Contest Theme's Suggestions

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Suggest your themes below for the next contest. Final decisions will be made by me.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
The Required Theme (add any, if you have anything to add...):
-> Anything (excluding Isekai, Yuri, Yaoi, and Fantasy) + Slice-of-life. [Club. Band. Purpose. Meaning of life. Cruel depictions of reality. Persona/True Self. Coping death. Romance. Romcom. Conflict. Misunderstandings. Work-life. E/Sports-type. Circle group (making a game, novel, or others). Covid-19 setting/Pandemic. Death game. Detective. Mystery solving. Looping time. Life's failure. Side character.]

Popular Themes w/ Genre Combination (add any, if you have anything to add...):
-> Romance + Yuri/Yaoi. [Love Triangle. Yandere/POV. Cheating. Misunderstanding. Romcom. E/Sports-type.]
-> Isekai + Anything (excluding Slice-of-Life). [Conflict. Science. Game. Medieval. Death game. Going home/Finding a way out. Battle Royale. Post-apocalyptic.]
-> Gender Bender + Anything (excluding Slice-of-Life) [Conflict. Romance. Romcom.]
-> Fantasy + Isekai + Yuri/Yaoi + Gender Bender. [Conflict. Romance.]
-> Isekai + Fantasy [Defeat the demon lord. Revenge. Shield hero. Becoming stronger. Conquering the whole world. Becoming an antagonist. Journey's failure.]

Category/Genre and Themes/Topics are both different (correct me if I accidentally put something not there :blob_teehee:)! Obscene genre (SMUT and ADULT) and topics (NTR, GORE, TORTURE, and not for young readers) are subjected to never should be committed in any (general or local) competition (unless officially verified for 18+ only). I know what you lads and gents are thinking, but you'll need to play your cards carefully and professionally.

Personally, if someone wants to attain creativity, then removing Isekai, Yuri, Yaoi, and Gender Bender is a good way to start it. Yuri/Yaoi are both in demand, but we shouldn't deeply focus on this. Both of them will boost the competition, but the chances for other genres to strive will be lower, especially with the result of the previous competition. Locking specific genres would be good if it can happen.

...For me, I'll expect the latter. :blob_sir:

Last edited:

witch_sorrowful

Mmm, Monke.
Fantastic Women Athletes

Stories/Novellas about women in sport. Writing about sacrifices they make and hurdles that they face as they compete to be the best. Or even just describe a match they play! Up to you.

Any sport is good. Can be sports from this world, or medieval times, and even absolutely original things you can come up with. Minimum 2000 words.

A slight nod of my head towards Naomi Osaka, who just resigned from the French Open. We don't get a lot of popular stories made about women's perspectives in triumphs and tribulations that occur in sports around the world. So, perhaps this?

bigbear51

If we're going with popular genres, of which there are many, then it should be something with a twist. Like if it's an action/adventure isekai, then you could have a wacky way to do battle/competition such as fishing or hitting targets. Or something that's supposed to be laid-back SOL could have an extreme aspect to something mundane how the presentation of cooking.

If it's trying to get an unpopular genre some attention, then sports since that has the least amount of stories right now. Doesn't really matter what you want to modify with it if anything at all. I certainly wouldn't want to just limit it to just one gender...

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Suggest your themes below for the next contest. Final decisions will be made by me.
Choose one, or all, Ai-chan doesn't mind. Ai-chan is generous.

1. Finishing unfinished stories
2. Sci-fi, like real sci-fi, not magic in space. Give more time too.
3. Ban reincarnation stories.
4. Ban transmigration stories.
5. Ban elves in space.

Or if you want to go extreme this time, make the theme 'yandere POV'.

YuujiEveryleaf

1. litrpg with female mc
2. tournaments
3. -dere mc (yandere, kuudere, etc)

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Popular Themes w/ Genre Combination (add any, if you have anything to add...):
-> Romance + Yuri. [Love Triangle. Yandere. Cheating. Misunderstanding. Romcom.]
-> Romance + Yaoi. [Love Triangle. Yandere. Cheating. Misunderstanding. Romcom.]
-> Isekai + Anything (excluding Slice-of-Life). [Conflict. Science. Game. Medieval.]
-> Gender Bender + Anything (excluding Slice-of-Life) [Conflict. Romance. Romcom.]
-> Fantasy + Isekai + Fanfiction + Yuri/Yaoi + Gender Bender. [Conflict. Romance.]
-> Isekai + Fantasy [Defeat the demon lord. Revenge. Shield hero.]
-> Fanfiction + [Insert]. [Depends...]
This has the feel of the Transformers franchise tbh

SailusGebel

Si-Fi + Detective. With no fantasy elements. No transmigration, no reincarnation, no time travelers, etc. Pure science fiction without space magic, warp, etc. Extraterrestrial species either absent or scarce, with no space orcs, elves, space bugs(Tyranids), etc.

Space opera + Adventure. Write a work similar to Cowboy Bebop, Star Trek.

Social science fiction. Without any additional things. Write about society, politics, etc. How certain inventions led to an alternate reality. How certain inventions led to achieving utopia\antiutopia. New faith changed the way the world operates. Sociology studies led to a different world structure and so on. Not a kingdom, state-building. No transmigration, no reincarnation, no time travelers, etc. No fantasy, no magic.

Ethnic fantasy. Write a story that is inspired by unpopular ethnic tales or from an unpopular culture\mythologies. Those who read novels, mangas, watch anime, and so on mostly like or at least heard of everything that came from Japan. Everything Japanesque is popular. Samurais, ninjas and so on. Different Japanese yokai, gods, fairy tales, legends, and so on, are also popular. Japanese mythology is popular. We have Romance of the Three Kingdoms from China. Tons of Chinese novels were inspired by their culture\mythology, and we read the translated versions. A lot of people like and know about northern European tales. About Vikings, Norse mythology, and so on. A lot of people know about Greece gods and tales. About Roman culture. Korean culture becomes more popular through manhwas and so on. There is a lot of books written in fantasy genres, historical genres, etc. All of them mostly use the default medieval European world. Without adding something original.
There aren't many games, movies, novels, and so on about Slavic culture, Aztec culture, African culture. Culture of India, cultures of different Island states. Culture of Steppe people and many more. Voodooism, shamanism, paganism. I suggest a theme to write a fantasy that embodies the spirit, the culture, the mythology, incorporates tales and legends from unpopular cultures.

Tearing_Sanctuary

Original world. Not earth, not any country in real life. Not isekai. Just characters from that world. No slice of life (lol). No romance...? Fantasy in a modern setting.

Or it could be Ruler or God like protagonist (but maybe that's already too common???)