Completed Vs Ongoing

Mwpensword

So I've been writing on here about a month now and I know that different types of stories garner different levels of views and also that more chapters and more frequent release increases views so long as its quality content. What I'm wondering is, do light novels continue to gains views and fans once completed or is that pretty much it? Is it better to finish a story or to drag it on as far as the fans want to keep reading?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
It really depends on what you've planned for your story, or what you want from it, and if traffic is all you want, just keep posting daily and keep your chapters within 1-3k whilst pumping backstories and gigantic tournament arcs and side characters.

What I'm wondering is, do light novels continue to gains views and fans once completed or is that pretty much it?
If it's good enough, it will get word and continue to grow.

Mwpensword

I'm awful for doing this for the wrong reasons but I want to become one of the authors that net 2k+ a month on their patreon and write full time. Its unfortunate but that requires a lot of views. Tournament arcs you say? I'll have to add that to my list of things to write.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
I mean if you're going to drag it on so much that it's just full of crap, you'll just end up losing readers/patreons. If you can keep it interesting and engaging, sure, you can continue on.

Else, it might be better to end the story and start a new one. Or five.

Mwpensword

That is kinda what I was thinking. Let each story find its natural end and if I need to add more to the story write a sequel.

atgongumerki

If you want to net 2k moneys, I think you will have to distribute your work on many sites.
Besides, I heard that the readers on SH are less likely to shower you in sweet sweet moneys than on other sites.
P.S. do not forget to think about your taxes and other tariffs when setting goals.

Mwpensword

If you want to net 2k moneys, I think you will have to distribute your work on many sites.
Besides, I heard that the readers on SH are less likely to shower you in sweet sweet moneys than on other sites.
P.S. do not forget to think about your taxes and other tariffs when setting goals.
Thank you, I had already taken this into account. 2k a month including paying taxes would allow me to replace my current income with writing. I would suddenly be without health care but somehow I think I would survive. Especially considering the decreased going outside and contact with others. If it ever hits 3k a month I can think about health care and at 5k a month I could start bringing on a team as my profit increased I could add more authors and artists to the payroll of my personal site creating light novels and such. In any event we should all dream big because doing this as a hobby is great but you never know when you might need an alternative income. My current job sucks. I am in college to get a better job. Almost done just another year and a half or so. But writing is easier and more fun so it would be great to do that for a living.