Copy-paste a dialogue from your novel!

Pistachio

What it says on the tin, Author-sama! Gimme a one-liner, a dialogue or a sentence from a chapter or multiple chapters of your own novel. Don’t explain it, just drop it.

It can be short or long but please, not a whole chapter :blob_evil:

Let’s advertise our works, eh?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
"Hey man, how do you feel about cat-ears?"

The man sneered. "Mutant scum!"

"A slow death it is then." A nod

And smacked him with my Big D.

"FOR THE HORDE!"

(That sums up the novel beautifully, I think)

Mizu

I do not care if anybody else has a claim to the throne. I would only be willing to follow him and any child he sires. Even if they did not possess the imperial sigil.

glenn-fletcher

"Oh... oh, yeah..." the memories were coming back now. "Nicole... Zhao? You did painting with the kids? Right?"

"Right." she said. The girl seemed a little dejected, Scott noticed - weird, because he couldn't recall them ever talking before. "I can sign your yearbook, if you'd like."

"Never got one." said Scott. He didn't see the point in dropping eighty bucks on a book filled with pictures of people he never talked to. Nicole nodded. It seemed like she understood.

"Oh, okay..." the girl tucked a few strands of green behind her ear. "Well, see you around."

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
“Hey, are you alright?” she asked gently, her tenseness gone, but a soft defeated look instead took over.
“I didn’t mean to be so rude or harsh, alright? It-It’s just really fucking hard to wrap my head around this shit. You don’t know the world I came from, but from where I am, even if I am reluctant to do so, a husband and wife support each other. But so far, it’s hard to accept that I went from a single nobody to having a husband,” her voice hitched as she took in a deep breath.
“I know that this is all hard, and I know that you have had some lingering idea that I’m your Gwakkot. But, I’m really not. I didn’t grow up spoiled or with older siblings that betrayed her and made her feel so insecure. I didn’t grow up with someone like you, someone promised to me and in turn me to them. The world I came from is so much different from this! In fact, this world literally came out of a novel! It just doesn’t make sense. And, I don’t know why.”
Her eyes watered as her voice began to shake and stutter, “It must be harder though, living a life and trying your best to get back the love of your life, only to die of shock once she realizes what you did, what you are. You’re brave, you know? Reliving a hellish experience, even if there is a calm before the storm, just so you can see her happy again.”
Her hand slipped onto his and gave it a tight squeeze.
She turned around, taking his hands off of her shoulders, their faces much closer than he realized. Her movements were slow as if to not spook him, and so very gently she raised her hand to cup his face.
Song Gwakkot would never do this.
She used her thumb to caress his cheek, and when she looked up at him, with a smile that he’d never thought was possible on Song Gwakkot’s face, he felt hurt.
Song Gwakkot never cared enough to do this.
“H-hey, it’s ok…” she wiped away at his cheeks. A wetness making him aware of what was going on…
Song Gwakkot would never have cared for me enough to do this.
He didn’t even notice as hot tears trailed down his face, only to be met with the coolness of Song Gwakkot’s flesh as she gently wiped them away.
“I-I know that I’m a handful, and we’re both kind of forced into this situation because of Song Gwakkot- Er, my pregnancy…” she whispered, “And, I know that I don’t love you, that I don’t trust you, and in fact feel disgusted when you touch me… but I know that those issues are of my own; because my disregard towards your person is because of actions from a book, a book that doesn’t seem to follow the plot of this world anyway seeing as how you exist.”
She looked at him with a sweet grin, “But, I guess whatever higher power you prayed to let me come here for a reason, and it did give me a chance at another life. So, I guess what I’m trying to say is that while I cannot promise you the life you imagined with Song Gwakkot as your wife, I can try to be your wife.”
“I can try to love you,”
And, Ma Kitsune swore to himself at her own words that he would make sure that she did, and more.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
It was truly tragic, to the point of absurdity!

The one, you want to give your heart to, isn’t here anymore…

Kotohood

Noob Author
Take your clothes off." I bluntly told Corn Boy.

"Wh-what?!"

"You heard me, I need to put this stuff on you." I held out the herb paste in front of him. A fairly pungent smell emanating from it.

The boy squeezed his nose tight. "What!? No!" He yelled out with energy, despite being sick.

I ignored his protest and proceeded to forcefully take off his clothes, he tried to struggle but it was futile against me. The only thing I didn't took off was his pants because he seemed to be really embarrassed about it. Stop being so shy boy.

"Urghh" He let out a grunt as I slathered the paste over the purple rashes on his body.

"I love steak." the recorder spoke.

"Why?"

"I just like them."

"Are you a steak?"

"Of course. I'm a recorder."

"Are recorders steaks?"

"Recorders are the most delicious steak. That is why recorders would be found when butchering Kobe Beef in Akashita Prefecture."

Elateam

Fish and Chips Salesperson
As Param saw Bhagat approaching, he extended in his hand the most dignifying and savory meal any warrior would want on a fine Spring morning: a single, cold, mundane bread bun.

Param looked to Bhagat with a sort of sorry expression. “Well… Maybe later in the day we can find some rabbits to eat… heheh.”

Bhagat replied with an emotionless expression. “Hm, I hope we do. This bread is starting to get stale. I wonder how I’ll be able to keep eating this stuff after today… Wait? How many buns did we have anyways?” While saying all of this, he kept inspecting the bun for any... inconveniences.

“The hell man. Do you really think I’d give you moldy bread?”

"It's happened before."

"Bastard..."

crimson_carnation

Gimme a one-liner, a dialogue or a sentence from a chapter or multiple chapters of your own novel.

Can I take it to mean that more than one is allowed? :blob_evil_two: Then here are some quotes from my novel~

“This is how my story begins: Once upon a time around thirty years ago, it was a beautiful summer day when I fell from the sky.”
―from Chapter 8​

“If you torture me on the bed, then wouldn’t you get blood all over your sheets and have to throw them away? I’ve heard that bloodstains are hard to get off fabric, you know.”
―from Chapter 40​

“There are more stars out today,” she muttered around the candy. “Are they breeding in the sky?”
―from Chapter 82​

“You! How dare you touch me so disrespectfully! My cheeks are a heavenly treasure! How can you treat them this way? So rude!”
―from Extra 6​

Khiricastares

"No, no, no. You need to use less pressure."

"You just told me to use more!"

"And you went overboard. Also, don't neglect your breasts."

"A little busy down here."

"You're a woman now, why can't you multi-task?"

"Focusing more on learning really."

"You're not learning very fast. I told you to put it in already."

"I'm not ready."

"Sweetie, if it gets any wetter then you're going to flood."

"I mean my heart, I'm not ready."

"Screw your heart, you've got ten fingers so use them."

"I don't think you can fit ten fingers in there..."

"That's not what I meant!"

"Really?"

"Well, maybe you could go for eight?"

"Hilda!"

"Fine, if you don't want my advice I have something else."

"Is that a cucumber?"

"Of course not, it's clearly pink."

"Why does it look like it's vibrating?"

"Because it is."

"Why is it vibrating?"

"Because I turned it on."

"Please turn it off."

"I may have forgotten to include that function."

"I thought you could only collect daggers in your soul space?"

"Not explicitly, think about what they have in common."

"Stabbing motions?"

"Penetration."

"How are you not a succubus!?"

"How rude."

"Just, put it away."

"Aww, but I made it just for you."

"I'm not using that."

"But you're so bad at it!"

"Rude."

"I mean, using it would be so much easier."

"Put it away before I break it."

"You're going to make Tiffany cry."

"You named it?"

"Of course."

"You named it... Tiffany?"

"What else?"

"OK... Just, put Tiffany away... please."

"Fine, but we will remember this."

"Please forget about it."

"No, Tiffany shall have her revenge."

"Just shut up and go back to 'helping' me, please."

"Aye aye captain."

"All hands on deck?"

"But you don't have one anymore."

"God dammit Hilda."

"What? It's the truth."

"Can we... can we just go back to me trying to masturbate?"

"That's the smartest thing you've said all night."

"I really hate the fact that I agree with you."

hueyhare

"When are they coming?" Lolan asked despite knowing that it would just give Brendell more fuel.

Brendell laughed at him. "Who cares. You can't go anyway."

Lolan slumped at the response. He knew this game all too well. Lolan had stopped playing a long time ago, but this was too important. "Please, Brendell," he said. "Just tell me when."

"What do I get out of it?" asked Brendell, arrogant in his power of over Lolan.

Lolan thought about it. What did he have left of any value? His bow wouldn't be something Brendell would want, and he had very few possessions aside from a few books, mostly about the great storm mages. What else was there?

"Give me the necklace," said Brendell with his head bent down. He stared Lolan in the eyes waiting for a response. There was no smile on his face, but Lolan knew that Brendall was savoring every moment of this.

"Brendell. You can't. Just tell him when it is. It's all he has left of them," said Ashlynn, finally chiming in after swallowing a bite of her own food. Worry showed in the wrinkles on her forehead.

Lolan looked down at the chain that hung from his neck. The medallion was tucked into his shirt where it wouldn't be seen. He pulled out and looked at it. A golden stylized phoenix sat inside of the circle with its long flowing tail of fire wrapping around beside it.

It was true. It was all he had left of them. It was his only external reminder of what he was, aside from his own body, of course.

He had never known them. Maybe it was time he let go. Maybe it was time he tried to embrace the Elves and find his place among them. Why had his mother ever stooped so low to be with a Human anyway? They're pigs. Dishonorable slobs. Maybe, if he just gave that side of him up, he could be an Elf.

He pulled the necklace off and handed it to Brendell.

"Lolan. What are you doing?" asked Ashlynn, amazed.

"I need to know," said Lolan.

Shirtaloon

“You will bow before the magic of Darryl Caruthers, worshipping my name as I...”

“Wait, wait, hold on,” Jason interrupted, holding up a hand. “Did you say your name was Darryl Caruthers?”

“You have heard of my greatness!”

“Sorry, mate, no. It’s just that Darryl Caruthers isn’t exactly a high priest of evil kind of name.”

“What?”

Jason gestured at the woman.

“I mean, what's your name?”

“I am Lady Cressida Vane,” she sneered.

“See, now there’s a quality high priest name,” Jason said. “High Priestess Lady Cressida Vane. Just listen to it; you can practically hear the tyranny.”

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
"Ocelia, you can stop now. It doesn't matter anymore. You have done your best." A dull voice transmitted into her ears, numbing her body and melting her heart. At that moment, she felt a warming sensation rushing through her blood vessels, loosening her body and telling her to lay down and sleep away the worry.
"I am grateful for your help. It means a world to me. You would always support me through my dark time. Even now, you still continue to do so.
"For an unknown person like me, why are you willing to forgive me for what I have done? Why did you trust a man who cheated everything from you? Why?!
"You don't know me, yet you say you love me. You don't even know anything about my past! Did you know that I already have a wife? Did you know that I have a daughter? Her name is Metia. Did you know any of this?
"I am disgusting and selfish. I played with your feeling. I kept everything to myself. How come can you still... forgive me?" Abruptly, Forus froze on spot. A pair of delicate arms warped around his existence, filling his raging mind with a breeze of affection. Quietly, he fell onto the embrace of a maiden, sobbing soundlessly on her lap.
In his blindness, he could not see the expression of his lover. She tried her best to speak. Because of her destroyed vocal cord, she could only produce a breath. From the movement of her lips, one could guess what she was saying.
"Please... No more." Tears upon tears rained down from her face. Like the blessing of heaven, every drop of tear would wash away the corruption on the ground and gave life to the dull world.

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
Is it really a good idea to listen to some sphere I'd only just met?

Probably?

IvyVeritas

“Like a wizard, right? But you said I wasn’t one.”

“Wizardry isn’t the only way to access arcane magic, just the most common. I’ve heard stories of people who learned to cast a spell or two without any training and without knowing the words, but they’re rare. Most of them are never able to go beyond that, but a few have managed to keep teaching themselves more. They generally can’t learn anything too complicated, though. A binding spell, for example, requires a lot of preparation. You can’t just…think about it and make it happen.”

“Could I learn to cast spells the normal way?”

“I don’t know,” Deshin said. “You’d have to have a knack for it first—most people don’t—and then it might take you years just to learn how to summon your mage lights that way. Or it might go faster since you can already do it.”

“How do I find out?”

“You’d have to apprentice with an experienced wizard. An apprenticeship usually lasts for ten years.”

Corec laughed. “I can’t do that. I guess I’ll keep going as I have been.”

“Well, if you want to try something else, I do have another book…”

==========

From The Eighth Warden, Chapter 14

S-Scherr

He remembered the last morning he’d watched her from the woods—her unkempt, long, blond hair dancing in a soft breeze over the shoulders of her long, white nightgown. He remembered the way she folded her legs up toward her chest, resting her arms and coffee cup between her knees as she seemed to savor each sip and just absorb the morning with those sharp, blue eyes. Those eyes—it was always the eyes—that told him everything he needed to know. And then there was her secret smile, only released in moments such as these when both woman and child surfaced to fuse as one while the illusion of life renewed had not yet faded to the harsh realities of the pending day...

-From Don't Feed The Dark, Chapter 1-1

ChubbyLiv

"Ocelia, you can stop now. It doesn't matter anymore. You have done your best." A dull voice transmitted into her ears, numbing her body and melting her heart. At that moment, she felt a warming sensation rushing through her blood vessels, loosening her body and telling her to lay down and sleep away the worry.
"I am grateful for your help. It means a world to me. You would always support me through my dark time. Even now, you still continue to do so.
"For an unknown person like me, why are you willing to forgive me for what I have done? Why did you trust a man who cheated everything from you? Why?!
"You don't know me, yet you say you love me. You don't even know anything about my past! Did you know that I already have a wife? Did you know that I have a daughter? Her name is Metia. Did you know any of this?
"I am disgusting and selfish. I played with your feeling. I kept everything to myself. How come can you still... forgive me?" Abruptly, Forus froze on spot. A pair of delicate arms warped around his existence, filling his raging mind with a breeze of affection. Quietly, he fell onto the embrace of a maiden, sobbing soundlessly on her lap.
In his blindness, he could not see the expression of his lover. She tried her best to speak. Because of her destroyed vocal cord, she could only produce a breath. From the movement of her lips, one could guess what she was saying.
"Please... No more." Tears upon tears rained down from her face. Like the blessing of heaven, every drop of tear would wash away the corruption on the ground and gave life to the dull world.

This.

I have to read.

But I'm scared-