Create your own Heroes!

Paraknight

Hey There! My novel, The Evolution: Rise of the Heroes is focused on the nature of humans if they were to have their own powers. Whether they'll use it to the benefit of others or to themselves.

So I've thought of sharing your unique powers. It must have it's own drawback for example;

Telepathic
drawback: Overusing it would give the user a headache.

Being Able to Breathe Underwater
dr: You would have Fish Gills (To adapt to the environment.)

tak

Charging batteries
But you have a lot of static electricity & often got zapped.
There should probably a limit on how much you can charge but I don't understand those things

Acolyte01

Super power erasure: erase any and every kind of super power
You can only use it once a day

Voss

Transformation: You can become a copy of anyone through physical contact.

Drawback: You are never able to assume your original form. Outside of stealing someone else's identity you no longer exist on paper.

Azuroth

The ability to understand any language instantly.
Drawback: Constantly hearing everyone's b*itching and moaning whenever you're at the grocery store.

Paraknight

Drawback: Constantly hearing everyone's b*itching and moaning whenever you're at the grocery store.

Uhh, It doesn't make any sense though xD Like the drawback doesn't fit in to your ability.

Pistachio

Power: Siren Voice; (your) speaking voice has the ability to manipulate others to do (your) bidding.

Drawback: (You) are robbed the ability to speak normally but fear not, singing doesn’t affect anyone — it’s crappy though.

Bonus: Talking telepathically doesn’t influence the receiver

[This comes from a character I’m developing but I don’t mind sharing this one :;):]

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Power: Empathy: The power to feel the emotions around you and control them to your bidding.

Drawback: Every emotion you manipulate feedbacks on you. So, if you give someone debilitating fear, you end up useless too. The tendency is to just give happy, calming emotions.

Is that fine?

Reactions: tak

tak

drawback suggestions:
  • you understand what people say and mean, but you don't know how to convey yourself.
  • You can't really differentiate between languages. So the more languages you learn, the more messed up the language you speak/write. (Not like bilingual problems, it's worse because you also speak baby, cats, and dogs)
Power: Empathy: The power to feel the emotions around you and control them to your bidding.

Drawback: Every emotion you manipulate feedbacks on you. So, if you give someone debilitating fear, you end up useless too. The tendency is to just give happy, calming emotions.

Is that fine?
my first thought: make others want to go to the toilet URGENTLY. But then i realize that's feeling not emotion.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I was writing a character from a novel where everyone's OP except for him. Heck, the world is filled with mana and its actually poisonous to him so he wears a collar that disperses mana so it wouldn't touch him.

Super Strength? Nope. He's as average as a normal human(which I would call old humans since mana buffs the people making them like superhumans).

He's unlucky which even worsens his life but he does have a title.

'The strongest human'

It would funny due to his state but its actually quite an achievement since he's can actually faced off powerful beings even he is an old human. Heck, i'm currently writing an arc where a demon used a mana disruption that the OP chars get nerfed except for him which he defeats the demon even with so many disadvantages.

Llamadragon

Power: Being able to hear other peoples thoughts
Drawback: Can’t turn it off. Every time someone has an ear bug, you hear it. Every time someone have sexual fantasies about you, you hear it. And crowds are such NOISY PLACES.

taesijr123

Power: tentacles, being able to multi-task.
Drawback: Grosses out girls, or outright turn them on.
[Fudge I can't think of a drawback for it!]

Power: being too handsome
Drawback: it also attracts other males and you lost your sense of shame.

mrsimple

Writer
The supernatural ability to overwhelm anyone with raw terror. :blob_shock:

Drawback: (Probably a lot more can be thought up, but I'm just gonna list the lucky seven ones that I thought up off the top of my head. :blob_okay:)
1. Not many people will like you, if any. I mean, c'mon, this is a rather repellent power. :blob_hide:
2. Victims who have survived their most frightening experience instinctively tend to target you as a major threat. :blobspearpeek:
3. People with a highly rational mind might see through the fear inducing power as they gradually the f:blob_whistle_two:k calm down and figure out there is no founded reason to be afraid. :blob_hmm:
4. Everyone has a different reaction towards being afraid, and depending on the situation, that can lead to a wore case scenario critically backfiring. (Caution: this power is not for the faint of heart. :blob_ghost:)
5. Some people are just not normal and can be fearless... Beware pissing off that wrong sort of person. :blob_thor:
6. This is a psychological power, hence the need for people to be of any use, and the moment you use it, your one-trick ability is kinda useless. :blob_no:
7. After the gradual long-term use of this ability, your sense of humanity may have been taken down a notch or numbed by the many traumatic responses from those you've witnessed terrorizing. :blob_blank:

I'm sure there are more possible drawbacks for this power, but again, that's what I can readily think up than can be a real negative. :blob_popcorn_two:

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Power: The power to return to the time you first got your power with all your experiences and memories in an organized and easily accessible manner when you die, and you gain limited time control.
Drawback: You have no power the first time around in a world where other superpowers are rampant and extremely dangerous. When you do gain your time control, you age the same amount of time manipulated.