Looking for Work (Closed) Commissions for art covers [Price Range $5 - $20]

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player

Need Art Work? I'm Here to Help!
Hey there!~

The name's Phantomheart, I'm not only an author here on the site, but I'm also a digital artist, and I'm here to offer you my services. :blob_sir:

What exactly do I do?
I make digital art, and can make large canvas versions that can be reduced in resolution to fit with Scribble Hub's pixel recommendations. I do all the work myself: sketching, line-work, and coloring -- nothing is spared on my chopping block, trust me. I can get you results quickly as each piece only takes me around an hour to two hours to make.

What does my art look like?
Here are some examples of my head shots:

Here are some examples of my half body shots:

And finally, here are examples of my full body shots:

Only one of these so far have been book covers, so I hope you can still give me the chance to work with you :)
How do you commission me?
Name/Username:
Story name:
Request of image:
References if Any:
Additional text:

Other:
Note: references are sample images of what you need drawn, in case you already have a sketch of the character of how you want the cover to look like, please put these images here, as they'll give me a better outline to adhere to while composing your work :)
You can submit your request under this thread or if you prefer a more private setting, please contact my business email: [email protected]

What are my prices?
My prices are the same as the image that headed this thread.

Head Shots are $5

Half Body Shots are $10
Full Body Shots are $15

Note: I had some previous complexities with this format, so I fixed it as of 4/20/19, as of then, backgrounds are free, so have no worry over any additional prices. What you see is what you get, please make sure to describe in detail what you are requesting in your form in consideration of what you desire.

Head shots are anywhere in the range between the top of the head of the character to the bust.
Half body shots range from the top of the head to the bottom to middle torso of a character's body -- the groin region
Full body shots range from the top of the head to the very bottoms of the character's feet, including accessories, clothing and whatever the sort.

Do I charge any additional prices?
As of 4/20/19, I do not charge any additional prices and only have three options available for the consumer. The only way additional prices will be involved are if you desire multiple characters in one piece, in which you would just be paying an additional $5 per character added to the piece besides the original.
My Terms and Conditions or TERMS OF SERVICE
I do take some time creating these, so here are my terms and conditions that you are agreeing to in turn for requesting my services.
  1. I have until a month's time (31 days) to fulfill this agreement once the payment is through to finish your piece, usually I finish these way before my deadline, however life does happen, and I am not a full-time author nor artist, so I would appreciate your patience.
  2. Works must be paid in half before I start, and must be fully paid at the end to receive the finished artwork. Thank you to @DaoFox to suggesting this :blob_cookie::blob_highfive::blob_teehee:
  3. I reserve the right to refuse any request that I deem inappropriate. It is nothing personal, but sometimes I am uncomfortable with drawing certain images, and as such do not desire to accept them.

Make sure to type
    "dust bunny" in your request so that I know you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.

Last edited:

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
My question is this: Why do you have both white and black text in your post? No matter what theme someone looking at this is on, they're gonna be straining their eyes to read this...

DaoFox

『Silkmaid』『Queen Sylvia Glasscrest of Arya』
My question is this: Why do you have both white and black text in your post? No matter what theme someone looking at this is on, they're gonna be straining their eyes to read this...
its because they used font colours for most text but not all. on default mode the text is all black, except in default dark the only text without colour coding turns white to compensate as dictated by the theme s you get mixed.

edit: As for the service the prices don't really match my expectations of the results. Art is unfortunately a prime example of "you are paid for the results, not for the time you invested" and for similar prices there are a lot of top tier artists to pick from. you need to convince people why they should commission you and not someone else. None of my ideas are "simple" or they would be so common that I could just grab an image from google, yet you would charge me extra because it took you longer than normal to include those details, instead of accounting for them from the beginning.

Your banner alone makes it hard to tell how much you are actually getting from each tier. Every picture includes stuff that wouldn't normally be there and the art looks like it could use a final once over to smooth out the piece's overall quality. e.g: all 4 of those pictures include "scene" elements, otherwise called "borders/backgrounds". do we get just the head in headshot or will that also involve random extras like the flowers and branches that surround it as long as they are not "complex"?

Last edited:

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
its because they used font colours for most text but not all. on default mode the text is all black, except in default dark the only text without colour coding turns white to compensate as dictated by the theme s you get mixed.

edit: As for the service the prices don't really match my expectations of the results. Art is unfortunately a prime example of "you are paid for the results, not for the time you invested" and for similar prices there are a lot of top tier artists to pick from. you need to convince people why they should commission you and not someone else. None of my ideas are "simple" or they would be so common that I could just grab an image from google, yet you would charge me extra because it took you longer than normal to include those details, instead of accounting for them from the beginning.

Your banner alone makes it hard to tell how much you are actually getting from each tier. Every picture includes stuff that wouldn't normally be there and the art looks like it could use a final once over to smooth out the piece's overall quality. e.g: all 4 of those pictures include "scene" elements, otherwise called "borders/backgrounds". do we get just the head in headshot or will that also involve random extras like the flowers and branches that surround it as long as they are not "complex"?
Thank you so much for your feedback! I've done commissions before on deviant art so I was ready to copy most of my portfolio from there onto this thread, but I found out that there was a limitation on images, leading to the time stamps to compensate. I'll definitely rework the sample images and probably rework my prices as well to make things much more concise, removing the entire background fiasco out of the way.

DaoFox

『Silkmaid』『Queen Sylvia Glasscrest of Arya』
Thank you so much for your feedback! I've done commissions before on deviant art so I was ready to copy most of my portfolio from there onto this thread, but I found out that there was a limitation on images, leading to the time stamps to compensate. I'll definitely rework the sample images and probably rework my prices as well to make things much more concise, removing the entire background fiasco out of the way.
not a problem, I have a few artists I had saved for my own lists to consider for Commissions. My problem is simply trying to get responses back from the ones with no explicit service and consultations with those who do for what to expect.

additionally, while I understand you may be used to getting a full payment up front. You will often not see this happening. People are plenty put off at paying for a service before it is begun, most industries practice the 50% rule, a down payment and then the remaining balance upon completion and stipulated terms based on what an cause a person to forfeit their down payment.

a few examples from some high-tier artists on DA that I follow and how they plan/detail things:
https://www.deviantart.com/guweiz/journal/Commissions-are-CLOSED-for-now-555443954
https://www.deviantart.com/angelkite/journal/Commissions-closed-492356834
https://www.deviantart.com/teaserd/journal/Commission-status-OPEN-634976759

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
not a problem, I have a few artists I had saved for my own lists to consider for Commissions. My problem is simply trying to get responses back from the ones with no explicit service and consultations with those who do for what to expect.

additionally, while I understand you may be used to getting a full payment up front. You will often not see this happening. People are plenty put off at paying for a service before it is begun, most industries practice the 50% rule, a down payment and then the remaining balance upon completion and stipulated terms based on what an cause a person to forfeit their down payment.

a few examples from some high-tier artists on DA that I follow and how they plan/detail things:
https://www.deviantart.com/guweiz/journal/Commissions-are-CLOSED-for-now-555443954
https://www.deviantart.com/angelkite/journal/Commissions-closed-492356834
https://www.deviantart.com/teaserd/journal/Commission-status-OPEN-634976759

Thank you! I'll definitely add this onto the thread :blob_evil_two: