Credit Artists, Authors, Proofreaders on Series Page

FernGilly

I'd like to properly credit my artists, authors and proofreaders in the story synopsis-- but I can't use links in the synopsis, and there's no way to add multiple authors. I know you probably have a backlog of features to work on, but a lack of crediting for the work others have done is already rampant in this community, and I'd like some tools to push back against that and thank my editors for all the hard work they do for me. I can use chapters for now, but viewers aren't as likely to click from inside a chapter as they are from my main page. Some means of crediting people would be appreciated, even if it's just a new Glossary option for staff on the project!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
You can just name them on your story synopsis.

You can also put a link to their works on your synopsis if you want. It's not gonna be a clickable URL, but people can always copy paste the link if they're interested.

This doesn't need a new feature.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

You can also put a link to their works on your synopsis if you want. It's not gonna be a clickable URL, but people can always copy paste the link if they're interested.

but it would be nice if you could see the work an author contributed from their personal profile page. you may be iffy on one guy's body of work but then you scroll to their Credits page and bam, you find out they've contributed as an editor/illustrator/world-builder/proofreader/whatever on another favourite work of yours/multiple high-profile titles. not only would it be a good catalogue to record their work, but lends credibility to those who've accidentally stumbled upon someone who just needs a little co-signed push to dive into their bibliography.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
As someone who is mostly browsing through SH on phone, I can say that having unclickable links is the same as not having links.

Copy & paste on desktop is a matter of seconds. But mobile users will give up after their fat fingers selected the wrong line for the nth time, accidentally deselected, or zoomed in instead of tapping on the selection. After finally selecting the whole link, there is also the challenge to open a new tab to paste the link in... (ignore this microtask challenged fish)

FernGilly

No, it's true, I have trouble with this too. Even on desktop, if you can't click the link, the clickthrough rate drops dramatically-- on mobile, I don't even bother with copying links. Too much room for error.
but it would be nice if you could see the work an author contributed from their personal profile page. you may be iffy on one guy's body of work but then you scroll to their Credits page and bam, you find out they've contributed as an editor/illustrator/world-builder/proofreader/whatever on another favourite work of yours/multiple high-profile titles. not only would it be a good catalogue to record their work, but lends credibility to those who've accidentally stumbled upon someone who just needs a little co-signed push to dive into their bibliography.
This so much. In the film industry, we make sure everybody is credited for the work they've done, no matter how small their part. Linking artists is a good start, but if you're an author looking for artists or editors, you want to know what names other people are using. It helps you build your portfolio if you AREN'T an author, and that's important.
As someone who is mostly browsing through SH on phone, I can say that having unclickable links is the same as not having links.

Copy & paste on desktop is a matter of seconds. But mobile users will give up after their fat fingers selected the wrong line for the nth time, accidentally deselected, or zoomed in instead of tapping on the selection. After finally selecting the whole link, there is also the challenge to open a new tab to paste the link in... (ignore this microtask challenged fish)

To be clear, this is the current and accepted method. But it's not a very good one, it doesn't allow for co-authors or proper attribution for editors-- I can't go to my proofreader's page (they've released a novel on Scribblehub too!) and see that they've done proofreading for me. I can't go to an artist's page and see they did a bunch of work for this author and that author and that author. So it could, potentially, use a feature, and it isn't just something you can do with a synopsis.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You could always put links at the end of your first chapter, but yes, it would be nice to have a special place for those things.

melchi

What is a custom title?
I think this would be a nice idea, even if only limited to scribble hub users. If someone was considering an artist their profile could have the authors that credited them.

Empyrea

Dense Writer of Lewd
I don't think I'll need it myself anytime soon, but I think it's a good idea.

I've noticed a few fan novels that are based on the novels of others on the site, and this would also help them attribute those.