Comprehensive Guide on Setting up RSS Feed for your Discord on ScribbleHub.

Wintertime

King of Nothing
Comprehensive Guide on RSS Feed's and setting up on Discord.

Hey! This is Winter, here to give you a comprehensive guide on how to set up RSS Feeds for your Discord Server. If you don't know what this is, do not worry. I will explain and you can set it up on your very own discord.

What is an RSS Feed?

An RSS feed is basically a way to easily distribute a list of headlines, update notices, and sometimes content to a wide number of people. This is for the authors who have a discord server of their own. Usually, you would have to go through the hassle of posting chapter updates to your discord manually, but with RSS Feed it will automatically post them as soon as your book is seen on the Scribblehub website.

How do I set it up?

Remember, where you're told to enter something, remember to enter whatever is inside the (parenthesis). Do not enter the () marks.

1. You need to have a Discord Server. If you don't have one and would like to set up one, then watch a tutorial on how to make a Discord Server, there are tons. Once you set up a discord server, create a discord channel called #chapter-updates. It can really be called anything, but this is where you will send the RSS feed.

2. Get the Discord.RSS bot into your server. You can add the bot via this link here. It will automatically give the bot permissions to your server, so you don't have to do anything extra.

3. Set up an RSS Feed. Type ( ~rssadd https://www.scribblehub.com/feed )

4. Once your feed is added, enter the following command: (~rssfilters)

5. A prompt will appear. Press 1.

6. Another prompt will appear. Press 1 again.

7. Another message will appear. Type out the word (Title)

8. It will ask you to enter the title description. Enter (~)'Your Novel Nickname':
For example. My book is called Mythron Chronicles, so I would enter
( ~Mythron Chronicles: )

9. Repeat the steps 4 through 6.

10. The same message will appear. Type out the word (Tags)

11. This is the hardest part of the tutorial. For the tags, you want to look at the ID of your novel. To find the ID, go to the main link to your novel. For example, my novel is Mythron Chronicles, and my link is here. (https://www.scribblehub.com/series/17451/mythron-chronicles/) The main ID is the numbers in between the series, so my ID would be 17451. For the tags then, I would type out: (~Mythron Chronicles 17451).
For your novel, it would be the name of your novel, and your own ID of that novel.

12. That's it! You can test if the bot works by repeating steps 4 and 5. When the prompt with the five options appear, You enter 5 instead of pressing 1 again. Another way of testing the bot is posting a new chapter! It might take 1-2 minutes for the first time, but after that, it should almost be instantaneous.

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Quite detailed
Thanks for the information!
Though I'm probably never going to use it, it's still nice to know just in case