then we do International Money Express]
My contacts are below and I will leave a few examples of art as well nemu and proceed and then My discord would be: Takabe#0461
My twitter is @KissouNamai.
Untitled103_20220909101429~2.png

Untitled321_20221210131001~2.png
page1.jpg
page2.png
Untitled103_20220909101533.png
Untitled264_20221016080938~2.png
Untitled313_20221114213448.png

melchi

What is a custom title?
That is a really big ask. Also, the last artist I dealt with did 50% up front. Then submitted a draft, adjusted as needed, and upon the rest of the payment finalized it.

TakaBAE

That is a really big ask. Also, the last artist I dealt with did 50% up front. Then submitted a draft, adjusted as needed, and upon the rest of the payment finalized it.
I can work with 50% upfront as well, it doesn't matter if the person is refusing to do a 100% upfront. I can adjust the pricing as well but it's 3 chapters of work so it's almost like 3.6k USD for all 3 which you're getting for less than half the price as the first task. The project also requires software purchases and b5 papers which are hard to get in the market here.
I guess I could do 50% upfront and 50% after the manuscript.
Most of the top work are manuscripts like the last image.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Hmm...
What's off limits in terms of content and genre?

EDIT: I just wanted to add, the ask you're making is something a lot of people won't be able to do easily. Firstly 1.5K USD, (I'm assuming it's US dollars) isn't an amount PayPal will allow via credit card (believe me I've done that before) unless it's a well known vendor, and second, what you've posted as your Twitter and Ko-fi connected to that Twitter isn't enough of a reputation to warrant that sort of money through a private transaction. Not to mention It'll be hard to track you down if you're in Japan if you just disappear for whatever reason.

There might be someone who will be up for it, but even with it being 2,100 discount (and I'm someone who normally pays upfront anyway), that's still a large requirement of trust. 50% up front is still 750.

I understand this is still a large discount compared to what a professional artist will charge.

However, a professional artist has a much larger portfolio and several client recommendations. Not to mention they will likely also have a website, business address and will use a website like Fiver, SKEB or something to get clients first before the client searches them out to do direct commissions (I've done that before).

Anyway. I do hope you can find a client. I was thinking of taking a chance and making you draw something from literotica for fun but realized my PayPal has my real name on it -_- and I want to stay anonymous.

Last edited: