Creepy Girl

Ral

cg.png
cg.png

I accidentally created a very creepy looking girl that gives anyone who sees her the heebie-jeebies. I tried to make a kinda generic cute anime-ish girl but end up with a horror instead.

I could have done some more (like actually create a skin texture) but it obviously is a failure so I just make a more or less complete lighting set-up and make a final render.

On to the next project/horror experiment.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
This girl has failed to give me the heebie-jeebs that I was promised.
I want a refund.

Ral

This girl has failed to give me the heebie-jeebs that I was promised.
I want a refund.
What happened? Everyone says she is creepy!

Last edited:

Yorda

What happened? Everyone says she is creepy!
I honestly can't see this character as being creepy. You'll have to try harder.

You should make a poll for quantitative analysis. Creepy? YES or NO.

In my defence, I dreamed of slicing a zombie's head off with a broken piece of glass last night and today I also dreamed of blockading metal doors to prevent a monster from breaking into a long abandoned lab.

Do you like the colour green in particular?

Ral

In my defence, I dreamed of slicing a zombie's head off with a broken piece of glass last night and today I also dreamed of blockading metal doors to prevent a monster from breaking into a long abandoned lab.

I had a WIP thread for this character and it was unanimous that she doesn't look right (you are one who told me so). That she just makes them feel disturbed or something.

Maybe one of my next project will be horror stuff . . . though, considering my track record, it would be a failure too and people would find it cute or something.

I actually like all colors. I decided on minty green for no particular reason. It is also a rather common color in anime so why not.

Yorda

I had a WIP thread for this character and it was unanimous that she doesn't look right (you are one who told me so). That she just makes them feel disturbed or something.

So it's just me who can't tell creepy from fine. Uh oh. 🙃
I'm entertained now, and totally not disturbed no matter how much I stare at it.
You'll have to up your game to something like "The Nightmare Before Christmas" before I start feeling weird.
Good luck on your horror creations! Things that I create never quite turn out the way I imagine, but I was always fine as long as it was interesting.

Ral

So it's just me who can't tell creepy from fine. Uh oh. 🙃
Nope. Everyone said the same thing.
I'm entertained now, and totally not disturbed no matter how much I stare at it.
You'll have to up your game to something like "The Nightmare Before Christmas" before I start feeling weird.
Good luck on your horror creations! Things that I create never quite turn out the way I imagine, but I was always fine as long as it was interesting.
I'll get The Nightmare Before Christmas as a reference. The cartoony style would also make it easier too. I can't do realistic and my computer don't have the juice so I really can't even if I want to.

atgongumerki

She looks pretty normal!
Except for the eyes, which are looking in completely different directions.

Ral

Except for the eyes, which are looking in completely different directions.
Yeah. Cross-eyes (or sometimes wall-eyes). I was hoping I could get away with it.

This is kinda common issue with cartoon characters, like Anna and Elsa (especially apparent with Anna):

Judy and Nick:

Boss Baby:

Even anime:

It is pretty much the case for these characters with large eyes, especially when done in 3D. The large eyeballs just don't fit well in the face.

I plan to use a flat/painted eye in my next project just like the how anime eyes are actually drawn. Maybe that would work better.

Last edited:

atgongumerki

wow, never really paid attention to that (maybe because I do not consume such type of media)
But what makes yours different is the plastic-look or rubber-look, due to uniformity of skin-colour and the 100% closed mouth
(don't mind me, I am just searching for a reason)

Ral

wow, never really paid attention to that (maybe because I do not consume such type of media)
:blobrofl: I love cartoons. I don't actually notice this kind of stuff too until I start making my own art.:geek:
But what makes yours different is the plastic-look or rubber-look, due to uniformity of skin-colour and the 100% closed mouth
(don't mind me, I am just searching for a reason)
Hehe:blobrofl:. This is actually not finished/abandoned. I just lost my interest and motivation to continue working on this. I just put up an unfinished work.:sweating_profusely:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
View attachment 3256
View attachment 3256
I accidentally created a very creepy looking girl that gives anyone who sees her the heebie-jeebies. I tried to make a kinda generic cute anime-ish girl but end up with a horror instead.

I could have done some more (like actually create a skin texture) but it obviously is a failure so I just make a more or less complete lighting set-up and make a final render.

On to the next project/horror experiment.
I think if the eyes had been closer together, as well as the irises/pupils slightly smaller, then it wouldn't have looked as off-key as it does.
Saying that, I don't find her creepy-looking.
'-'

X

Kaguro

It's not exactly creepy but I see what you mean. I think it's something like that 'uncanny-valley'.

It looks very plastic-toned like a 3D model of a toy, but not cartoony enough to evade looking weird.

Overall very well done, impressive modeling work.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World

I agree, she looks strange at most, but creepy? Come on. :blob_evil_two:

Ral

I think if the eyes had been closer together, as well as the irises/pupils slightly smaller, then it wouldn't have looked as off-key as it does.
I'll see what I can do in the next project. I never really intend to finish this one as I said in my post. It is far from finished. I just don't have the motivation to continue.
It's not exactly creepy but I see what you mean. I think it's something like that 'uncanny-valley'.

It looks very plastic-toned like a 3D model of a toy, but not cartoony enough to evade looking weird.
I'm familiar with the uncanny valley, but, how is this not cartoony enough? Surely, Anna and Elsa is less cartoonish than her. In what way could I make it clear that she is a cartoon, well, more so?
Overall very well done, impressive modeling work.
Thanks!:blob_party:
I agree, she looks strange at most, but creepy? Come on. :blob_evil_two:
Well, I have a WIP thread for this character and everyone just keeps saying that they find her disturbing. It completely makes me lost my motivation when I just can't make it work and similar comments appear with every progress I post. Maybe I should not make a WIP thread next time.

Last edited: