Complete this fairy tale

Agentt

Thighs
When I was little, like 5th grade or so, I read this fanfic of a popular fairy tale. The author had mixed 2 famous fairy tales.

Here are the summary of the originals

1. A fox sees a grape vine. He tries to eat them but they are out of his reach. He gives up by saying-

"Who even wants to eat grapes? They are sour."

Moral: Losers make excuses.

2. A wood cutter was cutting a thick log of wood. He got tired midway and decided to take a rest, leaving the axe there. A monkey comes, fooling around and the axe accidentally falls on his tail, cutting it.

Moral: Foolish people cause harm to themselves

And the fanfic the author wrote was this

Once a fox passes through a grape vine. A monkey, who sees this asks the fox to eat the grapes hanging. The fox says
"I don't like grapes, since they are sour."

To this, the monkey replies,
"Haha, I knew you would say that. My mother told me that your species are such losers that they rather make excuses than to do any work!"

To this, the fox says
"Well, my mother told me that your species is so foolish you people keep on cutting your tails!"

Due to this, a fight begins between both and....

That's all.

Now your turn, what happens next?

D

Deleted member 45782

To this, I watched as the fabled characters bicker back and forth.

Well...all the better to quench my thirst.

I fluffed and cleaned up my feathers a bit and starting eating the grapes from the vineyard padio.

Wow these grapes are really sweet! More so than what that fox says. Then again, I really do dislike hoe he gave me that horrid dish plate to drink from.

Ah, let me simmer the taste of these grapes some more...

"Hey Crane! You there! Stop that. Those are my grapes!!!"

I turned around. Ah another fable character that fanfic author has isekaied into this bland world again.

Sigh.

Agentt

Thighs
To this, I watched as the fabled characters bicker back and forth.

Well...all the better to quench my thirst.

I fluffed and cleaned up my feathers a bit and starting eating the grapes from the vineyard padio.

Wow these grapes are really sweet! More so than what that fox says. Then again, I really do dislike hoe he gave me that horrid dish plate to drink from.

Ah, let me simmer the taste of these grapes some more...

"Hey Crane! You there! Stop that. Those are my grapes!!!"

I turned around. Ah another fable character that fanfic author has isekaied into this bland world again.

Sigh.
Ohmygod, I totally remember this one!
Wait a sec, I'll continue this soon.

Malonymous

The wood cutter bursts onto the scene, bringing down his axe on the dueling animals.

"Not quite the Big Bad Wolf, but you'll do!"

Moral: Don't be a talking animal near wood cutters.

Poleg

King of the birds and the fish.
When I was little, like 5th grade or so, I read this fanfic of a popular fairy tale. The author had mixed 2 famous fairy tales.

1. A fox sees a grape vine. He tries to eat them but they are out of his reach. He gives up by saying-

2. A wood cutter was cutting a thick log of wood. He got tired midway and decided to take a rest, leaving the axe there. A monkey comes, fooling around and the axe accidentally falls on his tail, cutting it.

Once a fox passes through a grape vine. A monkey, who sees this asks the fox to eat the grapes hanging. The fox says

"Haha, I knew you would say that. My mother told me that your species are such losers that they rather make excuses than to do any work!"

To this, the fox says
"Well, my mother told me that your species is so foolish you people keep on cutting your tails!"

That's all.

... The Grape owner laughs at the two fighting animals.

For truly the best problems are those that take care of themselves!

Seraiah_Writes

To this, the fox says

That's all.

As the monkey throws insulting words like rotten bananas, and as the fox keeps spouting nonsense like vomiting sour fruits, which we know they hate, an angel suddenly came from Heaven.

"Ah, guys...," said by the angel.

The angel is standing on the side of the fox and monkey who are getting aggressive as time goes by.

"Guys...," articulated by the angel.

The two are using body languages; the fox has his head proudly turned away from the monkey while one of her ears is twitching while facing the monkey; the monkey, on the other hand, due to his utter laziness, is lying down in front of the fox, supporting his head with his hand, and swaying and pointing his other hand to the fox.

"Guys, listen!" The angel warned.

The fox who does not look at the deplorable animal in front of him was further infuriated when the monkey used his feet to point at her.

As if a nerve was visibly seen on the forehead of the angel, the angel decided to punish them. The angel emitted a blinding light that was gone in three seconds.

The fox and the monkey closed their eyes, and saw the angel with large flapping wings. They were relieved. Why? If the two have something they agree on, it's that they thought that the angel would side with themselves and punish the other insolent animal.

Little did they know that the angel's job is retribution, to teach the two quarelling animals a lesson.

The angel switched the souls of two animals with each other. With a smile and while waving a hand, the angel disappeared as if nothing.

The two animals, confused, forgot the matter they were discussing about. Blankly, they went on with their own businesses.

The fox in the monkey's body played with the wood cutter's axe and got the monkey's tail cut. The monkey in the fox's body on the other hand, realizing that his own tail was cut, payed no attention as he is too tired.

They were later on switched back to their own bodies.

Double the pain for the fox and a loss tail for the monkey, this continuation of the story is so boring haha I'm sorry.

Moral: Foolishness combined with laziness will only cause more pain and loss, so man up, make truce, and fight for a better cause!
As the monkey throws insulting words like rotten bananas, and as the fox keeps spouting nonsense like vomiting sour fruits, which we know they hate, an angel suddenly came from Heaven.

"Ah, guys...," said by the angel.

The angel is standing on the side of the fox and monkey who are getting aggressive as time goes by.

"Guys...," articulated by the angel.

The two are using body languages; the fox has his head proudly turned away from the monkey while one of her ears is twitching while facing the monkey; the monkey, on the other hand, due to his utter laziness, is lying down in front of the fox, supporting his head with his hand, and swaying and pointing his other hand to the fox.

"Guys, listen!" The angel warned.

The fox who does not look at the deplorable animal in front of him was further infuriated when the monkey used his feet to point at her.

As if a nerve was visibly seen on the forehead of the angel, the angel decided to punish them. The angel emitted a blinding light that was gone in three seconds.

The fox and the monkey closed their eyes, and saw the angel with large flapping wings. They were relieved. Why? If the two have something they agree on, it's that they thought that the angel would side with themselves and punish the other insolent animal.

Little did they know that the angel's job is retribution, to teach the two quarelling animals a lesson.

The angel switched the souls of two animals with each other. With a smile and while waving a hand, the angel disappeared as if nothing.

The two animals, confused, forgot the matter they were discussing about. Blankly, they went on with their own businesses.

The fox in the monkey's body played with the wood cutter's axe and got the monkey's tail cut. The monkey in the fox's body on the other hand, realizing that his own tail was cut, payed no attention as he is too tired.

They were later on switched back to their own bodies.

Double the pain for the fox and a loss tail for the monkey, this continuation of the story is so boring haha I'm sorry.

Moral: Foolishness combined with laziness will only cause more pain and loss, so man up, make truce, and fight for a better cause!
Another moral we can get, from the angel this time: Silence speaks louder than words. More likely perhaps, if it is accompanied by a blinding light. 😅

A fox sees grape vine. The vines started to move on its own and rubbed him in his sensitive spots.

It felt good, so he kept coming back.

Moral: tentacles are good.

D

Deleted member 45782

Ohmygod, I totally remember this one!
Wait a sec, I'll continue this soon.
Yeah, these are fables, not fairy tales.
I remember a book we had that was very thick and it had many of these fables (stories with moral lessons). We duct taped its binding over the years because it was so old and falling apart. At last, we threw it away when we moved cause can no longer find it. :/

Agentt

Thighs
Yeah, these are fables, not fairy tales.
I remember a book we had that was very thick and it had many of these fables (stories with moral lessons). We duct taped its binding over the years because it was so old and falling apart. At last, we threw it away when we moved cause can no longer find it. :/
Yeah, you are right. We are just so used to call them that.
That reminds me, has anyone of you ever read a real fairy tale? Like with fairies?

D

Deleted member 45782

Yeah, you are right. We are just so used to call them that.
That reminds me, has anyone of you ever read a real fairy tale? Like with fairies?
Yes.
Wikipedia when I specifically google a certain type of fae. When I google that certain type of fae, they usually present a small story they are in. Interesting to note, that they used to be revered as more on the level of gods/goddesses until Christianity came around, then they got downgraded to just magical beings or fallen angels.

Fairy tales are like snow white, sleeping beauty, etc.