Create .epub

Mortrexo

Being able to choose which chapters to select and download a .epub of them. For example. Select from chapter 50 to chapter 90 and create a .epub of that. It would help those that don't know much about how to create them and will also attract people to upload the books to your pages.

Last edited:

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
Scribblehub earns money from ads. It's counterproductive to add features to push readers to not use the website to read.
What ads i'm on a school computer so maybe i havent seen them idk

Ymadthepirate

Cringe, I mean you can spank me with the ruler if I want im not against it.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
What ads i'm on a school computer so maybe i havent seen them idk
There are ads on the sides of each page, and there tends to be one below the view count of each chapter once you go to a chapter page.

It tends to vary depending on your region though. I remember talking to someone who never saw any ads on Scribblehub a while back, for one.

Ymadthepirate

There are ads on the sides of each page, and there tends to be one below the view count of each chapter once you go to a chapter page.

It tends to vary depending on your region though. I remember talking to someone who never saw any ads on Scribblehub a while back, for one.
ok

AliceShiki

how do i get my story on novelupdates?
Hmm, probably you can't unless you're an LN translator. They only update the translations from famous LNs.
Novelupdates only lists translations of Asian Novels that are available for free online. The translations have to be in English language.

Those are the restrictions. There is nothing related to popularity there. It just needs to be a translation, needs to be freely available online, and needs to be an English translation.

Most translations aren't even of LNs, but of WNs instead, since it's much easier to get the raws for those.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
>website is broke as fuck
>website needs monotization
>website needs ads
>"Let's put in a feature that lets users avoid using the site!"

Bruh 🗿

Now, if the site allows writers to convert their own chapters into .epubs or vice versa from the Author's Dashboard, that'll be swell and cool as hell.

Too bad these are pipe dreams anyway.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Novelupdates only lists translations of Asian Novels that are available for free online. The translations have to be in English language.

Those are the restrictions. There is nothing related to popularity there. It just needs to be a translation, needs to be freely available online, and needs to be an English translation.

Most translations aren't even of LNs, but of WNs instead, since it's much easier to get the raws for those.
There is the small sidebar advertising SH over there...
As far as I can tell, what shows up on that is purely based on the "latest chapter updates," though, so no popularity involved.

AliceShiki

There is the small sidebar advertising SH over there...
As far as I can tell, what shows up on that is purely based on the "latest chapter updates," though, so no popularity involved.
Yes, the sidebar to advertise Scribblehub was made on purpose, as plenty of people requested NU to also track Original English novels... Tony decided to make Scribblehub instead of adding track for English novels on NU.

And since both sites are owned by him, there was no problem in having one site advertise the other.

And yeah, the advertising is based on latest updates~