Create a trending list specifically for new titles

RayVer

I think it would be a real asset and well enjoyed feature if scribblehub could make a second trending list, however it being for novels that were created within the last two weeks.

It would allow new books of high quality or activity to get the exposure they need, without them having to be pushed of the new stories or recently updated list so quickly and I think that many authors would benefit from it.

Agentt

Thighs
Isn't that what new series lists is?
Wouldn't it give an unfair advantage to authors who publish multiple chapters in beginning?
Or authors like me who wrote a clickbaity prologue?

tounokenja

Gyaru connoisseur
you get your 4-8 hours in new releases because of the large influx of new writers lately. One chapter is nice, but even the pros release at least 3 to start.

Trending is fair game. When a damn harry potter fanfic is #1, it's really up to the author to step their game up. Trending is a privilege of either writing some quality shit, or figuring out how to game the algorithm.

For that matter, if there's going to be a new trending list, it would be better to have the system choose one of the main genres (No tags) and then select (best 9 on front page) out of at least 25 randomly from it that have been either updated in the last 90 days, or are marked as complete and have gotten the requisite amount of activity to put it there. reads/favorites/comments/reviews etc.

Mechaphobic

I think it would be better if it populated random titles from the trending list every time the page was refreshed with no rank attached. This way as long as you made the list it would boost your views and if the reader wants the rankings they can click on it. I feel like the goal should be to improve writing, and right now it has become a competition. By just adding more lists it isn't going to make things better for anyone.