Resolved Creating chapter dark mode option.

Horrorific

I can feel my eyes burned when I'm writing at midnight.
bandicam 2020-05-06 22-16-51-894.jpg

Is it possible to have the option to change the background in dark mode?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You might try installing Flux on your computer. I use it and write in MS Word, which doesn't even have a dark option, and it works great for me!

Horrorific

Just a temporary dark mode before an actual dark mode came. I finally know how to change the background colour but it's going to be a bit hassle every time you hit 'draft' or refresh.
bandicam 2020-05-07 12-55-55-222.jpg

Just open inspect element and click the three dot beside X. Click search and then find d9d9d9

That's the colour of the background. Once you find it, click and go to the code line which pops up after you click it.

change it from #d9d9d9 to #424242 ( Shown in the image ). You can change it however you want using Hex colour code.

The text can't be seen normally, so change your text colour to white

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Haha! It's called type it into your search bar, but sure, here:

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Aeon Flux: "Take me!"

@Horrorific, you might want to edit the prefix (instead of inserting a pseudo-tag) since you're sending mixed signals at the moment. It's like you're still hoping and waiting for a dark theme but content enough with your temporal html/css workaround.

Horrorific

Aeon Flux: "Take me!"

@Horrorific, you might want to edit the prefix (instead of inserting a pseudo-tag) since you're sending mixed signals at the moment. It's like you're still hoping and waiting for a dark theme but content enough with your temporal html/css workaround.
Woops, true. I still want that dark theme.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
*facepalm*

Here at the forums, at the footer, there's a pen icon followed by Default Style.

In the main, clicking your avatar shows a dropdown menu. One of the choices is Theme.

You really should edit the topic prefix to resolved since the feature was already available all along.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
*facepalm*

Here at the forums, at the footer, there's a pen icon followed by Default Style.

In the main, clicking your avatar shows a dropdown menu. One of the choices is Theme.

You really should edit the topic prefix to resolved since the feature was already available all along.
The complaint is not about the forum, but when trying to publish the story.
That doesn't have that.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
The complaint is not about the forum, but when trying to publish the story.
That doesn't have that.

I forgot to ask about that when I was composing my previous post. I should have reread the thread start. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm also wondering if it really was necessary to have a separate subdomain for the forums. Is it simply because other sites have always done it that way?

The earlier versions of Firefox, I think way before flash support was discontinued, there was a feature that allowed users to use their own css. Maybe that was a security risk so it was removed.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I forgot to ask about that when I was composing my previous post. I should have reread the thread start. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm also wondering if it really was necessary to have a separate subdomain for the forums. Is it simply because other sites have always done it that way?

The earlier versions of Firefox, I think way before flash support was discontinued, there was a feature that allowed users to use their own css. Maybe that was a security risk so it was removed.
The main site was coded by Tony, the forum was bought from xenforo.

I think he needs a separate domain to use a xenforo site.

Jemini

I think the solution to this is fairly simple.

1. Install a blue-light filter program on your computer.
2. Don't read in dark mode. White text on a dark background is going to be hard on your eyes no matter what you do or what time of day you are reading.

Reading in light mode with a blue-light filter will solve all your problems.

Horrorific

Since there's a program *cough* f.lux. I don't think there's a need to add dark mode option for the Creating Chapter now.