Crawling out of the editing hole...

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
I am crawling out of my editing hole for just a moment to vent. Or is it to bring praise... hm...:blob_melt:

I recently had a reader that changed my life for the better! Thanks to them, I found a glorious free tool that I did not know existed or would be so great.

That glorious thing is Read Aloud in word. I never knew Word could read back my work to me. And gosh darn it, do I find errors so much easier. It is a blessing! If you have Word App it is in the review tab. *In case no one else knew about it like me.*

Thanks to it, I have noticed I love to eat words. It also allows me to catch run-on sentences with ease. I also noticed I sometimes forget to separate current inner thoughts from my paragraphs, making it seem like I break tenses!

While I can read a story twenty times, I can't find them on my own. They sound fine in my head. And worse yet my mind adds the missing words I eat.

Yet hearing it being read allows me to be like... wtf was I thinking? How did I not notice that??? My mind is truly my worst enemy.

Does this happen to anyone else? Or is my mind rotten... :sweating_profusely:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I think your head is still muddled...
You probably misread Artist as Author :blob_evil_two:
1627590754150.png

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Yep, read aloud is a game changer, I paid $70 for Natural Reader several years ago, and I'm glad this stuff is available for free these days.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Yep, read aloud is a game changer, I paid $70 for Natural Reader several years ago, and I'm glad this stuff is available for free these days.
Yes, it is. :blob_aww: Well, for Word if you are a student and use your student account. It is free.~
*I just saved mine and use it even though I am not in school.* Shhh don't tell anyone.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
By sheer coincidence, this happened to me today. I have a method of revising my work and one of the steps is to read it out loud. After reading the same thing over and over again, it gets kind of tiring. I also get really thirsty when reading it myself and sometimes feel tired and lazy. "I wish someone could read this for me", is what I thought. I don't have Word, I use Notepad to write my stories and any free proofreader to check it out. But with that said, I remembered I used to use a free text to speech website that allowed me to save the reading into an MP3. Not only would it read it back to me, but I can even get an estimate on how long it would take to read it. I even found a British sounding voice so I feel like it's being read to me by a gentleman or something, he he.

I did just that and, oh my gosh, this is a time saver for sure. And you're right, you can spot errors much easily and get ideas on how to improve your writing. :blobthumbsup:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Yes, it is. :blob_aww: Well, for Word if you are a student and use your student account. It is free.~
*I just saved mine and use it even though I am not in school.* Shhh don't tell anyone.
I'm using Word 2007 since I got this ancient thing called a CD when I graduated from high school. There's no subscription fee that way.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
By sheer coincidence, this happened to me today. I have a method of revising my work and one of the steps is to read it out loud. After reading the same thing over and over again, it gets kind of tiring. I also get really thirsty when reading it myself and sometimes feel tired and lazy. "I wish someone could read this for me", is what I thought. I don't have Word, I use Notepad to write my stories and any free proofreader to check it out. But with that said, I remembered I used to use a free text to speech website that allowed me to save the reading into an MP3. Not only would it read it back to me, but I can even get an estimate on how long it would take to read it. I even found a British sounding voice so I feel like it's being read to me by a gentleman or something, he he.

I did just that and, oh my gosh, this is a time saver for sure. And you're right, you can spot errors much easily and get ideas on how to improve your writing. :blobthumbsup:
Wait, wait! My read aloud sounds like a robot! I want a gentleman to speak to me too! :blob_gift:
I'm using Word 2007 since I got this ancient thing called a CD when I graduated from high school. There's no subscription fee that way.
Gosh... that is an ancient thing indeed! Prehistoric! Goddess! I wish we could go back to those days lol. When there were any subscription fees!:blob_aww:

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
Apparently OneNote, which I use for taking notes and was where I wrote the first five chapters of my story, has Immersive Reader. It's... Pretty good. It read out one of my side stories and made me realize I rather like my story. Although it's a little embarrassing to hear it read out loud...

Last edited:

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Apparently OneNote, which I use for taking notes and was where I wrote the first five chapters of my story, has Immersive Reader. It's... Pretty good. It read out one of my side stories and made me realize I rather like my story. Although it's a little embarrassing to hear it read out loud...
I feel the same! Though... My story has steamy scenes. x100 embarrassment!
Though, I love my story! :blob_melt: